CDZ Black Ice and the Left coast

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
with freeze warnings in LA and TX what is the probable effect on the Left coast, given the high pressure east of the Rockies? That sounds like it should cause massive cyclonic activity in the eastern Pacific and in the Sea of Cortez in particular. Given that hurricane resistance and earthquake resistance requires almost exactly opposite building codes what is the probable outcome?

with freeze warnings in LA and TX what is the probable effect on the Left coast, given the high pressure east of the Rockies? That sounds like it should cause massive cyclonic activity in the eastern Pacific and in the Sea of Cortez in particular. Given that hurricane resistance and earthquake resistance requires almost exactly opposite building codes what is the probable outcome?
Panic. Especially among Global Climate Alarmists. Shear, unhinged panic. Calls for, "We have to do something NOW!!!!" from SUV driving, private jet flying hypocrites like Al Gore.

On a more practical, meteorological level, I have either the expertise nor the inclination to guess.

Panic. Especially among Global Climate Alarmists. Shear, unhinged panic. Calls for, "We have to do something NOW!!!!" from SUV driving, private jet flying hypocrites like Al Gore.

On a more practical, meteorological level, I have either the expertise nor the inclination to guess.

Too many variables and unknowns for me too.

Are you talking about California being liberal? Darn near 2/3rds of the years since the party realignment of the hippie generation they've had a Republican governor if I recall. California right? The state of Republican governors?

if they ever get icing anywhere in Southern California; all the people that make fun of Southerners for their reaction to a little snow will REALLY have something to hoot & hollar about...

if they ever get icing anywhere in Southern California; all the people that make fun of Southerners for their reaction to a little snow will REALLY have something to hoot & hollar about...
True in theory but actually the gridlock kept the damage minor when it snowed there in the Reagan administration. That was a strange winter The Keys even had snow that year mostly melted before it reached the ground but at least some snow hit the ground. I think it was the aftermath of mt. St. Helen's eruption.

Forum List

Back