Complaint: Not Enough Blacks in Obama Cabinet

But "the system" does not consider the Congressional Black Caucus or any of its members to be "wingnuts." They're squarely inside respectable opinion. In order to be a "wingnut," you have to be white!

"Complaint: Not Enough Blacks in Obama Cabinet"

LOL oh man, what a headline!

What bull shit!

Hmmm ........... Since Obama is half black, then he counts as five token blacks!

There it's solved.

Black, white, green, purple, let the guy pick his team based on what is important to him and let us judge them on their past achievements and their future endeavors.

This is ridiculous! Obama has a plate full, important issues!

:clap2:
"Complaint: Not Enough Blacks in Obama Cabinet"

LOL oh man, what a headline!

What bull shit!

Hmmm ........... Since Obama is half black, then he counts as five token blacks!

There it's solved.

Black, white, green, purple, let the guy pick his team based on what is important to him and let us judge them on their past achievements and their future endeavors.

This is ridiculous! Obama has a plate full, important issues!
:clap2:

And lets not forget Hillary, she is the wife of our first Black president, so that should count for something!

Democracy rests on constituents demanding representation, I would guess there are other headlines elsewhere demanding more representation for other groups (greens, republicans, whatever....)

-I think it's important for the country, for people to speak up.

Old Rocks, when shit like this comes up is when the people should speak and tell Washington, stop the bull shit and get busy. All of them!

Well frankly it is childish for the black caucus to even bring this up or make such claims. So it's on them and no one else, they own this one!

Well frankly it is childish for the black caucus to even bring this up or make such claims. So it's on them and no one else, they own this one!

Women are complaining:

Why some women's groups are miffed at Obama - CNN.com

Are they childish?

Pretty sure I could find similar headlines for republicans, greens, hispanics - I have heard all of these millings about in the news cycle as the cabinet has been rolled out.

Are republicans childish? Hispanics? Greens?

Women are complaining:

Why some women's groups are miffed at Obama - CNN.com

Are they childish?

Pretty sure I could find similar headlines for republicans, greens, hispanics - I have heard all of these millings about in the news cycle as the cabinet has been rolled out.

Are republicans childish? Hispanics? Greens?
republicans have expected to be included in a democrat administration?

i must have missed that one

republicans have expected to be included in a democrat administration?

i must have missed that one

There is some such sentiment out there:

Obama's Cabinet: Not Much Yet for the GOP
— John Martin

I'm still not jumping to conclusions, but these positions are going fast. Barack the Uniter is going to get a big strike against him if he doesn't fill any of the remaining slots with a Republican. That's not a threat, just a promise from a supporter. Personally, I see these appointments as largely symbolic, but the symbolism is going to be important if Obama still wants a different kind of presidency.

Keeping Bob Gates is good, but having him as our party's only representative in a cabinet-level position would still leave Obama open to a lot of criticism. It's almost as if Barack has to keep Gates; after un-doing Rumsfeld's years of missteps, it wouldn't seem to make sense for him to be rotated out with an unknown quantity right now.

The good news (for Republicans and conservatives) is that Obama's choices have overall been pretty solid and centrist up to this point. Someone like Robert Kennedy Jr. might be put at EPA, but Orszag, Cleland and Emanuel aren't exactly flaming liberals.

Obama's Cabinet: Not Much Yet for the GOP | Republicans for Obama

Forum List

Back