Bitcoin kicking ass

Why does everyone keep citing this “hack” as if bitcoin got hacked? NO, this was 1 group of miners who got hacked, obviously they did do their due diligence to keep their money safe. Notice the language they use early on in the article, like “bitcoin firm”, until they finally mention at the very end...this was a small mining outfit (who potentially made a lot of money) and then didn’t protect it enough.

Also how does one quantify a bubble made of tulips...then claim bitcoin has surpassed that bubble? A. It’s freaking tulips, how exactly is that quantified B. This was 1 single country, vs as small % of the population of the entire planet C. Tulips can be cloned, vs a finite and rare amount

Last edited:
Bitcoin fell 8 percent today.
It falls all the time...where have you been the other 50 times it’s fallen 8 percent?

Just leading to my point that people just want this to fail, like dogs barking and running away from a remote control car.

It fell today because Coinbase just added bitcoin cash for purchase, and people are moving money into that.

Taxes
Did you know the IRS has ruled that every bitcoin transaction represents a taxable event? Not just investment entry and exit. Everything. This would be like having to record and report a dollar cost and sales basis every time you bought a hamburger. With failure to do so exposing you to criminal evasion charges. This alone represents the type of intractable friction that destroys a currency use case. Many people may not bother with tax reporting, and block chain’s inherent anonymity features may offer sufficient obfuscation to do so. But, prostitutes and drug dealers aside, prudent professionals don’t expose themselves to such legal jeopardy. Which means using bitcoin for anything but speculation is a real Schedule D hassle. A Crypto Christmas

Yup, it just cleared what was the laughable prediction of 10,000 USD by 2018. I originally bought half a coin a few years ago, sold before a trip to Vegas, with the intentions of buying back in...but stupidly did not. Got lazy since my exchange updated their security and wanted my drivers license and I thought it was too much of a hassle, and I forgot about it....that half a coin (I bought 150 worth) would be worth over 5,000 now. Bought back in a couple months ago (again later than I was meaning too, since I wanted to buy back in early in the summer, but never got around to it). Anyway in about a month I’ve made an 80% return on investment....I DONT THINK ITS GOING TO STOP.

These guys say it’ll go up to a million by 2020...and it sounds crazy, even to me but there are a few factors that are going to contribute to the continual rise. Even if it’s half or even a quarter of that...that’s still phenomenally outstanding.

Bitcoin is close to becoming worthless

Just one year has passed since bitcoin enthusiasts forecasted that the cryptocurrency would hit a price of $1 million.

But that was then. With the price of bitcoin BTCUSD, -8.07% having fallen almost 80% from its peak, and now trading well-below the support level of $6,000, everyone is wondering where it goes from here.

The answer is, a swift and painful drop to zero.

Yup, it just cleared what was the laughable prediction of 10,000 USD by 2018. I originally bought half a coin a few years ago, sold before a trip to Vegas, with the intentions of buying back in...but stupidly did not. Got lazy since my exchange updated their security and wanted my drivers license and I thought it was too much of a hassle, and I forgot about it....that half a coin (I bought 150 worth) would be worth over 5,000 now. Bought back in a couple months ago (again later than I was meaning too, since I wanted to buy back in early in the summer, but never got around to it). Anyway in about a month I’ve made an 80% return on investment....I DONT THINK ITS GOING TO STOP.

These guys say it’ll go up to a million by 2020...and it sounds crazy, even to me but there are a few factors that are going to contribute to the continual rise. Even if it’s half or even a quarter of that...that’s still phenomenally outstanding.

Just one year has passed since bitcoin enthusiasts forecasted that the cryptocurrency would hit a price of $1 million.

But that was then. With the price of bitcoin BTCUSD, -8.07% having fallen almost 80% from its peak, and now trading well-below the support level of $6,000, everyone is wondering where it goes from here.

It has a long way to go before it can be a alternative to money. First, more people have to own it, right now the majority is owned by very few people. Second, the value has to be stable and consistent, 10-20% swings in a week or even a month is NOT stable. Third it has to be recognized and accepted by the majority of potential adopters. It’s a looooooong way to go.

It has a long way to go before it can be a alternative to money. First, more people have to own it, right now the majority is owned by very few people. Second, the value has to be stable and consistent, 10-20% swings in a week or even a month is NOT stable. Third it has to be recognized and accepted by the majority of potential adopters. It’s a looooooong way to go.

Bitcoin is not used or traded by anyone except speculators. No one uses it to actually buy stuff, any more than someone uses a Pokemon trading card to buy stuff.

It will never be stable. It's vapor.

Last edited:

Bitcoin kicking ass​

:auiqs.jpg:

Check out those prices and market caps.

Is anyone stupid enough to believe Tether has $83 billion to backstop their crypto if there is another bank run?

Does Ethereum have $190 billion?

This is one giant Ponzi scheme.

Forum List

Back