Blaggo gets sentenced to 14 years/has to turn himself in in Feb

Will Obama pardon him?

Ps. I don't have a link. I'm at Red Lobster on my phone. Was sitting at the bar having lunch and seen it on Fox News.

Chicago style politics and corruption just got hung out to dry. About time--just too bad we have a sitting President who came from this corruption--and probably learned very well from it--:badgrin:

Personally I think 14 years is way over the top considering rapists, murderers, child molesters, drug peddlers and the like all get less many times. Like some have said the loss of his career and a few years of his children not having a father is enough as far as I'm concerned. Blago is no threat to anyone in our society.

If Obama cuts his sentence to 5 years I won't gripe.

I'm going to miss Blago.

He was a good old-fashioned corrupt POL.

But he was never convicted of taking any money, was he?

All that investigation and they never proved that Blago made a dime by bribery, did they?

Well perhaps now he'll have time to write that book about his political career.

I know damned well I'll buy it.

Last edited:
14 years is an absurd sentence.

Or they are trying to make an example out of him.

Here's the thing, George Ryan was involved in an even bigger scandal. He sold licences for contributions, and as a result, an unqualified truck driver got a CDL and killed a family. But after all the haggling and legal trickery, he only got six years.

I think that what Judge Zagel (sp?) was trying to get across that if Ryan getting six years didn't sink in with Blago, maybe Blago getting 14 years will sink in with Quinn and everyone who follows.

Will Obama pardon him?

Ps. I don't have a link. I'm at Red Lobster on my phone. Was sitting at the bar having lunch and seen it on Fox News.

Chicago style politics and corruption just got hung out to dry. About time--just too bad we have a sitting President who came from this corruption--and probably learned very well from it--:badgrin:

Probably??????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back