Blagojevich defends actions in interview

...he is saying he did lots of wonderful things so no one should care that he broke the law.

Yeah, this I actually agree with, he is slime.

But he is not above the law, because he is going to be tried and found guilty.

The sad truth is, Democrats do NOT hold their own to the same standard they hold Republicans, while Republicans will crucify one of their own the second an allegation is made and it doesn't even have to be an allegation with merit.

However, in this particular case, it seems EVERYONE, to include the Democrats wantthis guy gone. I would too. He's an embarrassment and political liability.

He should have the grace and wisdom to step down. Since he will not, he is going to get crucified.

I agree with the last bit. I agree with a lot of what you say -

But. I think it is that republicans campaign on traditional family values yet are regularly guilty of sex 'stuff.' Democrats didn't care about Clinton's sex thing, because democrats are generally not as uptight about sex. They don't run on traditional family values, and everyone knows they like to party. :D

But if republicans want the 'family values' badge and if they are going to define it as 'traditional' (no sex outside marriage, man+woman, etc) the the democrats have a right to call them hypocrites when they are as sexually sleazy as the lowest common societal denominator.

I agree with the last bit. I agree with a lot of what you say -

But. I think it is that republicans campaign on traditional family values yet are regularly guilty of sex 'stuff.' Democrats didn't care about Clinton's sex thing, because democrats are generally not as uptight about sex. They don't run on traditional family values, and everyone knows they like to party. :D

But if republicans want the 'family values' badge and if they are going to define it as 'traditional' (no sex outside marriage, man+woman, etc) the the democrats have a right to call them hypocrites when they are as sexually sleazy as the lowest common societal denominator.

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to marriage. If you take the vows, honor them or divorce. There is no gray area for me. Adultry is wrong, period. However, in regard to what Clinton did or anyone for that matter who commits adultery, it's not my place to correct them.

But, with Clinton I have one real problem with it, most likely some of the encounters took place throughout the work day and clearly in the work place. I would fire any employee for that and I know many who would. That is the problem I had with Clinton and his sex acts. Other than that, I could careless how he gets his kicks.

Forum List

Back