Birth

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Interesting story line but extremely slow and boring. Also, it has a scene where a ten year old boy gets into the tub with Nicole Kidman and it is clearly implied that they have sex (the kid is supposedly her re-incarnated husband).

Would not at all recommend this movie to anybody. What a waste of money!

mom4 said:
Yikes! I looked at this one yesterday! Thanks for the heads-up!

No problem! I think that you, like I did, would find many things disturbing about the movie.

Dan said:
What's wrong with things being disturbing in movies? :huh:

Nothing if that is what you want to see. Not everybody wants to see movies that portray events they would find disturbing or troubling.

Correct?

Alias andLost are about all I can handle. Have you noticed that Nicole Kidman has gotten into some weird stuff in the past few years, especially since her divorce?

mom4 said:
Alias andLost are about all I can handle. Have you noticed that Nicole Kidman has gotten into some weird stuff in the past few years, especially since her divorce?

Yes. I am convinced that her finding out Tom was gay (I know, he hasn't admitted it, but I am sure that he is) has something to do with it. That movie they made together..... what was it called...... (had to google) "Eyes Wide Shut" was about as strange/stupid a movie I have ever seen. I think Tom is into some really weird stuff myself. All conjecture sure, but something about him just doesn't seem right.

Nothing if that is what you want to see. Not everybody wants to see movies that portray events they would find disturbing or troubling.

Correct?

Absolutely, but if you don't want to see movies that portray events that are disturbing or troubling, why would you rent Birth? It's very clearly going to be disturbing.

Dan said:
Absolutely, but if you don't want to see movies that portray events that are disturbing or troubling, why would you rent Birth? It's very clearly going to be disturbing.

Well, first off, I didn't rent it. Secondly, I never expected them to imply that the 10 year old and the lady were going to have sex. On the cover it just said, "a strange boy claims to be Anna's reincarnated husband". The story was interesting, but the movie was slow and at times, just plain boring. The only thing I really found disturbing was the scene where the 10 y/o walks into the bathroom when Anna (Nicole) is in the tub and he undresses and gets in with her. I thought that was a bit much.

Why are you trying to start a debate about something that doesn't need to be debated? I know a bit about Mom so I know she wouldn't like the movie.

Is that okay with you or do I need to get some kind of permission to post my opinion on here?

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
freeandfun1 said:
Yes. I am convinced that her finding out Tom was gay (I know, he hasn't admitted it, but I am sure that he is).... "Eyes Wide Shut" was about as strange/stupid a movie I have ever seen. .....
Scientology at it's best. I'm so glad to hear someone else say this about Mr. Cruise. I keep saying it & people look at me like I've got a third eyeball.
And speaking of not admitting it......Mm refers to Gere as "gerbil boy"for a particular reason ........ 'google that'.

Joz said:
Scientology at it's best. I'm so glad to hear someone else say this about Mr. Cruise. I keep saying it & people look at me like I've got a third eyeball.
And speaking of not admitting it......Mm refers to Gere as "gerbil boy"for a particular reason ........ 'google that'.

Joz, my dear, great minds...you know! ;)
I was thinking of Scientology, myself. I don't know what is involved with that religion. John Travolta is in it, and he doesn't seem too weird. Well, I take that back. Pulp Fiction. So is it Scientology?

Well, first off, I didn't rent it. Secondly, I never expected them to imply that the 10 year old and the lady were going to have sex. On the cover it just said, "a strange boy claims to be Anna's reincarnated husband". The story was interesting, but the movie was slow and at times, just plain boring. The only thing I really found disturbing was the scene where the 10 y/o walks into the bathroom when Anna (Nicole) is in the tub and he undresses and gets in with her. I thought that was a bit much.

That's fine, when I saw the preview, I got the impression that there were going to be some... icky scenes in there, apparently you didn't, that's cool. Maybe that says more about what I'm expecting from movies than what you are!

Why are you trying to start a debate about something that doesn't need to be debated? I know a bit about Mom so I know she wouldn't like the movie.

I'm just trying to have a discussion, nothing more. My first post in this thread was meant as a joke anyway, since everyone who knows me on here knows that my favorite movies generally tend to be disturbing movies.

Is that okay with you or do I need to get some kind of permission to post my opinion on here?

No, but apparently I do. Sorry to offend you, I was just trying to chat.

While we're on the topic, I guess the rest of the posters in this thread don't care, but I think Nicole Kidman has gotten much better looking with age. She looks beautiful in the previews for The Interpreter.

Oh, and while we're talking about weird movies these folks have done, has anyone seen Dogville? It's one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen and it stars Nicole Kidman.

Dan said:
That's fine, when I saw the preview, I got the impression that there were going to be some... icky scenes in there, apparently you didn't, that's cool. Maybe that says more about what I'm expecting from movies than what you are!

I'm just trying to have a discussion, nothing more. My first post in this thread was meant as a joke anyway, since everyone who knows me on here knows that my favorite movies generally tend to be disturbing movies.

No, but apparently I do. Sorry to offend you, I was just trying to chat.

I was too quick to jump on ya. Sorry. I never saw the previews. My wife brought it home last night and we put it in an watched it. Like I said, the storyline is good, it was just that it was a bit weird for me. That's all.

Sorry if I was too quick to take offense. Tired and not feeling well today.

No problem, I was in a bad mood myself and I think a lot of folks here will agree that my sarcasm often doesn't translate through the board too well. Oh, well, end of battle!:D

Forum List

Back