Black Barbie Sold for Less Than White Barbie at Walmart Store Raises Eyebrows

The only "implication" here is that WalMart had too many of the black ones in stock and needed to clear space. Who knows why? Maybe they mistakenly ordered too many.

Are you advocating population control for black dolls?

☭proletarian☭;2081282 said:
My daughter had black Barbies, one lady made a comment to her once (we took her to the swimming pool one day) asking why she had a 'colored' doll.

Yeah, it was 2001. :cuckoo:

I'da said 'Barbie's going Green and she needs a plow that doesn't use fossil fuels.'

I'd have said, "Barbie's a social worker, and she needed some clients." Bitch probably would have believed it.
:lol:

That's a good one.
:clap2:

I don't see this as a big deal but there is always someone who wants to play the race card when there is no racial problem present. This is a non issue that ABC should have never reported on.

Walmart: Black Barbie Sold Cheaper Than White Barbie at Store - ABC News

Walmart is raising eyebrows after cutting the price of a black Barbie doll to nearly half of that of the doll's white counterpart at one store and possibly others.

Pricing like items differently is a part of inventory management in retailing," O'Brien said.

But critics say Walmart should have been more sensitive in its pricing choice.

"The implication of the lowering of the price is that's devaluing the black doll," said Thelma Dye, the executive director of the Northside Center for Child Development, a Harlem, N.Y. organization founded by pioneering psychologists and segregation researchers Kenneth B. Clark and Marnie Phipps Clark.

"Most white parents wouldn't think to buy a black doll for their child, even if they believe in equality and all those things," she said.

David? David Duke? Is that you, have you decided to grace us with your presence again?

This is totally scandalous and I am not Letting Walmart get away with this!!

First White people devalued the Black man!!

Then White people devalued the Black woman!!

Now they finally got around to devaluing the Black Doll!!

We need to have a march on Wal-mart!! And not just for their low prices either!!

That is right!! We Black folks have our Crooked EYE on you!!

By the way.... Where is Jesse Jackson to defend the pride of Black Toys every where?

I don't see this as a big deal but there is always someone who wants to play the race card when there is no racial problem present. This is a non issue that ABC should have never reported on.
Of course with you being a racist, it is not a surprise this isn't a big deal to you. While it is probably a big deal to a young black girl, and the way she looks at herself.

Walmart is raising eyebrows after cutting the price of a black Barbie doll to nearly half of that of the doll's white counterpart at one store and possibly others.

Pricing like items differently is a part of inventory management in retailing," O'Brien said.

"The implication of the lowering of the price is that's devaluing the black doll," said Thelma Dye, the executive director of the Northside Center for Child Development, a Harlem, N.Y. organization founded by pioneering psychologists and segregation researchers Kenneth B. Clark and Marnie Phipps Clark.

"Most white parents wouldn't think to buy a black doll for their child, even if they believe in equality and all those things," she said.

I did.

I am pretty sure I had a black barbie, along with a south pacific islander doll. :lol:

We need to have a march on Wal-mart!! And not just for their low prices either!!

By the way.... Where is Jesse Jackson to defend the pride of Black Toys every where?

your right amrchaos

we need a national association of advancement of colored barbies
a barbie is a terrible thing to waste.....

~S~

I did.

I am pretty sure I had a black barbie, along with a south pacific islander doll. :lol:

Hey why not....they got an Arab Barbie....
diamond-barbie-doll.jpg

and an Oriental Barbie...
1981-DOTW-Oriental.jpg

Last edited:

your right amrchaos

we need a national association of advancement of colored barbies
a barbie is a terrible thing to waste.....

~S~

YOu guys are complete idiots!

Of course none of you will think about the little girl who sees that the black barbie is cheaper, and in turn starts to believe she must be "cheap" also. People bitch about the crime and pregnancy rate among the black community, but they don't mind treating them like second class citizens which makes the problems in black community even worse.

and an India Barbie complete with a Dr. Ken "Sanjay" Gupta.
Barbie-P6876.jpg

Do we have a little racial profiling going on?

You tell me...all I'm doing is showing that there are a hell of a lot of Barbies out there and I could care less what color they are....I hope they come out with the green alien Barbie from Rigel 5....now that would be cool.

FKTREK085258.jpg

and you gotta admit...that Sanjay doll does look like CNN's Gupta.

Forum List

Back