Black Holes Are About to Collide in Deep Space.

Three Black ho’s colliding?

That would be worth watching.

Yes; was expecting you.
I am a sucker for copy and pasted threads with zero OP commentary.

I did make a comment; about the light years. And was going to get onto more, as the thread flowed. Till you barged in with one of your priceless remarks.

You trouble maker.
Whenever I can.

When are you going to do your yogi bear impressions?
Not now. I’m butting out so that you can further explore this subject.

I’ll come back when the traffic has died down to dig deeper.

Scientists say they’re not quite sure what will happen.

three-supermassive-black-holes-collide-740x410.png

(TMU) — Black holes are thought to be the most powerful and mysterious objects in the universe, formed from the remnants of collapsed stars. Scientists believe that most galaxies host a supermassive black hole at their center and that when galaxies merge, two different black holes collide, unleashing incomprehensible energy.

This week scientists announced that for the very first time they will observe a collision between three supermassive black holes in deep space—and they’re not quite sure what will happen.

Three Supermassive Black Holes Are About to Collide

Well....there is one thing that is very predictable....it's gonna be one goddamned big Kaboomski....
Even a tiny black hole..... 10 miles in diameter....is hundreds of times heavier than the Sun.
The energy potential is beyond calculation.

JO
Or,they may simply merge without much n the way of fireworks at all.

I know, that's why they said "about to collide", huh, liar?
Right, because the authors of the article assumed nobody smart enough to understand the article would be stupid enough to think they meant that was happening now.

They were right.

I know, that's why they said "about to collide", huh, liar?
Right, because the authors of the article assumed nobody smart enough to understand the article would be stupid enough to think they meant that was happening now.

They were right.
You cockroaches must take stupid pills or something. The article clearly says "About to" that means now. I'm about to hit the post reply button.

(TMU) — Black holes are thought to be the most powerful and mysterious objects in the universe, formed from the remnants of collapsed stars. Scientists believe that most galaxies host a supermassive black hole at their center and that when galaxies merge, two different black holes collide, unleashing incomprehensible energy.

This week scientists announced that for the very first time they will observe a collision between three supermassive black holes in deep space—and they’re not quite sure what will happen.

Well....there is one thing that is very predictable....it's gonna be one goddamned big Kaboomski....
Even a tiny black hole..... 10 miles in diameter....is hundreds of times heavier than the Sun.

JO
Or,they may simply merge without much n the way of fireworks at all.
We'll have to wait a few million years to find out.

The strongest field will eat the other two. Pretty simple. 'Collide' was not a good choice of a word to use re black holes.

JO
These are three quasars ( post #21, toobfreak ) even more powerful than three black holes, I wonder the risks we run ? - are they too far? and when will the collision take place?

Thanks for sharing an awesome picture. every little powder-sized dot represents an orb the size of our sun or larger, depending on its distance in light years from here. Space is a huge mystery to me.

A billion light years! Can't get my head around that.
You got problems? I can't get my head around one light year, much less a billion. :dunno:
Some estimates put the edge of the Oort cloud more than a light year away from the Sun.

whose handlers joined forces to discover an unusual system of three galaxies merging a billion light-years from Earth.

We're just now seeing their light, they merged a Billion years ago.

So, every time we gaze out at the universe, we're looking at the past?

Precisely

The moon is still there though?

The theory about that is, is it there when we are not looking at at?

whose handlers joined forces to discover an unusual system of three galaxies merging a billion light-years from Earth.

We're just now seeing their light, they merged a Billion years ago.

So, every time we gaze out at the universe, we're looking at the past?

Precisely

The moon is still there though?

The theory about that is, is it there when we are not looking at at?

The Moon is 1.3 light seconds from Earth. So, our view of the Moon is 1.3 seconds in the past.

If the Moon were to inexplicably disappear, we wouldn't know about it for 1.3 seconds.

The scientist are wrong.....

As usual fools believe what they read

Forum List

Back