Birthright Citizenship - Lay it on the Line

The battle lines are drawn, right? The Donald wants to END "Birthright Citizenship," stating - in essence - that the principle is based on nothing more than an incorrect interpretation of six words in the 14th Amendment.

The Left is outraged. Trump is a racist, bigot, homophobe, transphobe, misogynist, hater and worst of all a DENIER! They don't want to change A THING with respect to Birthright Citizenship.

OK, so all bullshit aside, let's have one of the Leftists here state WHY THEY THINK BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP IS GOOD PUBLIC POLICY.

I won't hold my breath waiting for even a responsive answer, let alone a rational one.

It must end immediately and by any means necessary.
The Left can’t offer reasonable debate on this issue.
I’m for ending the lunacy yesterday with a retroactive clause built in...ship ALL anchor babies home tomorrow!

So...not a single response that can even make the argument that it is good policy.

How about this: Can it be justified by reference to the LEGISLATIVE HISTORY?

Can any Leftist show a single record of those who drafted the Amendment intending for children of people in the country illegally being granted automatic citizenship?

It was never actually an issue before that. Any white child born here was considered a citizen no matter where his parents came from.

It must end immediately and by any means necessary.
The Left can’t offer reasonable debate on this issue.
I’m for ending the lunacy yesterday with a retroactive clause built in...ship ALL anchor babies home tomorrow!

Good luck with that.

Here's how it plays out.

Trump takes a spanking on Tuesday.
All the crap he says will be largely ignored by his own party... he'll be a lame duck.

Then we can get about finding a fair and sensible immigration reform package that ignores the bigots.

The battle lines are drawn, right? The Donald wants to END "Birthright Citizenship," stating - in essence - that the principle is based on nothing more than an incorrect interpretation of six words in the 14th Amendment.

The Left is outraged. Trump is a racist, bigot, homophobe, transphobe, misogynist, hater and worst of all a DENIER! They don't want to change A THING with respect to Birthright Citizenship.

OK, so all bullshit aside, let's have one of the Leftists here state WHY THEY THINK BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP IS GOOD PUBLIC POLICY.

I won't hold my breath waiting for even a responsive answer, let alone a rational one.

There is a simple solution to this problem. If you can operate a TV remote control device, you can get citizenship.

Of course, fair is fair, and the rule also applies to democrats. If you can not, you are deported to France.

Forum List

Back