Blind Faith in Obama

You name it, economy, jobs, national debt, foreign policy et all., all headed in the wrong direction since the Democratic party took over Congress in 2007 and Obama took over the Presidency in 2009. Yet Democrats still hold out hope for positive change, I just can't figure out why..? What is making them so hopeful? I mean, I'd like to be hopeful that all this is going to turn around but logically, I just don't see how. What's the secret?

We don't watch Fox News?
NO sane-person needs THAT-much fantasy, in their Life!!!!!

:eusa_hand:

Yawn.... time to wake up and go to work...so I can pay my taxes, so they can be wasted but that's patriotic according to Joe Biden.. so.. I feel real good about it..

Last edited:
You name it, economy, jobs, national debt, foreign policy et all., all headed in the wrong direction since the Democratic party took over Congress in 2007 and Obama took over the Presidency in 2009. Yet Democrats still hold out hope for positive change, I just can't figure out why..? What is making them so hopeful? I mean, I'd like to be hopeful that all this is going to turn around but logically, I just don't see how. What's the secret?

Unfortunately for your premise, everything you list except national debt has NOT headed in the wrong direction since Obama became president, and the national debt has been going in the wrong direction for 40 years.

So do I believe there's still hope but my hope is wrapped up in disillusionment at the present. I'm trying to understand why there's this blind faith that's things are going to turn around under this present situation.

Well, my answer to that is simple... it always does and it will again.

The economy is bound to recover and the odds are good that it will be during the Obama Presidency. Therefore, I can guarantee you that we will be hearing the left bragging about Obama having saved the nation. Count on it.

However, the simple fact of the matter is that things always do bottom out and then improve. The next technological breakthrough that will spur a recovery is just a heartbeat away.

Immie

Wake up dude!! I think you're dreaming.

We pulled out of the Great Depression, didn't we?

And, believe me, the Lord is going to make me do penance, by forcing me to read all the "Obama IS the messiah" posts and "We need to make Obama President for Life" threads that are bound to be spurred by that.

I can feel it in my bones. :lol:

Immie

You name it, economy, jobs, national debt, foreign policy et all., all headed in the wrong direction since the Democratic party took over Congress in 2007 and Obama took over the Presidency in 2009. Yet Democrats still hold out hope for positive change, I just can't figure out why..? What is making them so hopeful? I mean, I like to be hopeful that all this is going to turn around but logically, I just don't see how. What's the secret?

George W. Bush and the GOP controlled Congress....

Well.. Bush brought us out of the Clinton recession.....
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......

His Mommy & Daddy must have financed that, huh?? :rolleyes:

529.gif

You "conservatives" make this TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY!!!!

The economy is bound to recover and the odds are good that it will be during the Obama Presidency. Therefore, I can guarantee you that we will be hearing the left bragging about Obama having saved the nation. Count on it.

However, the simple fact of the matter is that things always do bottom out and then improve. The next technological breakthrough that will spur a recovery is just a heartbeat away.

Immie

Hope sure beats fearmongering. At least in my book.

Look at the facts, Obama's attempt to shut down deep sea drilling, is a job killer, cap and trade another job killer, now explain to me what Obama is doing to help the economy. And please be specific.

Immie

And, believe me, the Lord is going to make me do penance, by forcing me to read all the "Obama IS the messiah" posts and "We need to make Obama President for Life" threads that are bound to be spurred by that.

Immie

We were not in a depression.

Look at the facts, Obama's attempt to shut down deep sea drilling, is a job killer, cap and trade another job killer, now explain to me what Obama is doing to help the economy. And please be specific.

No. BP's oil leak is a job killer. Cap and trade is not in effect and hasn't killed any jobs. Obama is pushing green energy and jobs. Obama and the Democrat led Congress just recently passed a jobs bill as well as a small business lending intiative.

George W. Bush and the GOP controlled Congress....

That seems to be your answer for every criticism. At what point will the Obamabots take responsibility for their man's actions or lack thereof?

It's the ol' "It's not my fault, my dog ate my homework" excuse. Nothing but avoidance and distraction. When it comes to the lack of personal responsibility in this country the dems are kings of the game.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYPRQWrS3BQ&feature=related]YouTube - Scott Ritter - Former Weapons Inspector in Iraq Reveals the Lies[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyzqPgaJdUs&feature=related]YouTube - Scott Ritter on McCain's role in Iraq war[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

The same Scott Ritter that keeps getting arrested on child-sex charges?

yeah... there's a credible source for you Sheman.

Lumpy, I feel bad for you. You asked an honest, valid question, fairly, with no name calling or mean spirited remarks. And it's a very good, valid question. But you were only given the typical liberal drool of an answer from the left wingers on here. Thats what you get for trying to have an honest debate with left wingers who suffer from the mental disorder of liberalism.

SO......I'll answer the question on their behalf for you.

They still support him because they have so much invested emotionally in him and the left wing cause. See, the modern progressive doesn't place much faith in the things that we Americans traditionally did: God, the nuclear family, patriotism, honest work, etc.

They place faith in left wing "causes". Thats why they wanted God out of schools, and the traditional family model to come apart. Because as tribal animals, we humans need a cause to be passionate about. The causes the left wing gripped to became global warming, social justice, and a whole host of feel good liberal causes.

Obama and the left wing represent all those things. A black president and massive welfare and healthcare for social justice. A huge wealth redistribution scheme disguised as global warming. They watched and bowed to Al Gore's movie. They preached to us the ills of our American ways.

Now, the left wing utopia is crumbling. First in Greece and Europe. Well, really, first in East Germany and the USSR, but then on to Greece, Europe, and coming soon the collapse of California, Illinois, NY, NJ. But no fear, the other 45 states will bail out the 5 far left bankrupt ones.

But anyhow, much like a hurt, scorned girlfriend who found out her boyfriend has been cheating and lying to her, the progressives are in shock and denial. They have so much emotion and self-worth tied into the left wing cause, that the thought of that falling apart leaves them with nothing but personal and emotional isolation.

So there you go. Where many of us find faith, belief, comfort and loyalty to our religion and family, the left wingers often find that in social justice and environmentalism. Imagine your family and church falling apart. It would be a very long time before allegiance to either would go away. Same for a progressive with far left politicians and their policies.

Immie

I am after reading VaYank5150's posts. Is that the best our public education system is producing these days?

No. BP's oil leak is a job killer. Cap and trade is not in effect and hasn't killed any jobs. Obama is pushing green energy and jobs. Obama and the Democrat led Congress just recently passed a jobs bill as well as a small business lending intiative.

How can something that's not in effect be blamed for killing jobs? The oil leak hasn't killed one job... Obama's knee-jerk reaction of using it to further his gullible warming agenda IS killing jobs.

How's that jobs bill working? Yep... 40+ million unemployed.

Immie

I am after reading VaYank5150's posts. Is that the best our public education system is producing these days?

VAWank is an A-List dufus.

As long as you have a breath to breathe, there is always hope.

It doesn't matter which party brings about the change. We can and should hold out hope for a better America and I believe there is yet hope.

Immie

So do I believe there's still hope but my hope is wrapped up in disillusionment at the present. I'm trying to understand why there's this blind faith that things are going to turn around under this present situation.
That's what Dems have done, BEST.....cleanin'-up after BUSH economic-debacles.

:rolleyes:

Lumpy, I feel bad for you. You asked an honest, valid question, fairly, with no name calling or mean spirited remarks. And it's a very good, valid question. But you were only given the typical liberal drool of an answer from the left wingers on here. Thats what you get for trying to have an honest debate with left wingers who suffer from the mental disorder of liberalism.

SO......I'll answer the question on their behalf for you.

They still support him because they have so much invested emotionally in him and the left wing cause. See, the modern progressive doesn't place much faith in the things that we Americans traditionally did: God, the nuclear family, patriotism, honest work, etc.

They place faith in left wing "causes". Thats why they wanted God out of schools, and the traditional family model to come apart. Because as tribal animals, we humans need a cause to be passionate about. The causes the left wing gripped to became global warming, social justice, and a whole host of feel good liberal causes.

Obama and the left wing represent all those things. A black president and massive welfare and healthcare for social justice. A huge wealth redistribution scheme disguised as global warming. They watched and bowed to Al Gore's movie. They preached to us the ills of our American ways.

Now, the left wing utopia is crumbling. First in Greece and Europe. Well, really, first in East Germany and the USSR, but then on to Greece, Europe, and coming soon the collapse of California, Illinois, NY, NJ. But no fear, the other 45 states will bail out the 5 far left bankrupt ones.

But anyhow, much like a hurt, scorned girlfriend who found out her boyfriend has been cheating and lying to her, the progressives are in shock and denial. They have so much emotion and self-worth tied into the left wing cause, that the thought of that falling apart leaves them with nothing but personal and emotional isolation.

So there you go. Where many of us find faith, belief, comfort and loyalty to our religion and family, the left wingers often find that in social justice and environmentalism. Imagine your family and church falling apart. It would be a very long time before allegiance to either would go away. Same for a progressive with far left politicians.

Liberals sat around for 8 years contemplating why conservatives wouldn't give up on Bush. It boggled their minds. Many did eventually give up on him. You'd think the left would wake up faster than the right did. Fortunately there were so many in the middle who voted for Obama, and they are already snapping out of it.

As long as you have a breath to breathe, there is always hope.

It doesn't matter which party brings about the change. We can and should hold out hope for a better America and I believe there is yet hope.

Immie

So do I believe there's still hope but my hope is wrapped up in disillusionment at the present. I'm trying to understand why there's this blind faith that's things are going to turn around under this present situation.

Immie

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Immie

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

You know Bill Clinton didn't pass any of those rates. Presidents don't pass laws. He simply didn't veto them. A Republican controlled Congress ushered in that success. Clinton was a smart politican, however, and wisely didn't veto it. For that, of course, he gets credit as it was under his watch.

Forum List

Back