Black Barbie Sold for Less Than White Barbie at Walmart Store Raises Eyebrows

and an India Barbie complete with a Dr. Ken "Sanjay" Gupta.
Barbie-P6876.jpg

Do we have a little racial profiling going on?

You tell me...all I'm doing is showing that there are a hell of a lot of Barbies out there and I could care less what color they are....I hope they come out with the green alien Barbie from Rigel 5....now that would be cool.

FKTREK085258.jpg

and you gotta admit...that Sanjay doll does look like CNN's Gupta.

Now all they need is a "Captain James T. Kirk" Doll to seal the deal. :cool:

Of course none of you will think about the little girl who sees that the black barbie is cheaper, and in turn starts to believe she must be "cheap" also. People bitch about the crime and pregnancy rate among the black community, but they don't mind treating them like second class citizens which makes the problems in black community even worse.

A strawman/red herring combo! Nicely done!:thup:

:rofl:

Of course none of you will think about the little girl who sees that the black barbie is cheaper, and in turn starts to believe she must be "cheap" also. People bitch about the crime and pregnancy rate among the black community, but they don't mind treating them like second class citizens which makes the problems in black community even worse.

So how many black girls did you get drunk last night, and rape?

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

This is totally scandalous and I am not Letting Walmart get away with this!!

First White people devalued the Black man!!

Then White people devalued the Black woman!!

Now they finally got around to devaluing the Black Doll!!

We need to have a march on Wal-mart!! And not just for their low prices either!!

That is right!! We Black folks have our Crooked EYE on you!!

By the way.... Where is Jesse Jackson to defend the pride of Black Toys every where?

your right amrchaos

we need a national association of advancement of colored barbies
a barbie is a terrible thing to waste.....

~S~

YOu guys are complete idiots!

you mean that poor little girl might start thinking cheap thoughts? maybe start to realize there are others who are easily attracted by cheap ideas like suexually suggestive come-ons, or titilating pictures?

couldn't happem here, could it?

~S~

☭proletarian☭;2095930 said:
The only "implication" here is that WalMart had too many of the black ones in stock and needed to clear space. Who knows why? Maybe they mistakenly ordered too many.

Are you advocating population control for black dolls?

I'm advocating nothing. I'm merely voicing a tenet of capitalism, ie. supply and demand.

I don't see this as a big deal but there is always someone who wants to play the race card when there is no racial problem present. This is a non issue that ABC should have never reported on.
Of course with you being a racist, it is not a surprise this isn't a big deal to you. While it is probably a big deal to a young black girl, and the way she looks at herself.

If she's being raised to see racism under every rock and bush and to be so thin-skinned that her self-worth can be adversely affected by which products WalMart puts on clearance this week, then she's being raised badly.

I don't see this as a big deal but there is always someone who wants to play the race card when there is no racial problem present. This is a non issue that ABC should have never reported on.
Of course with you being a racist, it is not a surprise this isn't a big deal to you. While it is probably a big deal to a young black girl, and the way she looks at herself.

If she's being raised to see racism under every rock and bush and to be so thin-skinned that her self-worth can be adversely affected by which products WalMart puts on clearance this week, then she's being raised badly.

Exactly.

But then again sound logic and common sense rarely plays well with the lunatic fringe.

We need to have a march on Wal-mart!! And not just for their low prices either!!

By the way.... Where is Jesse Jackson to defend the pride of Black Toys every where?

your right amrchaos

~S~

Get off the Idiot Racist Liberal train and join the rest of us in a healing dose of common sense. Little girls do not grow up to be drug-addicted streetwalkers because one week when they were seven, WalMart put the black Barbie dolls on sale price and convinced her that she was "cheap". They MIGHT, however, grow up thinking that sale-price Barbie means they themselves are cheap if some dumbass, hypersensitive, leftist adult TOLD them so.

your right amrchaos

~S~

Get off the Idiot Racist Liberal train and join the rest of us in a healing dose of common sense. Little girls do not grow up to be drug-addicted streetwalkers because one week when they were seven, WalMart put the black Barbie dolls on sale price and convinced her that she was "cheap". They MIGHT, however, grow up thinking that sale-price Barbie means they themselves are cheap if some dumbass, hypersensitive, leftist adult TOLD them so.
Pretty much says it all!

Lib's are idiots!:cuckoo:

Little girls do not grow up to be drug-addicted streetwalkers because one week when they were seven, WalMart put the black Barbie dolls on sale price and convinced her that she was "cheap". They MIGHT, however, grow up thinking that sale-price Barbie means they themselves are cheap if some dumbass, hypersensitive, leftist adult TOLD them so.

perhaps, then again perhaps those elements of human nature that are so predominant don't really need the market's influence to manifest

like all the cute little avatars here

what do you suppose they project?

~S~

If the girl's self-image rests on the sale price of a doll, there are other problems to be addressed in her life.

your right amrchaos

~S~

funny-dog-pictures-surely-jest.jpg

'girls' refuse to human females? :eusa_whistle:

If it's so wrong, why are you laughing?

I would guess that girls only play with Barbies until they are about 8 or so. None of them care about money. If I took my kids to buy a toy when they were young (which I rarely did), they NEVER looked at the price tag. And every mom is happy to see something on sale, no matter what color it is. Tempest in a tea pot.

Just like the "fried chicken is racist" controversy, I would venture to guess it's white people stirring up this nonsense. Darker skinned moms could care less. Why do the folks suffering from white guilt treat black people like children?

oh yeah.....reminds me of the great lawn jockey debate in a city i once lived in......

somebody got pissy, and wrote a scathing editorial about the racial symbolism they embodied>
jocko.jpg

next thing we knew many had been painted over with white faces and hands>
J148155.jpg

followed by another scathing editorial about how regards to racism was being treated with the usual superfical response.....

followed by one indivdual who stuffed cotton in his jockey's mouth, and a watermellon under his arm with a sign that said 'get over it'

~S~

oh yeah.....reminds me of the great lawn jockey debate in a city i once lived in......

somebody got pissy, and wrote a scathing editorial about the racial symbolism they embodied>
jocko.jpg

next thing we knew many had been painted over with white faces and hands>
J148155.jpg

followed by another scathing editorial about how regards to racism was being treated with the usual superfical response.....

followed by one indivdual who stuffed cotton in his jockey's mouth, and a watermellon under his arm with a sign that said 'get over it'

~S~

Yep....but the funny thing is I wonder why the idiot that wrote the scathing editorial in the first place didn't see that the painted over lawn jockeys now looked like black people with vitaligo.

Forum List

Back