Black Student Fights Teacher Over Cellphone

1. It won't take 10-15 years

2. I have been hit, bitten, kicked, pushed, spit on and had things thrown at me in my very good suburban district. What is behind this is the kids are traumatized, or they have special needs, so they can't help it. In some (SOME) cases this is true, but it doesn't make me any less assaulted. If these same kids assaulted anyone on the street, special needs or no, the person would press charges. We go to urgent care, are denied workman's comp, and then are chastised for bringing it to light.

I wish I were making this up.
:boo_hoo14:

I would retire if I were you.

My aunt taught in Newark, NJ more than 25 years ago, and the kids were out of control even then. Worse, she was the only white teacher in the school, and the other teachers excluded her. She would have to sit alone eating lunch. So she went from being abused during classroom hours to a lunch break where she was ostracized for her skin color.

My uncle begged her to retire early for years, and she finally did.

For years I thought "How am I to leave this?" because I truly do love teaching. But the way things are going it won't be as hard as I thought to leave, that's for sure.

Going on 30 years. Go on and bitch and moan some more. Better yet, just STFU and quit as you so obviously want to.

Well I don't have a teaching job where I'm at liberty to post multiple times during the teaching day. Maybe if I had that teaching job, I too would think it's all a bed of roses. I don't know. I've never been able to do that in all the 30 years I've taught.

Well I don't have a teaching job where I'm at liberty to post multiple times during the teaching day. Maybe if I had that teaching job, I too would think it's all a bed of roses. I don't know. I've never been able to do that in all the 30 years I've taught.
:boo_hoo14:

If you love teaching and don’t want to give it up - but are tired of dealing with the out-of-control kids - I have an idea: How about retiring (I’m guessing you are at the age you won’t sacrifice your pension), and signing up with one of those tutoring places? You would have one-on-one time with a kid, and in a place where order would be maintained.

This is what I did. It being increasingly difficult to deal with all the trappings of a regular job - the micro-managing and insecure boss, the back-stabbing co-workers, and in the last years, the leftist politics - so I left and went freelance in a related field, using my skills and experience. I did that for several years until I fully retired.

If you love teaching and don’t want to give it up - but are tired of dealing with the out-of-control kids - I have an idea: How about retiring (I’m guessing you are at the age you won’t sacrifice your pension), and signing up with one of those tutoring places? You would have one-on-one time with a kid, and in a place where order would be maintained.

This is what I did. It being increasingly difficult to deal with all the trappings of a regular job - the micro-managing and insecure boss, the back-stabbing co-workers, and in the last years, the leftist politics - so I left and went freelance in a related field, using my skills and experience. I did that for several years until I fully retired.

Yep that's what I'm looking into. I don't to stop working with children, actually. But maybe just in a different venue, just as you say.

Yep that's what I'm looking into. I don't to stop working with children, actually. But maybe just in a different venue, just as you say.
You could even start your OWN tutoring endeavor. With your credentials, you could begin circulating flyers or whatnot in your own area. Do you have a local online paper? Maybe advertise on there. Do you have a local community center, with activities for kids? Maybe advertise your services with them.

Forum List

Back