Bin Laden's driver pleads not guilty

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
The first Guantanamo war crimes trial began Monday with a not guilty plea from a former driver and alleged bodyguard for Osama bin Laden.

Hamdan was captured at a roadblock in Afghanistan in November 2001, allegedly with two surface-to-air missiles in the car. But his lawyers say he was merely a low-level driver and mechanic without any role in the al Qaeda conspiracy against the United States.

Hamdan was taken to Guantanamo in May 2002 and selected as one of the first inmates to face prosecution. His case has created repeated legal obstacles for the Pentagon including a Supreme Court ruling that struck down an earlier version of the tribunal system.

Bin Laden's alleged bodyguard pleads not guilty - CNN.com

You have to wonder, if Bush ever got charged with war crimes, does that mean all his employees would too?

It does roll downhill, I hear.

Somehow, though, I doubt we'll ever see that particular scenario play out.
No, I don't expect it will nor do I have any reason to want it to...too harmful to the country. But it is hard to believe that a driver can be held responsible for the actions of his boss.

He was Bin Laden driver, but he was captured in Aafghanistan with a couple rockets in the car?

When were Bin?

It sounds like he was transporting surface-to-air missles in Afghanistan. He may well be in for it regardless of who his boss is.

Even if that is not the case, Bin Laden was a wanted man, If I were found driving a known Felon around I would at the very least be charged with harboring a fugitive, would I not?

Forum List

Back