Bipartisan efforts

I see all kinds of value to working with the other side, Sky. But it has to be more than one side capitulating or agreeing with the other. It has to be more than one side dictating how it is going to be. It has to be more than the President saying, "I won."

It has to be focused on arriving at the best possible answer or solution to a problem and it doesn't matter who thought it up or who gets the credit.

That's why I challenged you on the other thread to put your money where your mouth is. Pick an issue and let's discuss it without bringing ideology into it. That would require not using the ideological catchwords like 'trickle down' and 'racist'. It would mean not just stating talking points or opinions, but actually defending our point of view. It would mean actually defending a point of view without accusing or criticizing or insulting the other side in any way.

I think anybody unable to do that is not at all interested in bipartisanship or working together.

So again I challenge you. Pick an issue and let's see if we can keep ideology and partisanship out of it and discuss it on its own merits.

Last edited:
My topic is bi-partisan efforts. That's where I've started. The emphasis is on getting things done that will benefit all citizens. LIke social security for example. The idea of raising the retirement age to 70. We can discuss that idea, no party owns it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back