Black History Month

Dr. Carson is guilty of "acting white". He decided to leave the plantation.

What is "acting White"? What 'plantation' are you referring to? Are there still slaves working for free and out of fear of being whipped and tortured? A slave just couldn't "leave a plantation" without his White masters permission. If they were caught most of the time by White 'paddy rollers' they were bound, beaten, tortured, and returned to their masters to do manual labor. Where is this LITERALLY happening in the United States today?

People can take that insulting plantation reference they use against "the Blacks" and shove it up their asses.

There's a school of thought going around that keeping poor black people on government assistance is akin to them being on the "plantation". They won't go it on their own and have to rely on their "master" (.gov) for all of their needs.

You've never heard of black people being accused of "acting white" or being called an "uncle tom"? I doubt that very much.

Nobody really thinks, says, or implies that someone is literally on a plantation in the country today.

Well, if rush talked about him he must be an Uncle Tom, imo.
There's a big part of the problem right there. When any black man succeeds on his own, through hard work and self-reliance, he is considered an Uncle Tom by the left because he takes away their argument that they can't succeed without a handout from the government.

That's such a crock of shit. I have PLENTY of successful Black, left wing, democrat voting, lawyers, police, teachers, and small business owners. Only losers of any race have a problem with people who achieve success. It's when some of those Black guys sell their soul to the Devil is when they get a vapid response from other Black people. Here's an example of a statement from a sellout Uncle Tom (Jesse Lee Peterson), who makes inaccurate, blanket generalizations about Black people.

"One of the things that I would do is take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working," Peterson told The Huffington Post's Black Voices on Tuesday afternoon. "I'm going to put them all on the plantation. They need a good hard education on what it is to work."

People like Cain, West, and the asshole above make those stupid insults and blanket generalization to appease the white bigots in their party. They do it to serve as proxies for those bigots and they do it so they can have personal gain at the expense of insulting pretty much a whole race of people with inaccurate generalizations used by bigots.

Why won't people do some research? Most of this were invented by whites, east asians or somone else earlier. Not saying that blacks didn't invent. Let's give credit when it is due and be truthful.

Say what ever but at least I've spent time researching this subject.

That's great, why don't you illuminate people with some specific examples?

There's a big part of the problem right there. When any black man succeeds on his own, through hard work and self-reliance, he is considered an Uncle Tom by the left because he takes away their argument that they can't succeed without a handout from the government.

That's such a crock of shit. I have PLENTY of successful Black, left wing, democrat voting, lawyers, police, teachers, and small business owners. Only losers of any race have a problem with people who achieve success. It's when some of those Black guys sell their soul to the Devil is when they get a vapid response from other Black people. Here's an example of a statement from a sellout Uncle Tom (Jesse Lee Peterson), who makes inaccurate, blanket generalizations about Black people.

"One of the things that I would do is take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working," Peterson told The Huffington Post's Black Voices on Tuesday afternoon. "I'm going to put them all on the plantation. They need a good hard education on what it is to work."

People like Cain, West, and the asshole above make those stupid insults and blanket generalization to appease the white bigots in their party. They do it to serve as proxies for those bigots and they do it so they can have personal gain at the expense of insulting pretty much a whole race of people with inaccurate generalizations used by bigots.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mbKRvED41g]A message to the Black Militants: You're The Uncle Toms! - YouTube[/ame]

Dr. Carson is guilty of "acting white". He decided to leave the plantation.

What is "acting White"? What 'plantation' are you referring to? Are there still slaves working for free and out of fear of being whipped and tortured? A slave just couldn't "leave a plantation" without his White masters permission. If they were caught most of the time by White 'paddy rollers' they were bound, beaten, tortured, and returned to their masters to do manual labor. Where is this LITERALLY happening in the United States today?

People can take that insulting plantation reference they use against "the Blacks" and shove it up their asses.

There's a school of thought going around that keeping poor black people on government assistance is akin to them being on the "plantation". They won't go it on their own and have to rely on their "master" (.gov) for all of their needs.

You've never heard of black people being accused of "acting white" or being called an "uncle tom"? I doubt that very much.

Nobody really thinks, says, or implies that someone is literally on a plantation in the country today.

That's why it's an insulting analogy. The Blacks on the plantation supported the master's livelihood and family under the use of inhumane force. Black people aren't the only ones who are dependent on government, Black people aren't forced to go on government assistance. Why do some people like to define the majority of hard working Black people by a minority of non working Black people who are on government assistance? Think about it. :)

I've been accused of "acting White" before by SOME Black people. It happened when I was a young kid. Guess what; it was done by a VERY small MINORITY of Black people that I interacted with. You don't see me defining "the Blacks" as a whole by the actions of a minority of them.

I know that they don't think that they "literally think that someone is on a plantation". They just use that as another way of calling Black people who vote democrat *******. It's the PC way of doing it and done by people who are a piece of shit.

That's why it's an insulting analogy. The Blacks on the plantation supported the master's livelihood and family under the use of inhumane force. Black people aren't the only ones who are dependent on government, Black people aren't forced to go on government assistance. Why do some people like to define the majority of hard working Black people by a minority of non working Black people who are on government assistance? Think about it. :)

I've been accused of "acting White" before by SOME Black people. It happened when I was a young kid. Guess what; it was done by a VERY small MINORITY of Black people that I interacted with. You don't see me defining "the Blacks" as a whole by the actions of a minority of them.

I know that they don't think that they "literally think that someone is on a plantation". They just use that as another way of calling Black people who vote democrat *******. It's the PC way of doing it and done by people who are a piece of shit.

I can see your point on why it would be insulting.

Do you think it is ok for some black people to call Republican Blacks "Uncle Toms"? Or do you think that is insulting as well?

What do you think of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mbKRvED41g]A message to the Black Militants: You're The Uncle Toms! - YouTube[/ame]

I agree with much of what Mr. Steele said in that video. I would like to ask him the following:
What 'militants' is he referring to? The Black Panthers who were pretty proactive. The Black Muslims who were pretty proactive themselves? Or Martin Luther King Jr. who was in favor of government programs, reparations, and racial hiring quotas?

More Black history should be taught in our schools. Their sweat, brains, and labor helped make this country great.

African American History Month 2013

I am all for more black history. Teach it right along side history rather than for a single month attempting to make one race "feel good about themselves" while chopping another race "down to size".

The greatness of Martin Luther King Jr., Booker T. Washington, W. E. B. DuBois, Muhammed Ali etc. should be taught right along with all the other history of this great country. Why single them out for one short month and then forget about them for the rest of the eleven months? Oh yeah, I forget, we need to cut down that other race to size.

Sorry, I feel "Black History Month" is nothing more than racism and should have no place in a color blind society... a society we will never be allowed to enjoy.

Immie

I agree with much of what Mr. Steele said in that video. I would like to ask him the following:
What 'militants' is he referring to? The Black Panthers who were pretty proactive. The Black Muslims who were pretty proactive themselves? Or Martin Luther King Jr. who was in favor of government programs, reparations, and racial hiring quotas?

Like i said ealrier MLK would be horrified at the state of the black family in this county

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Quotas? I don't think so

Shelby Steele on the race hustlers..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTqeQ3XYIwI]Shelby Steele on Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson - YouTube[/ame]

I can see your point on why it would be insulting.

Do you think it is ok for some black people to call Republican Blacks "Uncle Toms"? Or do you think that is insulting as well?

Thank you for being open minded.

Are they calling specific Black Republicans 'Uncle Toms' or all or most Black Republicans 'Uncle Toms'? If it's the latter, then I think that they are ignorant bigots who are no more intelligent or less bigoted than the people who they are calling bigots. Colin Powell is someone who I admire, so is Tony Brown, they are both Republicans who are Black. I like Michael Steele as well, it's too bad that many republicans referred to him as "lazy" and "spending too much money". He had good ideas that in my opinion WOULD have expanded that allegorical 'big republican tent', instead he was shit on by not a few of his fellow republicans.

I wish they'd just teach the truth. History! I want us to Teach black inventions, but make damn sure that we do so based on the facts or what they did to improve society. Do it fairly for whites too.

What's so hard to understand. Why smear the truth to make someone feel good? Is their history really so patheric that they can't be proud of it given straight????.

Last edited:
I heard Rush Talking about this guy today, I thought it'd be a good idea to put him in this thread. Amazing man...He's from Detroit:D

Ben_Carson_%28cropped%29.jpg

Carson's hand-eye coordination and three-dimensional reasoning skills made him a gifted surgeon.[1] After medical school, he became a neurosurgery resident at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. Starting off as an adult neurosurgeon, Carson became more interested in pediatrics. He believed that with children, "what you see is what you get,[1] ... when they’re in pain they clearly show it with a frown on their face or when they are happy they show it by smiling brightly."

At age 33, he became the youngest major division director in Johns Hopkins history, as Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery. Carson's other surgical innovations have included the first intrauterine procedure to relieve pressure on the brain of a hydrocephalic fetal twin, and a hemispherectomy, in which a young girl suffering from uncontrollable seizures had one half of her brain removed.

In 1987, Carson made medical history by being the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins (the Binder twins) who had been joined at the back of the head (craniopagus twins). The 70-member surgical team, led by Carson, worked for 22 hours. At the end, the twins were successfully separated and can now survive independently. Carson recalls:

I looked at that situation. I said, ‘Why is it that this is such a disaster?’ and it was because they would always exsanguinate. They would bleed to death, and I said, ‘There's got to be a way around that. These are modern times.’ This was back in 1987. I was talking to a friend of mine, who was a cardiothoracic surgeon, who was the chief of the division, and I said, ‘You guys operate on the heart in babies, how do you keep them from exsanguinating’ and he says, ‘Well, we put them in hypothermic arrest.’ I said, ‘Is there any reason that – if we were doing a set of Siamese twins that were joined at the head – that we couldn't put them into hypothermic arrest, at the appropriate time, when we're likely to lose a lot of blood?’ and he said, ‘No way .’ I said, ‘Wow, this is great.’ Then I said, ‘Why am I putting my time into this? I'm not going to see any Siamese twins.’ So I kind of forgot about it, and lo and behold, two months later, along came these doctors from Germany, presenting this case of Siamese twins. And, I was asked for my opinion, and I then began to explain the techniques that should be used, and how we would incorporate hypothermic arrest, and everybody said ‘Wow! That sounds like it might work.’ And, my colleagues and I, a few of us went over to Germany. We looked at the twins. We actually put in scalp expanders, and five months later we brought them over and did the operation, and lo and behold, it worked.[2]

Carson has received numerous honors and many awards over the years, including over 61 honorary doctorate degrees. He was also a member of the American Academy of Achievement, the Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans, the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, the Yale Corporation (the governing body of Yale University), and other prestigious organizations. He sits on many boards including the Board of Directors of Kellogg Company, Costco Wholesale Corporation, and America's Promise. He was also the president and co-founder of the Carson Scholars Fund, which recognizes young people of all backgrounds for exceptional academic and humanitarian accomplishments. In 2007, Carson was inducted into the Indiana Wesleyan University Society of World Changers and received an honorary doctorate while speaking at the university. He returned to IWU the following year when his friend, Tony Dungy, was also inducted into the society.[3] In 2006, he was awarded the Spingarn Medal from the NAACP.[4] On June 19, 2008, Carson received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President George W. Bush. He is a recipient of the Ford's Theatre Lincoln Medal and the William E. Simon Prize for Philanthropic Leadership, and was elected to the Institute of Medicine (IOM) of the United States National Academy of Sciences.

Ben Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looky there, another imbecile who was too stupid to read the book!

One started out for all the right reasons and has stumbled and devolved like some people do. The other, in my opinion started out for all the wrong reasons stumbled on to some worthy causes and finally was honest with himself and finally went on to what he likes to do the most, entertainment. Like most people, they have their good points and bad points, they both kept and keep the conversation going, while they can be myopic and sometimes clownish with their focus they were brave enough at one time or another to "fight the good fight". God bless them, they did put their asses physically on the line.
I may not agree with some of their tactics and some of their issues, but i respect them for doing a whole lot more than me to fight for justice even though like us all, they have had their failings.

One started out for all the right reasons and has stumbled and devolved like some people do. The other, in my opinion started out for all the wrong reasons stumbled on to some worthy causes and finally was honest with himself and finally went on to what he likes to do the most, entertainment. Like most people, they have their good points and bad points, they both kept and keep the conversation going, while they can be myopic and sometimes clownish with their focus they were brave enough at one time or another to "fight the good fight". God bless them, they did put their asses physically on the line.
I may not agree with some of their tactics and some of their issues, but i respect them for doing a whole lot more than me to fight for justice even though like us all, they have had their failings.

Bullshit.. Jessie Jackson way back might have been ok when he was with MLK now both are race hustlers who make money off the misery of others

Forum List

Back