Blue Dogs vs Libs

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
There is a battle brewing. The Bluedogs are going to be challenged by the Liberals in the Democratic Party. The Public Option portion of the reform bill is in big trouble and the Liberals of the party are targeting the Bluedogs of their party.

I just hope that the battle doesn't end up costing the country any chance of health care reform. I expect the GOP is very happy about the discourse in the Democratic Party. There is no lock step with the Dems. The extreme wings of the Democratic Party will either forge a compromise or kill the entire effort.

My favorite healthcare moment was when a women told Obama she didn't want any socialized medicine, and they better not touch her Medicare.

Priceless...

My favorite healthcare moment was when a women told Obama she didn't want any socialized medicine, and they better not touch her Medicare.

Priceless...

That's a typical dumbass liberal for you.

Yes, a dumbass liberal who depends on Medicare...incredible...

She should drag her frail body out on the street, gain a full time job, and earn health insurance like everyone else!

Priceless...

No, that's a typical dumbass conservative.

Conservatives don't show up to his press conferences, they know they won't be allowed to ask questions.
When are you going to realize that he controls his his press conferences and town hall meetings? Are you this stupid in real life, or do you just act this way on the internet?

Priceless...

She should drag her frail body out on the street, gain a full time job, and earn health insurance like everyone else!

Why would you be so hardhearted about her? Are you liberal? Learn some compassion.

Why would you be so hardhearted about her? Are you liberal? Learn some compassion.

I would wager the old woman did not understand what health care refrom means. She may be neither liberal nor conservative. The irony is that she is dead set against the Government doing anything to reform health care, because she is dependent on an exisiting health care program. She has been mislead by the many extremes that she has heard from the talking heads on TV.

It is a time proven ploy. Confusion breeds discourse, which eventually breeds failure.

I would wager the old woman did not understand what health care refrom means. She may be neither liberal nor conservative. The irony is that she is dead set against the Government doing anything to reform health care, because she is dependent on an exisiting health care program. She has been mislead by the many extremes that she has heard from the talking heads on TV.

It is a time proven ploy. Confusion breeds discourse, which eventually breeds failure.
Liberals that depend on government programs are usually easily swayed by slick talking politicians. It's a time proven ploy.

Liberals that depend on government programs are usually easily swayed by slick talking politicians. It's a time proven ploy.

of course...lots of old people on medicare are flaming liberals. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?

of course...lots of old people on medicare are flaming liberals. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?
Nothing to support your false opinion, so you just claim stupidity on everybody else.
Wow, we are so fortunate to have your imminent wisdom to guide us. :eusa_whistle:

Charming partisan insults aside, I wonder if the seeming surge in calls for completely nationalized healthcare is part of a wider political game. Obama's plan would be the "compromise" between the two extremes in that scenario.

Personally, I support Obama's health care initiative, and I think the children's healthcare initiative here in Illinois was quite positive.

I expect the GOP is very happy about the discourse in the Democratic Party.

I am. I hope it comes down to baseball bats and brass knuckles. Maybe they can beat some sense into each other's head and vote this horseshit Obama bill down now before they spend a trillion dollars on a big Democratic boondoggle. When these clowns go home for the summer recess they are all going to be getting an ear full from the folks back home and when they come back to DC they will have something sensable to talk about and forget about all of this stupid health care reform bill altogether. They'll be asking for Obama to send the next trillion dollar stupid idea to congress so they can show us all how ignorant they are.

Charming partisan insults aside, I wonder if the seeming surge in calls for completely nationalized healthcare is part of a wider political game. Obama's plan would be the "compromise" between the two extremes in that scenario.

Personally, I support Obama's health care initiative, and I think the children's healthcare initiative here in Illinois was quite positive.

Interesting...

I think a Bill will come through but it may be so watered down by the time it does, it will do little if any good. But I must admit that Obama's initiative has gotten further than any other effort of the past. It will be interesting, to say the least.

The call for a single payer system is part of an awakening in America to the truth.

Every other industrialized nation has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay HALF per person what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because a single payer system doesn't have to pay admin overhead, marketing, and profit for 150 different insurance companies.

The call for a single payer system is part of an awakening in America to the truth.

Every other industrialized nation has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay HALF per person what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because a single payer system doesn't have to pay admin overhead, marketing, and profit for 150 different insurance companies.

They also don't have companies inventing the next generation of life saving drugs and medical equipment in spite of an FDA that tries to hold them back. They also don't have as many surgeons on the cutting edge of perfection. They keep their costs down by relying on the US for the best new medical technology.
Tell me something Chris, if you had brain cancer, would you go to Duke University for treatment (like Mr Kennedy did), or would you go to some other country that offers government sponsored "free" health care? If government sponsored single payer systems are so fucking great, how come you never hear about some US politician going to some foreign country for medical treatment. Explain that, dumbass.

They also don't have companies inventing the next generation of life saving drugs and medical equipment in spite of an FDA that tries to hold them back. They also don't have as many surgeons on the cutting edge of perfection. They keep their costs down by relying on the US for the best new medical technology.
Tell me something Chris, if you had brain cancer, would you go to Duke University for treatment (like Mr Kennedy did), or would you go to some other country that offers government sponsored "free" health care? If government sponsored single payer systems are so fucking great, how come you never hear about some US politician going to some foreign country for medical treatment. Explain that, dumbass.

Why would a millionaire go overseas for treatment? The rich like Kennedy get great healthcare in this country. The poor get none until they are at death's door. Is Kennedy's life more important than that of a person without millions of dollars? Thanks for proving my point.

And as far as innovation goes, go and look at the people who have won the Nobel prizes for medicine in the last 20 years. Most of them are from nonprofit universities, and a lot of them are from overseas.

And to say that every other industrialized nation keeps its healthcare costs down because of "American technology" is laughable. Their costs are kept down by not paying admin overhead, marketing costs, and profit for 150 different insurance companies. Likewise their doctors don't have to hire a huge staff to keep up with paperwork for 150 different companies. Plus there are fewer lawsuits since no one goes bankrupt trying to pay for their treatment. 60% of bankruptcies in this country are caused by healthcare costs. And our businesses are at a huge competitive disadvantage because they have to pay employee healthcare costs, and businesses in the other industrialized countries don't have to. Our system is totally fucked up.

Last edited:
Every other industrialized nation has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay HALF per person what we pay for healthcare..

Still sticking with that same old lie? In another thread, it was pointed out that, among others, Germany, Belgium and Holland have multiple-payer systems. You even acknowledged in another thread that Germany has multiple payer. Now you're back to the same old lie.

Forum List

Back