“Black and brown students have to borrow money at a higher rate at every step of the way” -racism at NPR

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
I just heard this right now on NPR radio. A sad situation for once great news outlet. Of course the statement is completely false. There are millions of white people who are homeless, starving, addicted to heroin who try to get into college and don’t even get in ..they can’t get accepted.

anybody who agrees with the NPR statement is high on drugs, racist. Of course the two often go hand-in-hand with each other.

The great majority of black men and white men disagree with Black Lives Matter, they abhors the 400 years a slave argument. We’re in this thing together. We black Americans and white Americans are united under the cross. This unity, this love will not be broken by any fascists in the government.

Not following the OP. You headline by talking higher interest payments by ethnicity and then you move onto white people in trouble but with no link to interest payments .

NPR has some good interviews and news stories but then they also report opinions from the far fringe and it is sad they help promote this sort of thing. I do like listening to them . I would like to see stats that back up the story of any.

Not following the OP. You headline by talking higher interest payments by ethnicity and then you move onto white people in trouble but with no link to interest payments .
The point is that there are poor white people and poor Black people across the country. NPR had a guest on that made a false claim that black and brown students pay higher. Rates every step of the way. Is it a false statement. It’s a simple common sense thing. There are white people who can’t afford anything.

NPR is making it out is if there’s only poor blacks

Interest rates were not to discussion when it came to the NPR segment. Perhaps I could better explain but hopefully this post helps.

When I say P a higher rate, I mean to say that the NPR host had suggested that black and brown folks pay more money for college, every step of the way as if there’s no white people they have to pay more money for college or that there’s no white people who can’t get into college that’s the point.

I just heard this right now on NPR radio. A sad situation for once great news outlet. Of course the statement is completely false. There are millions of white people who are homeless, starving, addicted to heroin who try to get into college and don’t even get in ..they can’t get accepted.

anybody who agrees with the NPR statement is high on drugs, racist. Of course the two often go hand-in-hand with each other.

The great majority of black men and white men disagree with Black Lives Matter, they abhors the 400 years a slave argument. We’re in this thing together. We black Americans and white Americans are united under the cross. This unity, this love will not be broken by any fascists in the government.
NPR - great? You must be joking

The point is that there are poor white people and poor Black people across the country. NPR had a guest on that made a false claim that black and brown students pay higher. Rates every step of the way. Is it a false statement. It’s a simple common sense thing. There are white people who can’t afford anything.

NPR is making it out is if there’s only poor blacks

Interest rates were not to discussion when it came to the NPR segment. Perhaps I could better explain but hopefully this post helps.

When I say P a higher rate, I mean to say that the NPR host had suggested that black and brown folks pay more money for college, every step of the way as if there’s no white people they have to pay more money for college or that there’s no white people who can’t get into college that’s the point.

Well federal loans are pretty flat rate across the board depending on when you get them for college. Maybe the issue is that too many blacks go for private lenders or their schools push them in that direction. One thing I learned was that there was zero people willing to help me sort any of it out back in the day. I had to figure it out all on my own, sometimes the hard way. My school pushed students into private loans with a specific bank. I assume the school was getting a kickback of some sort they were so aggressive about it. The FA folks only helped you apply if that was who you were borrowing from. I was like screw that, I am going with Uncle Sam because they had more options other than "pay or default" in case life threw a curve ball at you.

Great way to get into debt these days to go to college brother. I did not attend a four year university. I have zero college debt and I’m happy with my salary.
Most colleges have become marxist puppy mills that churn out unskilled useful idiots with no hope of getting out of debt beyond embracing marxism.

Fairly ingenious scheme, except the part where generations of useful idiots are unleashed upon the country.

Last edited:
Most colleges have become marxist puppy mills that churn out unskilled useful idiots with no hope of getting out of debt beyond embracing marxism.
That’s a great point. On top of that if one is a young man and they go to Bank saying “I have a great business idea can I have a $30,000 loan for a start up shop or something” . They won’t give it to them. If they go to the same Bank and say “I need $100,000 loan for gender studies at a four year university”. ..well They’re ready to give them the loan.

That is corruption in America. That’s the wrong thing to do. But I have a lot of hope for the American future. I think this summer is the start of something right

Read the rules! Need a link when stating something from a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back