Black man arrested for anti police hate crime

He was within his rights until, "the defendant said that when he got out of jail, the arresting officer was going to meet the same fate as the four Lakewood officers,”

I thought y'all didn't believe in hate speech.
I believe "hate speech" that incites others to violence is a crime. This man was calling the PO racist, etc but was not inciting others to violence because there was no one to hear his rant. But threatening the PO was over the top.

I believe "hate speech" that incites others to violence is a crime. This man was calling the PO racist, etc but was not inciting others to violence because there was no one to hear his rant. But threatening the PO was over the top.

M'kay. Is it your opinion that it should be a crime or not?

Hate Speech? Anything said that calls for violence (or possible injury) from the citizens should be a crime. It's akin to yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

Hate Speech? Anything said that calls for violence (or possible injury) from the citizens should be a crime. It's akin to yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

Duly noted.

Forum List

Back