Black, female democrat Georgia legislator switches to GOP over school choice.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
When this Georgia legislator backed school choice to help black children, the democrat party attacked her……..she is a democrat……and the schools in her district are not educating black children….

She has now switched parties to the GOP…….she will now be considered a black, white supremacist……..

When I decided to stand up on behalf of disadvantaged children in support of school choice, my Democrat colleagues didn’t stand by me,” Mainor explained of her decision in a statement to Fox News Digital. “They crucified me. When I decided to stand up in support of safe communities and refused to support efforts to defund the police, they didn’t back me. They abandoned me.”
——-
Education will remain a priority for Mainor. She mentioned a few months ago “that some schools in her district have 3% reading proficiency rates and that many kids cannot do simple math.”

Last edited:
When this Georgia legislator backed school choice to help black children, the democrat party attacked her……..she is a democrat……and the schools in her district are not educating black children….

She has now switched parties to the GOP…….she will now be considered a black, white supremacist……..

When I decided to stand up on behalf of disadvantaged children in support of school choice, my Democrat colleagues didn’t stand by me,” Mainor explained of her decision in a statement to Fox News Digital. “They crucified me. When I decided to stand up in support of safe communities and refused to support efforts to defund the police, they didn’t back me. They abandoned me.”
——-
Education will remain a priority for Mainor. She mentioned a few months ago “that some schools in her district have 3% reading proficiency rates and that many kids cannot do simple math.”

She may not carry her district for a second term (this being her first), but I bet she sleeps well at night.

——-

Useful idiots never see the gun to the back of the head coming

I can't feel bad for them when they choke on the red pill

——-

Good for her.

No child--not one--should be made to stay in failing schools. Not one.

I admire her conviction…. She put children’s education quality above party. Democrats on the other hand put teachers’unuons and bloated Education bureaucracy above children.

School choice, vouchers erode unions and bureaucrats. Democrats would rather poor Black children suffer in degrading school conditions than see their unions and bureaucrats take a hit.

I admire her conviction…. She put children’s education quality above party. Democrats on the other hand put teachers’unuons and bloated Education bureaucracy above children.

School choice, vouchers erode unions and bureaucrats. Democrats would rather poor Black children suffer in degrading school conditions than see their unions and bureaucrats take a hit.
Explain how school vouchers improve "degrading school conditions."

The day is coming closer and closer when the limits of the taxpayer to pay corrupted rated per student will be a reality. And then the decline of something that was not great in the first place will occur.

Lots of state legislators, and they occasionally swap parties, but always for political reasons. It is always a political calculation . "Which party will get me more votes?". The reason told to reporters is always something to best endear them to their new party.

Hopefully she encourages more like her to abandon that party.

Not enough people in power have morals, standards and values and fewer stick to their guns. They just want to take the easy road and benefit from it.

It's the same reason I respect tulsi gabbard. I don't agree with all of her ideas but she cares about america and Americans and has values and standards. She walked away from democrats as well when she realized what they were. She has some big ass lady nuts to stand up to them like she did instead of just going along with it.

She was also mad because Democrats put illegal aliens higher on the oppression hierarchy than blacks.

Given the choice between tyranny or justice, the black democrat made a logical decision.

The Democrat party is not the party of minorities, the Democrats are the party of hate, and using that to keep people separated into groups, groups that the Democrats create than tell us they are here to protect us from.

Because it will force schools to compete to keep students.........they are getting tons of money now, and yet they are wasting the money, stealing the money, losing the money.........they are getting all of the money and degrading the schools ...this way, the parents can save their children and put them in schools that actually educate their children......and if the parents can select a school with the voucher, then people will create new schools to fill that need........

What is it with you leftists who want to pour money into schools that will not teach children? The schools are currently failing........and yet you want to keep giving those same people who are failing to educate children more money....instead of allowing parents to choose better schools...

You truly are mentally ill......

——-

Everyone is welcome in the big tent party. We are inclusive.

Well, they provide viable alternatives for low-income students in degrading school conditions to get out. Blaming the GOP while putting Unions and Bureaucrats at a higher priority is not a viable option.

Well, they provide viable alternatives for low-income students in degrading school conditions to get out. Blaming the GOP while putting Unions and Bureaucrats at a higher priority is not a viable option.
So basically you were just spewing reflexive partisan BS.

Got it.

So basically you were just spewing reflexive partisan BS.

Got it.
Is it? Please show me where and how Unions and Education Bureaucrats vote largely Republican and not Democrat?

More importantly, most of the school voucher recipients and beneficiaries are Black students and families? How and why do Democrats fight to prevent Blacks from getting a better education?

Everyone is welcome in the big tent party. We are inclusive.
Critical thinking and diversity of thought is the strength of those on the right. Unfortunately it is also the weakness as a 'big tent' allows many opinions and beliefs and sometimes that causes conflict inside the tent. Don't think the Democrats don't know this. I have caught several on Twitter, for one example, deliberately pitting DeSantis and Trump supporters against each other knowing that as long as we're doing that, we'll eat our own and lose elections. We need to learn to debate and figure things out but pull together to win.

Democrats don't always agree either but they have learned to present a united front and pull together no matter how evil or destructive or harmful a concept or policy or program is.

Those on the right need to learn how to do that better to support good concepts, policies, programs. If they do better, they will support that new Republican even though, like Tulsi Gabbard, she no doubt supports many ideas those on the right do not. But honorable people do not discourage and do not disparage differences of opinion and honest debate secure in the knowlege that good people, armed with ALL pertinent information, will make better choices.

My leftwing leaning Democrat Brother-in-law, as superintendent of schools, did care about the kids more than party or ideology. He initiated a policy of teacher choice in his schools. New teachers were given time to establish rapport and reputation with the students but after a year or two, if kids weren't signing up for his/her classes he would be dismissed. He noted that the teachers with reputations for being the toughest generally had full classes ahead of the others. He probably wouldn't be allowed to have that policy these days.

School choice has the same good effect.

Critical thinking and diversity of thought is the strength of those on the right. Unfortunately it is also the weakness as a 'big tent' allows many opinions and beliefs and sometimes that causes conflict inside the tent. Don't think the Democrats don't know this. I have caught several on Twitter, for one example, deliberately pitting DeSantis and Trump supporters against each other knowing that as long as we're doing that, we'll eat our own and lose elections. We need to learn to debate and figure things out but pull together to win.

Democrats don't always agree either but they have learned to present a united front and pull together no matter how evil or destructive or harmful a concept or policy or program is.

Those on the right need to learn how to do that better to support good concepts, policies, programs. If they do better, they will support that new Republican even though, like Tulsi Gabbard, she no doubt supports many ideas those on the right do not. But honorable people do not discourage and do not disparage differences of opinion and honest debate secure in the knowlege that good people, armed with ALL pertinent information, will make better choices.

My leftwing leaning Democrat Brother-in-law, as superintendent of schools, did care about the kids more than party or ideology. He initiated a policy of teacher choice in his schools. New teachers were given time to establish rapport and reputation with the students but after a year or two, if kids weren't signing up for his/her classes he would be dismissed. He noted that the teachers with reputations for being the toughest generally had full classes ahead of the others. He probably wouldn't be allowed to have that policy these days.

School choice has the same good effect.
Yeah, funny how many lefties post that the right are always fighting with each other while trying to claim their "inclusive" side is all in agreement.

Yeah, funny how many lefties post that the right are always fighting with each other while trying to claim their "inclusive" side is all in agreement.
Well I am as about as far from leftie as you can get without joining the radical fringe. And I deplore how many of those on the right verbally attack, accuse, label, disrespect anybody on the right they disagree with. Let McCarthy or any other Republican take a position they don't like and they're practically screaming impechment. Somebody shakes hands with or has lunch/dinner with somebody they don't like and it becomes a major big deal. Lindsay Graham and Kamala Harris are walking toward each other on the Senate floor and Kamala offers a friendly fist to Lindsay. Lindsay politely bumps it. From the outrage on the right, you would have thought he had kicked a puppy in the rain.

If we are the party that promotes a free, secure, prosperous America, freedom is a key component. We have to allow people the freedom to be polite. Even to those we strongly dislike or disapprove of. Politeness is not corroboration or assent. It is what decent people exercise when appropriate to do so.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back