Blood Lions: A Call to Stop Canned Lion Hunting

I am not a leftward or a bleeding heart progressive

That doesn't mean that I don't love and care for all animal life!

Shame on all of you!
There is no great number of canned hunts in Africa... By far most animals killed in Africa are for bush meat.
These shows are playing to the emotions of the candy a$$es... These shows are like reality shows... Not an once of truth to them.

Don't believe these a$$ hats...

I love animals, but this is insanity! Cull the herd of lions, they are NOT endangered! Beside SAVE the lives of other LESS HOSTILE animals!

You pitiful fool, you obviously didn't read any of the OP. This lions are explicitly raised for "canned" hunts. You've heard of puppy mills - well, these are lion mills.

And as with PUPPY BREEDERS, there should be REGULATIONS, overseas by the gov't involved, and checks to NOT overkill anything. BUT Squaw, it's INBRED in man to hunt, because queers and liberals don't have that "GENE" doesn't make it WRONG for hunting to be done, especilally if the MEAT is used to feed poor Africans ...even YOU want poor Africans fed, don't you?

You're amazingly stupid but you've accidentally hit on what I consider to be a good test of our actions.

Ask yourself if you would be okay with a particular action if it was done to puppies and kittens.

Would you be okay with putting puppies and kittens in a small fenced enclosure and charging thousands of dollars to shoot at them?

How about greased pig contests? Those are baby animals, unaccustomed to being handled and they're turned loose in a small enclosure for children to chase and injure and torment. You okay with doing the same to puppies and kittens?

That's just it Fugly, they DON'T do that, and with say a Michael Vick case, he deserved much worse that hew got. It's a matter of what man is allowed BY LAW to do...if YOU don't like what is legal, as you are doing here, keep talking about it, BUT you are a HYPOCRITE when it come to KILLING UNBORN HUMANS, and no matter what you say, you are scum and deserve to be treated as such by all of us that sanctify human life ...over other animals! Your RIGHTEOUS bullshit doesn't fly in the face of your HYPOCRISY!

Blood Lions came on MSNBC at 10:00 pm, and I'm still watching it. It also looks like it will show again at 11:00 pm (a few minutes from now).
It's just a made up reality show...
Washington redskin

Shame on all of you!
There is no great number of canned hunts in Africa... By far most animals killed in Africa are for bush meat.
These shows are playing to the emotions of the candy a$$es... These shows are like reality shows... Not an once of truth to them.

Is that a deer head you have on your avatar Rustic?
Sad.

Ha ha ha!! The Leftwats are still menstruating over Cecil the Lion! Awesome!

Let's kill 10 more just like him and send them over the edge.
hahaha-024.gif

Perhaps THIS will help you..Saint Francis would look down and DISAPPROVE of you!
That's why he's not my patron saint. Though I think if he chanced upon a lion, he'd grab a weapon to defend himself.

Defend himself from attack is one thing, we aren't talking about that!
Really? Ask the wildebeests who are glad the fucker is dead.

Lions are threatened or endangered in every single population around the world but that's not the point here.

Zoos breed animals because the public wants to see babies. Remember the giraffe that was killed in front of kids and fed to other zoo animals? That was so they would have space to have more babies, who, in turn, would be killed.

There are on line sites where you can buy animals that have been bred for no other reason than to increase traffic to zoos. Those animals are tame. They are put into small enclosures for limp-dicked assholes (like some in this thread) to PRETEND to hunt.

I've seen a video of big cat released from cages and running under a pick up to hide. The aforementioned limp-dicked assholes actually had to shoot the cat under the truck, drag the carcass out to take that all important FAKE trophy photo.

Before you decide that some animals have a right to live without being hunted by their NATURAL predators (like limp-dicked asshole Vigilante says about zebras above), you might want to educate yourself about the natural world and the balance or predator and prey.

I know all about predator and prey, and agree with you on SOME pints, as would anyone with a heart, BUT, here you come again to a point where MAN is FREE to do what he wants, and as the TOP PREDATOR, has the NATURAL RIGHT to do so...even if you and I don't like it! That's why you are a simpering pile of shit, when it comes to logical thinking and I'm not! And you talk about the natural world and the balance of predator and prey, the only difference is the big cats KILLS with claw and teeth, cause MUCH PAIN to the prey, while a fucking BULLET put the lion out of misery almost immediately...Yes, I know what they did to Cecil, that is why that dentist is going on trial, a CLEAN KILL is mandatory!

Watch the videos. A clean kill is anything BUT mandatory. (Where do you get this shit?) There is nothing immediate about their deaths because your so-called top predator gets his gun out once a year, cleans it, buys a case of beer and goes off to pretend to be a big hunt 'n' grunt he man.

The big cat has no choices about how he/she feeds herself or her cubs.

Human beings do have a choice.

The natural predator cannot show mercy because the god you SAY you believe in didn't create him that way. That same god you SAY you believe in did, however, give humans the ability to feel compassion.

Although I don't believe any god created them or us, I do know that only humans are capable of cruelty because only humans know how NOT to be cruel.

I have never seen you demonstrate even a smattering of knowledge of the relationships between predator and prey. Your posts in this thread prove that you know even less than I previously thought. You're not logical. You're just ignorant and close minded.

You can defend canned hunts all you want but they are not "sporting", not fair, do not feed anyone and are incredibly cruel.

Blood Lions came on MSNBC at 10:00 pm ET, and I'm still watching it. It also looks like it will show again at 11:00 pm ET (a few minutes from now).

Encore presentation about to begin.

I love animals, but this is insanity! Cull the herd of lions, they are NOT endangered! Beside SAVE the lives of other LESS HOSTILE animals!

You pitiful fool, you obviously didn't read any of the OP. This lions are explicitly raised for "canned" hunts. You've heard of puppy mills - well, these are lion mills.

And as with PUPPY BREEDERS, there should be REGULATIONS, overseas by the gov't involved, and checks to NOT overkill anything. BUT Squaw, it's INBRED in man to hunt, because queers and liberals don't have that "GENE" doesn't make it WRONG for hunting to be done, especilally if the MEAT is used to feed poor Africans ...even YOU want poor Africans fed, don't you?

You're amazingly stupid but you've accidentally hit on what I consider to be a good test of our actions.

Ask yourself if you would be okay with a particular action if it was done to puppies and kittens.

Would you be okay with putting puppies and kittens in a small fenced enclosure and charging thousands of dollars to shoot at them?

How about greased pig contests? Those are baby animals, unaccustomed to being handled and they're turned loose in a small enclosure for children to chase and injure and torment. You okay with doing the same to puppies and kittens?

That's just it Fugly, they DON'T do that, and with say a Michael Vick case, he deserved much worse that hew got. It's a matter of what man is allowed BY LAW to do...if YOU don't like what is legal, as you are doing here, keep talking about it, BUT you are a HYPOCRITE when it come to KILLING UNBORN HUMANS, and no matter what you say, you are scum and deserve to be treated as such by all of us that sanctify human life ...over other animals! Your RIGHTEOUS bullshit doesn't fly in the face of your HYPOCRISY!
Lions are threatened or endangered in every single population around the world but that's not the point here.

Zoos breed animals because the public wants to see babies. Remember the giraffe that was killed in front of kids and fed to other zoo animals? That was so they would have space to have more babies, who, in turn, would be killed.

There are on line sites where you can buy animals that have been bred for no other reason than to increase traffic to zoos. Those animals are tame. They are put into small enclosures for limp-dicked assholes (like some in this thread) to PRETEND to hunt.

I've seen a video of big cat released from cages and running under a pick up to hide. The aforementioned limp-dicked assholes actually had to shoot the cat under the truck, drag the carcass out to take that all important FAKE trophy photo.

Before you decide that some animals have a right to live without being hunted by their NATURAL predators (like limp-dicked asshole Vigilante says about zebras above), you might want to educate yourself about the natural world and the balance or predator and prey.
If they own the animals they can do what they want with them... No ones else's business.

Shame on all of you!

Sad.
I usually agree with you 100% but you take your heart warmed feelings too far. Deer especially breed like, well, cats, and many starve to death in the winter if not some hunted and killed, eaten and their antlers trophy's. I know, hard to understand, but a hunter really does the deer population a favor!

Shame on all of you!

Actually, Africa and other countries make much more money from photo safaris.

Most canned hunts in the US are in Texasss and feed no one.

If they own the animals they can do what they want with them... No ones else's business.

Not really, even here the ASPCA regulates how many dogs you can have in a home, and has officers to inspect and arrest for cruelty!

The death of a beloved lion named Cecil, at the hands of an American hunter in Zimbabwe, struck a nerve around the globe. The debate about the ethics of that hunt still provokes strong emotions. On Wednesday, October 7th, MSNBC will focus on another side of the industry, the legal side. Blood Lions, a one hour documentary, takes viewers inside the seldom seen world of the “canned hunting” industry in South Africa.

With the help of Ian Michler, safari operator and environmental journalist and Rick Swazey, an American hunter, viewers will see inside the breeding farms where lions are bred for a variety of exploitative revenue streams.

“Our film is an exposé,” says Blood Lions director Bruce Young, “most of the lions exist in appalling conditions, exploited at every stage of their lives. Even the people in South Africa do not know that lions are being bred for the bullet – and that it is totally legal. We want to show the world what is going on, who is involved, the impact on the animals and how much money is being generated by this industry.”

blood_lions_captive_vs_wild_hunt_403x403_090215_v2.jpg

Also known as captive bred lion hunting, canned hunts allow hunters to select their lion ahead of time and complete a hunt in a matter of just three days. Canned hunts provide a cheaper, faster, and a surefire way of hunting predatory animals, compared to wild lion hunts which may last weeks with a much lower probability of success. Americans are largely fueling the industry, with 62% of the trophies being imported into the United States, according to Humane Society International.

The documentary includes the perspective of both proponents of this practice who say that hunting helps preserve Africa’s lion population and conservationists who are quick to dispute that claim.

Catch the premiere of Blood Lions, Wednesday October 7th at 10pm ET on MSNBC.

"Blood Lions" premieres Wednesday October 7th on MSNBC

Blood Lions™ - A Call to Stop Canned Lion Hunting

Canned hunting is very dishonorable to the hunter and to the prey. Actually, canned hunting is not hunting - it's just killing, much like in a slaughterhouse.
Not that I am for canned hunts but why is it that so many so called Americans are bitching about this when they have canned hunts all over America?

Ha ha ha!! The Leftwats are still menstruating over Cecil the Lion! Awesome!

Let's kill 10 more just like him and send them over the edge.
hahaha-024.gif

Perhaps THIS will help you..Saint Francis would look down and DISAPPROVE of you!
That's why he's not my patron saint. Though I think if he chanced upon a lion, he'd grab a weapon to defend himself.

Defend himself from attack is one thing, we aren't talking about that!
Really? Ask the wildebeests who are glad the fucker is dead.

That's why I posted the picture of the zebra!

The death of a beloved lion named Cecil, at the hands of an American hunter in Zimbabwe, struck a nerve around the globe. The debate about the ethics of that hunt still provokes strong emotions. On Wednesday, October 7th, MSNBC will focus on another side of the industry, the legal side. Blood Lions, a one hour documentary, takes viewers inside the seldom seen world of the “canned hunting” industry in South Africa.

With the help of Ian Michler, safari operator and environmental journalist and Rick Swazey, an American hunter, viewers will see inside the breeding farms where lions are bred for a variety of exploitative revenue streams.

“Our film is an exposé,” says Blood Lions director Bruce Young, “most of the lions exist in appalling conditions, exploited at every stage of their lives. Even the people in South Africa do not know that lions are being bred for the bullet – and that it is totally legal. We want to show the world what is going on, who is involved, the impact on the animals and how much money is being generated by this industry.”

blood_lions_captive_vs_wild_hunt_403x403_090215_v2.jpg

Also known as captive bred lion hunting, canned hunts allow hunters to select their lion ahead of time and complete a hunt in a matter of just three days. Canned hunts provide a cheaper, faster, and a surefire way of hunting predatory animals, compared to wild lion hunts which may last weeks with a much lower probability of success. Americans are largely fueling the industry, with 62% of the trophies being imported into the United States, according to Humane Society International.

The documentary includes the perspective of both proponents of this practice who say that hunting helps preserve Africa’s lion population and conservationists who are quick to dispute that claim.

Catch the premiere of Blood Lions, Wednesday October 7th at 10pm ET on MSNBC.

"Blood Lions" premieres Wednesday October 7th on MSNBC

Blood Lions™ - A Call to Stop Canned Lion Hunting

Canned hunting is very dishonorable to the hunter and to the prey. Actually, canned hunting is not hunting - it's just killing, much like in a slaughterhouse.
Not that I am for canned hunts but why is it that so many so called Americans are bitching about this when they have canned hunts all over America?

I missed where anyone said it was okay to torment wildlife here but not there.

Shame on all of you!

Sad.
I usually agree with you 100% but you take your heart warmed feelings too far. Deer especially breed like, well, cats, and many starve to death in the winter if not some hunted and killed, eaten and their antlers trophy's. I know, hard to understand, but a hunter really does the deer population a favor!
I grow up hunting for food for the table and trophy hunting both being a huge part of the Oglala Sioux culture... I will never be ashamed of that or apologize for it.

Forum List

Back