Blue Dogs vs Libs

God these right wing nuts are stupid.

End of life counseling is sorely needed in this country.

We treat our dogs better than we treat ourselves.
^^^^^^^^^^^

see, Chris supports killing the elderly

My mother left strict instructions for when she was about to go.

No resuscitation.....she did not want to live as a vegetable.

Thank God, she discussed it with us ahead of time.
there is a huge difference in that from telling them HOW to end their life

^^^^^^^^^^^

Too true. If I want end-of-life counseling, then I will go talk to a counselor, lawyer, and pastor of my choosing. I do NOT need the government to come in and tell me that I need to do it and what I need to do about the end of my life, let alone actually decide for me that it's time for my life to end.

Say it with me now, leftists: IT'S NONE OF THEIR DAMNED BUSINESS!

^^^^^^^^^^^

So, now you want the counseling to sound like a plan to commit suicide. You are very clever in twisting words into falsehoods.

So, now you want the counseling to sound like a plan to commit suicide. You are very clever in twisting words into falsehoods.

Actually, YOU are NOT very clever at reading only what you want to read, and ignoring everything else. Take your ass back to my post, read what I said, and THEN go to the source material and read the actual text. We aren't just talking about the government helpfully coming in for a cozy little chat about forcing you to have a living will and medical power of attorney - although that's bad enough, since it's none of their business. We are very much talking about them coming and making you prove to them that Granny should be given medical treatment instead of being euthanized. Says so right in the bill you didn't read.

Insofar as you have yet to say anything in this discussion about Obamacare other than "Obama promised it would be THIS way", don't even THINK about coming back and presuming to discuss this bill until you've read at least part of it.

what the fuck would you call "alternative end of life"?

Man, it happens every frigin day of our lives. When a person becomes terminally ill, the family is counceled whether they want to prolong the suffering. I have been in several of these situations. Doctors should be making those decision, not the government.

Man, it happens every frigin day of our lives. When a person becomes terminally ill, the family is counceled whether they want to prolong the suffering. I have been in several of these situations. Doctors should be making those decision, not the government.
yet the Obamacare plan is for the GOVERNMENT to do that

I believe that was our point concerning this bill. Doctors - or more accurately, the patients and their families, in consultation with the doctors - should be making these decisions, not the government. The government has no place in this, and it's wrong for it to be trying to deal itself in.

Forum List

Back