Black "pastor" arrested for crime of watering his neighbours garden

Last time I checked, trespassing is a crime.

It's trespassing when the owner of said property doesn't give permission to set foot on property. Generally speaking, the owner has to make it clear that someone isn't welcome on property. How did the cops determine that someone was trespassing? I mean evidence, not just suspicion.

It's trespassing when the owner of said property doesn't give permission to set foot on property. Generally speaking, the owner has to make it clear that someone isn't welcome on property. How did the cops determine that someone was trespassing? I mean evidence, not just suspicion.
He told them it wasn’t his property. That’s pretty clear. Beyond that, the bigot refused to comply.

He told them it wasn’t his property. That’s pretty clear. Beyond that, the bigot refused to comply.

Again you fucking moron, the cops needed evidence that he was on the premises against the wishes of the owner. Did the cops have that? Did they have evidence that he was committing a crime? No? Then grab a nice big cup of shut the fuck up and gulp it.

They have to have evidence he was committing a crime. He was an ass about it because he knows if he had been a white person and said "I'm watering my neighbor's plants," that would have been the end of the discussion and the cops would have driven off to the donut shop.

when I was about 12 and I lived in Los Angeles... I was on a Trip up in the bay area to visit an Uncle. he had a nice house in the hills, old wine country, I went for a hike up in an open space above his house and during my hike, under some brush and grass i found a stash of cuff links lapel pins and a bunch of other little things I cant remember. Apparently there was a retired airline pilot who had just recently had his house burglarized and whoever had broken in had left some of those things behind on the hillside.

To the point, I guess either my dad or my uncle called in that I had found the stuff and guess what? even though We were just up visiting for a couple days I got taken into the police station for questioning... just a bunch of random things, I had no idea at the time what or why I was there, I think I thought maybe they needed my help.. but I found out later that my dad was really pissed as they were viewing me as a suspect.
A little 12 year old white boy... who was just up visiting for a few days in a place he didnt even know... doesn't make much sense to me, but I suppose they just decided for whatever reason to go by the book. Sometimes it happens.
My dad was even an ex LA county Sheriff and they still took me down for questioning , despite him trying to explain otherwise.
You do realize if I was black it would be racism right? I was taken in for questioning because I was black, not because thats the way cops sometimes do things.

Because the law makes it clear citizens are given the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. He doesn't need the man's ID for the crime of watering his neighbors plants.

Doing your job doesn't include arresting people because you don't like that they refused to answer your questions.

Observe that nothing seems to be amiss other than one guy, presumably watering his neighbors yard and go about his day. If he's feeling like going above and beyond I'd even give him a pat on the back for finding out who the owner of the home is and calling them to inquire about their arrangement with the neighbor.
Presumption of innocence only applies in court.

The guy refused to show his ID. actually, why should police take the word of some guy that he is the neighbor from across the street? Cops were doing their job, i understand someone being upset over being stopped, but he needed to realize the police were trying to do their job. had he showed his ID, they could clearly see he lived across the street

The cops dont know who called dispatch... they got sent out on a call. what the fuck are they suppossed to do?
exactly

Again you fucking moron, the cops needed evidence that he was on the premises against the wishes of the owner. Did the cops have that? Did they have evidence that he was committing a crime? No? Then grab a nice big cup of shut the fuck up and gulp it.
A neighbor called the cops. He admitted it wasn’t his property. Doesn’t get much clearer than that.

when I was about 12 and I lived in Los Angeles... I was on a Trip up in the bay area to visit an Uncle. he had a nice house in the hills, old wine country, I went for a hike up in an open space above his house and during my hike, under some brush and grass i found a stash of cuff links lapel pins and a bunch of other little things I cant remember. Apparently there was a retired airline pilot who had just recently had his house burglarized and whoever had broken in had left some of those things behind on the hillside.

To the point, I guess either my dad or my uncle called in that I had found the stuff and guess what? even though We were just up visiting for a couple days I got taken into the police station for questioning... just a bunch of random things, I had no idea at the time what or why I was there, I think I thought maybe they needed my help.. but I found out later that my dad was really pissed as they were viewing me as a suspect.
A little 12 year old white boy... who was just up visiting for a few days in a place he didnt even know... doesn't make much sense to me, but I suppose they just decided for whatever reason to go by the book. Sometimes it happens.
My dad was even an ex LA county Sheriff and they still took me down for questioning , despite him trying to explain otherwise.
You do realize if I was black it would be racism right? I was taken in for questioning because I was black, not because thats the way cops sometimes do things.
you just said you were two different races>?

when I was about 12 and I lived in Los Angeles... I was on a Trip up in the bay area to visit an Uncle.

Okay, because you said "trip" and "Bay Area" in the same sentence, I gotta clarify, did this involve mushrooms?

he had a nice house in the hills, old wine country,

Okay, I like - so far.

To the point, I guess either my dad or my uncle called in that I had found the stuff and guess what? even though We were just up visiting for a couple days I got taken into the police station for questioning...

What do you mean you got "taken in"? Did place you under arrest?

just a bunch of random things, I had no idea at the time what or why I was there, I think I thought maybe they needed my help.. but I found out later that my dad was really pissed as they were viewing me as a suspect.

Your dad was right to be pissed.

Which book - the Bible? What?

Then your dad should have known to hire a fucking lawyer and said "Talk to the hand". My family is full of attorneys. I got one who's a criminal defense attorney and the other side of my family has prosecutors and judges. Don't fucking talk to cops without an attorney present - every one of them would say this. Sorry, but the black guy who was watering flowers is the smart one here. I'm white as a pearl, by the way, so if you thought you were gonna 'win the interwebz' by labeling me a ghetto thug, you lost, bruh.

You do realize if I was black it would be racism right?

I don't disagree with this at all. You're 100% correct.

I was taken in for questioning because I was black, not because thats the way cops sometimes do things.

You're not black.

Forum List

Back