Blue on Blue fire claims another life.

The Police are trained to shoot. Shoot fast, shoot often, and keep shooting. What they are not trained for apparently is how to hold your fire.

Body-cam captures New York City cop killed in a struggle with suspect 'reaching for his gun' | Daily Mail Online

When I was a boy, and my Father had me at the Gun Range learning how to shoot the .22 Rifle my first time. Dad taught me to think before I shoot. Was there anything downrange I did not want to shoot? Was there anything between me an the target? These lessons were always there. When I joined the Army, we trained to always know where our buddies were before we shot, we did not want Fratricide, killing our buddies. As a Combat Engineer who crawled out in front of Infantry to clear obstacles so the Grunts could get to the enemy, I was especially aware of the risk of Blue on Blue fire.

The problem is that cops are trained to shoot first, shoot often, and keep shooting. I have posted before about the cops in California who shot six hundred rounds at the baddies, killing the hostage, and most of the cops shooting were either shooting dangerously close to their fellow cops, or had no view of the target, and were shooting anyway. Blue on Blue in the Army was what killed Tillman in Afghanistan if you remember. Someone got trigger happy, and kept firing when the path was blocked by friendlies.

In New York, this caused the death of a fellow cop. So does this mean we have a war on cops, by cops? Are cops in the midst of a Civil War killing each other? Or is the poorly trained reality starting to come home? I have said before, the policies and procedures are in almost every case, a result of the wrong lesson being learned from previous shootings.

I wonder what lesson will be learned from this event? I have no faith that they will learn fire discipline, the term for reducing blue on blue fratricide. Instead they will decide that they have to shoot even sooner, to avoid the chance that there might be a friendly between them and the baddie.
..your title is all wrong, SMan...let me put what you really mean and say:
I AM PERFECT.....a thread by SMan
.SOB JESUS CHRIST hold crap!! again???!!!..another ''I am perfect --cops are shitheads'' thread.....???!!!!
..hey --wake up!!--the Gun Range is not REAL LIFE....nothing like dynamic situations dealing with irrational, dangerous, drugged up, etc jackasses.....
....AND---AND--you just contradicted yourself from another thread..before, you said the Army knew what they were doing and were BETTER than the cops...now you say the Army Fked up......

holy fk---get off your high horse and stop thinking you would be PERFECT at doing what cops do.....
..you are NOT perfect....you're a self righteous *******

Blue on Blue happens, and it is the responsibility of everyone involved to strive to keep it from happening. First is training. The soldier who fired and killed Tillman did not do what he was supposed to. He was firing when he was not supposed to. He was firing because his Squad Leader was firing. He did not know what he was firing at. That was a war zone, which is a little more understandable. Especially when you consider that the war zone has unknown numbers of hostile, trained, and equipped with automatic weapons.

This had nothing at all similar to that situation however. This was four cops, one baddie. They had him outnumbered. Four to one odds.

When airplanes crash, we watch as an in depth investigation takes the events apart second by second to find out everything that went wrong. To learn what happened, and how to prevent it from happening again, if possible. We do so knowing that we will never eliminate all airplane crashes, but we hope to reduce them to the lowest possible number, always striving for improvement.

Police don’t really do that. They kill an innocent, and shrug helplessly and say it’s a difficult job and who are you to question anything we do? Or they whip out the claim that any changes will result in more dead cops. Which is absolute bullshit. In this case, the cop died, not because of the actions of the baddie, but the actions of fellow cops.

The example I used in a reply was the California Bank Robbery in which six hundred rounds were fired by police. The reconstruction of the events showed that most cops who were shooting could not see the bad guys. They couldn’t even see them, but were shooting anyway. You are right, that isn’t like a gun range. The analogy would be if you went to a gun range, and started shooting in the parking lot. Of course you’re going to miss the target. That isn’t the actions of professionals, that is the actions of pathetic children who were firing rounds because they had no idea what they were doing.

Trigger happy cops killed a fellow officer. Will they be held accountable? No. Will they be subject to additional training? No. Will the policies change one damned bit to reflect their errors to try and prevent it from happening again? Nope. If anything the cops will swear that this proves that they have to show even less restraint. Shoot even earlier.

It was a pathetic performance, and it led to the death of another cop. Any other view is just smoke and mirrors trying to justify the indefensible.
I -SMan--am perfect--my dad taught me at the range/etc etc = bullshit
..you are saying and have said before I I I --SMan--am perfect..I would never make a mistake

I can see your abilities or skills with reading comprehension is abysmal. You must be a cop. You can’t understand simple English. Or you are a lunatic who reads words and is unable to comprehend the simple meaning of those words. Which is it?

Where did I say I was perfect. I have fired only one single round when I did not intend to. I’ve told that story here before. I was lucky, fortunate, that nobody got hurt from that mistake. But I have made many other mistakes, and I try to not only learn from them, but share them to help others avoid the same mistake. Why is it wrong to try and learn from mistakes? Or are you saying a dead cop was the perfect outcome?
.....bullshit--you were never in the military...if you were, you were a REMF cook --cooking hot dogs..a real military MAN would never brag, or talk shit like you do
..I know your type, in the rear area, never in combat.....and you dream of being a hero = =so you bad mouth the police and make yourself out to be SUPERMAN
.....''If I --SMan--can do it, why can't the police'''!!!! this is what you said before in other threads...you think you are ROboCop Super Hero

here!!!JESUS F CHRIST--massive amounts of police hate from YOU!!
thread after thread after thread hating police and you ARE saying you could do it better
..you would shit in your pants if you were in their situation
Search Results for Query: police | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

First, I don’t care if you believe what I say is true or not. Second. My DD214 says I was a 12B2P. Units include 82nd Airborne Div. 307th Engineers. In those days, our barracks were at the end of the Yadkin Extension, known locally as the Yadkin 500 because people tended to speed down the road to Fayetteville. Of course, that was back from 89 to 93.

I want our cops to be better. I don’t make the mistake of hating anyone. That is a mistake by the way. When you hate something, you become that thing. A statement I have made many times on many subjects. I want people to live, cops, and civilians. I want people to survive, and I believe that the wrong lessons have been learned time and time again from incidents.

I am not alone in thinking that the wrong lessons were learned.

Watch the video, Paul Harrell will recreate every shot taken by the FBI during the famous Miami shootout. He shows that it was not the weapons that were the issue, which was the claim of the Advocates like yourself. The FBI agents were mostly armed with .38 Specials and .357 Magnums. It wasn’t that the weapons were old, nor that the round was outdated. They missed the baddies. They did not hit the baddies. Now, I don’t care what weapon you hold in your hand, I don’t care how powerful, or awesome the ammunition is, if you miss the baddie, it doesn’t matter one damned bit.

But the lesson learned and applied nationally was that the cops could no longer use the revolvers, and the departments rushed to the Wondernines. Beretta’s led the pack for that change. But the 9MM was no more powerful than the .38 Specials in use. There was just more of them in the pistol at one time.

The lessons we learn from incidents, depends on learning the truth. I mentioned aircraft accident investigations. A passion of mine is watching and reading about them. One comes to mind here. The Queens Catastrophe.

American Airlines Flight 587 - Wikipedia

Let me give you the synopsis, since I know you have a short attention span. The black box recordings showed the Co-Pilot flying the plane kicked the rudder over and over again, causing enough stress to build up that the tail of the aircraft broke off. The investigation could have stopped there, written off as pilot error. But the investigators did not stop there, they wanted to know why. They found out the co-pilot had been in a simulator when an extreme scenario was played out. The intended lesson was to never stop fighting to fly the plane. The lesson learned (wrong lesson) was that small inputs would not save the airplane, it took maximum available inputs to the controls.

The investigators figured this out, and created the fix to insure that everyone who was given that scenario was retrained. To prevent another accident just like the one that killed 260 people.

Now, imagine that this accident had been investigated like a police shooting. The pilot did everything right. The airplane worked as designed. No changes, no fixes, nothing to prevent it from happening again. No right lessons from the tragedy.

I am the one saying the cops need better training to prevent more cops being killed. I am the one advocating for better training so that more cops live. You are the one objecting to that training, to saving more lives, and you scream that I am anti cop. I have never called on a cop to die. I have never once celebrated any deaths, cops or others. You are the one so happy that a cop is dead. Not me.

I am the one saying we need to examine the police policies, so we can prevent future cops from dying.

How many cops dead is a good thing? How many cops need to die before you decide that they need more training to survive? How many cops should be dead?

I feel stupid asking that. but apparently you are unhappy that anyone dare challenge the idea that the cops are doing a fantastic job when they shoot one of their own.

If you think that is a great job, then this video will almost certainly bring you much joy.

I would say that the cop who shot his partner in the back made a mistake. I would argue that he definitely needs more training to be more aware of his muzzle position and direction. I would argue that he needs to be trained to always keep his pistol pointing in a safe direction when not engaging a hostile target. I suppose you would say he was doing a bang up job.

Are you disappointed that the cop survived being shot in the back? I know I am grateful that she survived. I wonder what we can do to reduce those events as much as possible. I know we will never eliminate them, but we should always strive to be as good as possible, perfection is impossible.

The Police are trained to shoot. Shoot fast, shoot often, and keep shooting. What they are not trained for apparently is how to hold your fire.

Body-cam captures New York City cop killed in a struggle with suspect 'reaching for his gun' | Daily Mail Online

When I was a boy, and my Father had me at the Gun Range learning how to shoot the .22 Rifle my first time. Dad taught me to think before I shoot. Was there anything downrange I did not want to shoot? Was there anything between me an the target? These lessons were always there. When I joined the Army, we trained to always know where our buddies were before we shot, we did not want Fratricide, killing our buddies. As a Combat Engineer who crawled out in front of Infantry to clear obstacles so the Grunts could get to the enemy, I was especially aware of the risk of Blue on Blue fire.

The problem is that cops are trained to shoot first, shoot often, and keep shooting. I have posted before about the cops in California who shot six hundred rounds at the baddies, killing the hostage, and most of the cops shooting were either shooting dangerously close to their fellow cops, or had no view of the target, and were shooting anyway. Blue on Blue in the Army was what killed Tillman in Afghanistan if you remember. Someone got trigger happy, and kept firing when the path was blocked by friendlies.

In New York, this caused the death of a fellow cop. So does this mean we have a war on cops, by cops? Are cops in the midst of a Civil War killing each other? Or is the poorly trained reality starting to come home? I have said before, the policies and procedures are in almost every case, a result of the wrong lesson being learned from previous shootings.

I wonder what lesson will be learned from this event? I have no faith that they will learn fire discipline, the term for reducing blue on blue fratricide. Instead they will decide that they have to shoot even sooner, to avoid the chance that there might be a friendly between them and the baddie.
..your title is all wrong, SMan...let me put what you really mean and say:
I AM PERFECT.....a thread by SMan
.SOB JESUS CHRIST hold crap!! again???!!!..another ''I am perfect --cops are shitheads'' thread.....???!!!!
..hey --wake up!!--the Gun Range is not REAL LIFE....nothing like dynamic situations dealing with irrational, dangerous, drugged up, etc jackasses.....
....AND---AND--you just contradicted yourself from another thread..before, you said the Army knew what they were doing and were BETTER than the cops...now you say the Army Fked up......

holy fk---get off your high horse and stop thinking you would be PERFECT at doing what cops do.....
..you are NOT perfect....you're a self righteous *******

Blue on Blue happens, and it is the responsibility of everyone involved to strive to keep it from happening. First is training. The soldier who fired and killed Tillman did not do what he was supposed to. He was firing when he was not supposed to. He was firing because his Squad Leader was firing. He did not know what he was firing at. That was a war zone, which is a little more understandable. Especially when you consider that the war zone has unknown numbers of hostile, trained, and equipped with automatic weapons.

This had nothing at all similar to that situation however. This was four cops, one baddie. They had him outnumbered. Four to one odds.

When airplanes crash, we watch as an in depth investigation takes the events apart second by second to find out everything that went wrong. To learn what happened, and how to prevent it from happening again, if possible. We do so knowing that we will never eliminate all airplane crashes, but we hope to reduce them to the lowest possible number, always striving for improvement.

Police don’t really do that. They kill an innocent, and shrug helplessly and say it’s a difficult job and who are you to question anything we do? Or they whip out the claim that any changes will result in more dead cops. Which is absolute bullshit. In this case, the cop died, not because of the actions of the baddie, but the actions of fellow cops.

The example I used in a reply was the California Bank Robbery in which six hundred rounds were fired by police. The reconstruction of the events showed that most cops who were shooting could not see the bad guys. They couldn’t even see them, but were shooting anyway. You are right, that isn’t like a gun range. The analogy would be if you went to a gun range, and started shooting in the parking lot. Of course you’re going to miss the target. That isn’t the actions of professionals, that is the actions of pathetic children who were firing rounds because they had no idea what they were doing.

Trigger happy cops killed a fellow officer. Will they be held accountable? No. Will they be subject to additional training? No. Will the policies change one damned bit to reflect their errors to try and prevent it from happening again? Nope. If anything the cops will swear that this proves that they have to show even less restraint. Shoot even earlier.

It was a pathetic performance, and it led to the death of another cop. Any other view is just smoke and mirrors trying to justify the indefensible.
I -SMan--am perfect--my dad taught me at the range/etc etc = bullshit
..you are saying and have said before I I I --SMan--am perfect..I would never make a mistake

I can see your abilities or skills with reading comprehension is abysmal. You must be a cop. You can’t understand simple English. Or you are a lunatic who reads words and is unable to comprehend the simple meaning of those words. Which is it?

Where did I say I was perfect. I have fired only one single round when I did not intend to. I’ve told that story here before. I was lucky, fortunate, that nobody got hurt from that mistake. But I have made many other mistakes, and I try to not only learn from them, but share them to help others avoid the same mistake. Why is it wrong to try and learn from mistakes? Or are you saying a dead cop was the perfect outcome?
.....bullshit--you were never in the military...if you were, you were a REMF cook --cooking hot dogs..a real military MAN would never brag, or talk shit like you do
..I know your type, in the rear area, never in combat.....and you dream of being a hero = =so you bad mouth the police and make yourself out to be SUPERMAN
.....''If I --SMan--can do it, why can't the police'''!!!! this is what you said before in other threads...you think you are ROboCop Super Hero

here!!!JESUS F CHRIST--massive amounts of police hate from YOU!!
thread after thread after thread hating police and you ARE saying you could do it better
..you would shit in your pants if you were in their situation
Search Results for Query: police | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Are you on some sort of drugs?

Forum List

Back