Blaggo gets sentenced to 14 years/has to turn himself in in Feb

Ill-noise has a long history of thug politicians on both sides of the aisle. May Blago's sorry ass rot in jail for a long time.

Blaggo said how sorry he was to have done this....
So sorry he was on all the late nite shows laughing it up
after the trial....

Good deal he got 14...he deserves every minute of it.
I wonder if he will have to turn his wig in when he reports.
If real he will not have the benefit of a hair stylist on call 24/7...

If the Republicans want Blago to serve some good years, they should relax and let Obama get an easy win. Then he won't be pressured to let Blago off the hook during his next 4 years.
However, if you guys somehow manage to defeat Obama next year, then Blago skates...as there'll be nothing to lose.

Your call guys. :D

So you admit that Obama is a corrupt man?

I wasn't expecting you to admit that.

Will Obama pardon him?

Ps. I don't have a link. I'm at Red Lobster on my phone. Was sitting at the bar having lunch and seen it on Fox News.

I'm absolutely thrilled as an Illinois resident, but sadly Obama will probably pardon him and progressives will defend it 100%.

I hope they get Jessie Jackson Jr. next.

What has Jessie Jackson Jr done to warrant jail?

This is what happens to those who don't play ball in Chicago. He was ordered to appoint one of Obama's cronies and he refused. Now look at him? He should probably feel lucky he's still alive. He disobeyed the powers that be in the Democratic Party and that could have been lethal for him. But he's still gonna have to pay a huge price. That's a lot of time. God help him.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Ryan only got six years, and kids burned to death because of his corruption.

Blago got 14 years for essentially talking smack. Fitzgerald shut the thing down before he could actually commit the crime of selling Obama's seat. (Probably because he didn't want to have to go after Obama for doing a payoff.) No one was actually hurt by Blago's actions.

Removing him from office was adequate punishment.

Unless you accept the theory that because Ryan didn't get enough time, they had to make an example out of this guy.

Blagojevich gets 14 years.......

..........because the federal judicial system is corrupt to its core and the populace is zombified

Blagojevich Convicted, But Was He Really Guilty?

by Harvey Silverglate

Forbes

The conviction of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich represents a courtroom victory for United States Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald after a series of defeats, but to get this win, Fitzgerald had to convince a jury that sharp-elbowed politics is something for which a man should spend time in prison."

I agree. its excessive, he got what 4 times what anyone before him who committed similar offenses

I will say Blago didn't help himself. The Feds place a premium on remorse.

And he should be remorseful because.......?

Blagojevich gets 14 years.......

..........because the federal judicial system is corrupt to its core and the populace is zombified

Blagojevich Convicted, But Was He Really Guilty?

by Harvey Silverglate

Forbes

The conviction of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich represents a courtroom victory for United States Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald after a series of defeats, but to get this win, Fitzgerald had to convince a jury that sharp-elbowed politics is something for which a man should spend time in prison."

I agree. its excessive, he got what 4 times what anyone before him who committed similar offenses

I will say Blago didn't help himself. The Feds place a premium on remorse.

The Fed's place a Premium on Bowing Down and Kissing the God Fathers ring.
Blago neither knew when to shut up or take the hit, for the team. That is unforgivable in Illinois Politics. .

Forum List

Back