Blind Faith in Obama

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
You name it, economy, jobs, national debt, foreign policy et all., all headed in the wrong direction since the Democratic party took over Congress in 2007 and Obama took over the Presidency in 2009. Yet Democrats still hold out hope for positive change, I just can't figure out why..? What is making them so hopeful? I mean, I'd like to be hopeful that all this is going to turn around but logically, I just don't see how. What's the secret?

Last edited:
You name it, economy, jobs, national debt, foreign policy et all., all headed in the wrong direction since the Democratic party took over Congress in 2007 and Obama took over the Presidency in 2009. Yet Democrats still hold out hope for positive change, I just can't figure out why..? What is making them so hopeful? I mean, I like to be hopeful that all this is going to turn around but logically, I just don't see how. What's the secret?

George W. Bush and the GOP controlled Congress....

You name it, economy, jobs, national debt, foreign policy et all., all headed in the wrong direction since the Democratic party took over Congress in 2007 and Obama took over the Presidency in 2009. Yet Democrats still hold out hope for positive change, I just can't figure out why..? What is making them so hopeful? I mean, I like to be hopeful that all this is going to turn around but logically, I just don't see how. What's the secret?

That seems to be your answer for every criticism. At what point will the Obamabots take responsibility for their man's actions or lack thereof?

You name it, economy, jobs, national debt, foreign policy et all., all headed in the wrong direction since the Democratic party took over Congress in 2007 and Obama took over the Presidency in 2009. Yet Democrats still hold out hope for positive change, I just can't figure out why..? What is making them so hopeful? I mean, I'd like to be hopeful that all this is going to turn around but logically, I just don't see how. What's the secret?

That seems to be your answer for every criticism. At what point will the Obamabots take responsibility for their man's actions or lack thereof?

Slow down there, Skippy....I am simply pointing out the very honest and real reasons why people WANTED and continue to WANT to believe in Obama. McCain and Palin basically ran on a platform to continue Bush's policies. Many people voted against Bush and the GOP policies. That is fact.

Because partisans are like that.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, they heel to the PARTY line.

We don't watch Fox News?

Well.. Bush brought us out of the Clinton recession, got us through 9/11 , he did start the Iraqi and Afghanistan war with the American people and Democratic Party support.

I would agree Republicans spent their way out of control of the Congress and the Presidency but in comparison things are a hell of a lot worse now. In comparison Bush was far superior to the road we're on now and yet Democrats keep the faith in Obama... what gives?

Well.. Bush brought us out of the Clinton recession, got us through 9/11 , he did start the Iraqi and Afghanistan war with the American people and Democratic Party support.

I would agree Republicans spent their way out of control of the Congress and the Presidency but in comparison things are a hell of a lot worse now. In comparison Bush was far superior to the road we're on now and yet Democrats keep the faith in Obama... what gives?

We remember Bush and Cheney. Brrr.

As long as you have a breath to breathe, there is always hope.

It doesn't matter which party brings about the change. We can and should hold out hope for a better America and I believe there is yet hope.

Immie

....AND, Lil' Dumbya's CREDIT-CARD BALANCE....right??

bush_republicard.jpg

(What....you really expected his Mommy & Daddy to pick-up-the-tab....like they U$ED-to....after they signed-over babysitting-duties, to US?? :eek: )​

We remember Bush and Cheney. Brrr.

If that's the best you can do.. why bother?

Slow down there, Skippy....I am simply pointing out the very honest and real reasons why people WANTED and continue to WANT to believe in Obama. McCain and Palin basically ran on a platform to continue Bush's policies. Many people voted against Bush and the GOP policies. That is fact.
.....For GOOD-REASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the ol' "It's not my fault, my dog ate my homework" excuse. Nothing but avoidance and distraction. When it comes to the lack of personal responsibility in this country the dems are kings of the game.

Because partisans are like that.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, they heel to the PARTY line.
There's a LOT-o'-that goin'-around......

a_wgop_0518.jpg

"<sniff><sniff> I SAID NO!!!!!!!!"

It doesn't matter which party brings about the change. We can and should hold out hope for a better America and I believe there is yet hope.

Immie

So do I believe there's still hope but my hope is wrapped up in disillusionment at the present. I'm trying to understand why there's this blind faith that things are going to turn around under this present situation.

Last edited:

Immie

So do I believe there's still hope but my hope is wrapped up in disillusionment at the present. I'm trying to understand why there's this blind faith that's things are going to turn around under this present situation.

Well, my answer to that is simple... it always does and it will again.

The economy is bound to recover and the odds are good that it will be during the Obama Presidency. Therefore, I can guarantee you that we will be hearing the left bragging about Obama having saved the nation. Count on it.

However, the simple fact of the matter is that things always do bottom out and then improve. The next technological breakthrough that will spur a recovery is just a heartbeat away.

Immie

We don't watch Fox News?
NO sane-person needs THAT-much fantasy, in their Life!!!!!

:eusa_hand:

Immie

So do I believe there's still hope but my hope is wrapped up in disillusionment at the present. I'm trying to understand why there's this blind faith that's things are going to turn around under this present situation.

The economy is bound to recover and the odds are good that it will be during the Obama Presidency. Therefore, I can guarantee you that we will be hearing the left bragging about Obama having saved the nation. Count on it.

However, the simple fact of the matter is that things always do bottom out and then improve. The next technological breakthrough that will spur a recovery is just a heartbeat away.

Immie

Wake up dude!! I think you're dreaming.

Immie

Wake up dude!! I think you're dreaming.

Hope sure beats fearmongering. At least in my book.

Forum List

Back