Blogger publishes names, address of newspaper staff after gun-permit database

Is it legal to publish local gun owners? That seems like a serious invasion of privacy.

Available with a FOIA request.

OTOH, publishing journalists names and addresses for people who are armed and demonstrably nuts - not such a great idea.

While the nutters are celebrating, I'm just hoping no one gets shot.

rw nutters/gun nuts, GET A FRIGGIN GRIP ALREADY.

Is it legal to publish local gun owners? That seems like a serious invasion of privacy.

OTOH, publishing journalists names and addresses for people who are armed and demonstrably nuts - not such a great idea.

Shut the fuck up, you ignorant hypocritical troll

Think of it as "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".

The newspaper recklessly not only identified to criminals where guns were to steal.

BUT now criminals know which houses can be robbed or home invaded by being told by the newspaper who can be victimized.

Those wild and crazy news nuts deserve this.

Some of those legal gun owners are trying to hide from their abusive husbands, I hope the paper has good liability insurance.

Outstanding. Fighting fire with fire. Good work.

It is complete bullshit to so callously publish the names of gun owners, some of whom may be victims of domestic abuse hiding from their abusers.

It also gives every home invader a handy list of what addresses DON'T have armed homeowners.

Stupid fucks. I hope they enjoy their own names and addresses all over the internet now, pondering all those gun owners who are pissed at them.

I agree, the publishers of that publication did a completely irresponsible thing by posting that information. It's not like a person can go to the county clerk and look up gun permits like they can look up public records like deeds and mortgages. They actually had to get a FOIA request in order to receive that information.

Payback's a bitch.:D

I have a new hero. YAY!

A blogger upset with a New York newspaper’s decision to publish an interactive map of local gun permit holders has returned the favor by posting the names and addresses of nearly every employee at the publication.

Blogger Christopher Fountain on For What It’s Worth published names, home address and email contact information for Journal News editor Cyndee Royle, publisher Janet Hasson and reporter Dwight Worley, who wrote an article on Sunday to accompany the map that led to widespread criticism aimed at the Lower Hudson Valley newspaper.

"Miss Royle’s married name is Lambert,” Fountain wrote. “She lives in White Plains and here is her Facebook page complete with pictures of her and her kids. Hello Sanctimony.”

Fountain also displayed contact information for Robert Rodriguez, the “visual editor” responsible for the map itself, as well as many other employees.

Here's something I'm sure the morons at the newspaper who published the gun permit database didn't even consider, in their zeal to target law abiding citizens who held permits.

What assholes. I hope they love having their names and addresses all over the internet.
After all what's good for the goose and all.

Fountain said he has since received emails from “abused women” who were under protective order.

“They’re terribly afraid that now their names and addresses are all over the Internet and accessible through that map,” he told CNN.

Blogger publishes names, address of newspaper staff after gun-permit database | Fox News

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:
Don't get mad, get even. :thup:

Looks like I hit a nerve ... oops. You may go right on with your hysterical running around screeching about the sky falling.

:lol:

Looks like I hit a nerve ... oops. You may go right on with your hysterical running around screeching about the sky falling.

:lol:
A lot of women I know get guns because they have split from an abuser and/or stalker.

Real responsible journalism, there.

Fuck 'em.

It certainly is. Which is precisely why many people are opposed to a requirement to register their guns. Because then it becomes public information.

It's still a violation of privacy. Why make it so that any hack with an agenda can access said records and publish it for all to see?

He published her facebook page??? That's his big reveal?

LOLOL, what a coup!

Didn't you read the article? Far more than a Facebook page was put out there.

Here's another.

Blogger publishes New York newspaper employees' names and addresses in retaliation against paper's decision to publish map of gun permit holders | Mail Online

Blogger Christopher Fountain, who primarily covers real estate news on his blog, 'For What It's Worth,' published the names, home addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, Facebook pages and twitter handles of nearly every Journal News employee on Wednesday.

Like this:

**Michael J Risinit**
Reporter
The Journal News/LoHud.com
42 Robinson Lane
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
(845) 454-2278
Work Phone:
Work Email:
Twitter: @mikerisinit
FB: facebook.com/michael.risinit/info
LinkedIN:
Image File:

Mike Risinit covers politics, the environment and other issues touching on northern Westchester. He has been a reporter at The Journal News since 1998.

**Robert F. Rodriguez**
Visual Editor
420 Riverside Dr, Apt 7A
New York, NY 10025-7748
(212) 222-4566
Work Phone:
Work Email:
Twitter:
FB:
LinkedIN:
Image File:

Marcela Rojas
Reporter for Somers, Ossining and Peekskill
Home Address:
Home Phone:
Work Phone:
Work Email:
Twitter: @MRO3
FB:
LinkedIN:
Image File:

Ben Rubin
Reporter
Home Address:
Home Phone:
Work Phone:
Work Email: [email protected]
Twitter:
FB:
LinkedIN:
Image File: http://www.lohudblogs.com/mugs/brubin.jpg

Ben Rubin is the White Plains City Hall and schools reporter. He was previously the Rockland office mobile journalist and Orangetown reporter, and has covered Rockland higher education and West Point for The Journal News. Before coming to TJN, he worked as a reporter at the Journal Inquirer in Manchester, Conn., and the North Adams Transcript in North Adams, Mass. He was born and raised in Wynnewood, Pa., a Philadelphia suburb, and graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in English writing: nonfiction and political science.

And then some one else made an interactive map showing where they all live.

Map: Where are the Journal News employees in your neighborhood? | Talk of the Sound

Forum List

Back