Blast in Gaza kills 7 Hamas blames Israel

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by dread, Jun 12, 2008.

1. dread

dread Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    BEIT LAHIYA, Gaza Strip - An explosion flattened a house in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, killing seven people. After blaming Israel and unleashing a barrage of rockets and mortars, Hamas suggested the blast was accidental, not an Israeli attack.

The statement was taken as a Hamas acknowledgment that the blast was probably accidental, not an Israeli attack. Dozens of militants have been killed while handing explosives in recent years.

The blast shook the town of Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza, about a mile from the Israeli border.

Ambulances rushed to the scene, and residents of nearby homes brought shovels and bulldozers to help dig people out. Three people covered in blood were carried out on stretchers and hurried into ambulances that sped them away to a hospital.

Hamas said seven people were killed, including a 4-month-old girl and a senior aide to the Hamas interior minister. Several bodies were removed from the rubble. Among the dead were five militants, Hamas said.

Israeli envoy returns without Gaza truce deal - Yahoo! News

I am sure the terrorist apologistas will claim it an Israel conspiracy somehow.

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I seem to be somehow lacking completely in any sympathy for them.

3. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    49 virgins will be busy tonight.....you know they could have done it on purpose....

4. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    tsk, tsk, tsk...

And they still wonder why enraged arabs turn thousands of american workers into ground meat from time to time...

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I wonder how many of my fellow Americans, those of us who cannot even begin to understand the Palestinain position, and have no sympathy for those Palestinians who are still fighting for their homeland, if you all would roll over and play dead if your nation had been invaded, your families stripped of their rights and their property, your futures and those of your children were destroyed?

What would you do, if that was your history? What would you do if your every day life was to be disenfranchised and treated as prisoners, shoved into slums and camps, and systematically starved into submission by the invaders, chums?

Would you all give up, roll over and watch your children die?

I ask the above questions because that is what some of you seem to expect from the Palestinian people, you know.

You expect them to just give up and accept that they are beaten.

Ain't gonna happen, you know.

Arabs have been repelling Europe invaders since the crusades, and besides, they have no place to go.

Even cornered rats fight back when they have no choice, folks.

6. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +360
    What a brave american you are, editec.

The world desperately needs americans, jews and palestinians like you.

Courageous people who are not afraid to say no to the dehumanisation from all sides of the conflict and reafirm the FULL HUMANITY of jews and palestinians alike.

Brave americans, jews and paletinians who insist on ethical consistency and strongly assert the right of the jewish and palestinian people to share their common homeland in a unitary, democratic and secular state.

Presenting the war on terrorism as a conflict between the West and the Muslim world is a gross misrepresentation of the conflict.

It is in fact a struggle between those who believe in democracy, secularism and racial equality (westerners, jews, arabs, asians, etc...) against all the values Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iran stand for: authoritarianism, theocracy and ethnic supremacism.

The peaceful dismantlement of Israel and the democratisation of Palestine would bring a tremendous amount of goodwill towards and United States and the West in general.

It would undoubtedly help defeat islamic fundamentalism, undermine all the dictatorships in the Middle East and give a huge boost to democracy in that region.

7. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    I do not recall Americans blowing up women and children in the revolutionary war, the war of 1812 or even the Civil War, perhaps you could enlighten me on when those acts occurred during those wars?

Fighting an occupier or enemy does NOT give you the right to murder their children and families. That you two think it does speaks volumes for your lack of compassion and caring.

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    It takes no courage to recognize that both the Palestinians and the Israelis are screwed until they find a way to live together, Jose.

It merely takes a recognition of the long and sad history of that land.

While I believe that the existence of Israel as a colony for Euopean Jewery was a collosal mistake, I also recognize that NOW, the Israelis have no place to go, just as the Palestinians they displaced still have no place to go.

But when you've still got millions of people crammed into camps, or crammed into the most densely populated land on earth, when you take people's houses destroy their ability to make a living and treat them like animinals, one can hardly be surrpised when they fight back with whatever means at their disposal.

Until the Israeli Jews acknowledge that they were interlopers, and until they pay the Palestinians for their past transgressions and land theft, and until the Palestinians have some truly viable means to survive on whatever share the land they are allowed to take back, this insanity will go on.

We can bitch and whine about how the Palestinians kill innocents and I'll agree with that complaint completely. It's disgusting and vile.

But unless the West is willing to acknowledge that the Israeli have killed far more innocent Palestinians, either overtly with bombs and modern weapons that we gave them, or coverty by economic warfare, then there is really no hope whatever that this mess is ever going to be resolved peacefully.

Eventually, if this continues, some Palestinian or Palestinian sympathizer is going to get their hands of some weapon of mass destruction and they are going to take out Tel Aviv

When they do, them everybody is going to lose in Israel and Palestine, and possibly the whole damned world if it escalates beyond those borders.

Those people won't give up because we offer them no real reason TO give up.

Desperate people are prone to taking desperate chances when they've got nothing to lose.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Fighting to take over somebody's land does NOT give you the right to murder their children and families either, gunny, yet that is exactly what is being done every day to the Palestinians.

Are you denying that the Isrealis have been murdering Palestinian women and children either as collatoral damage or more cruelly (but more effectively) by economic warfare?

I mean are you really denying that the Palestinians have been killed at rates ten times that of the Israelis?

Not that the death of any innocents of either side is justified, but for goodness sakes, man, don't let your prejudice for the Israli position cloud your judgement.

10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    As a matter of fact I DO DENY your spurious claim.