Bin Laden 'surrounded'

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I'll repeat what I said once before, if Bin Laden is captured or killed then Kerry might as well drop out right then and there. Politics aside, I just hope they catch this scumbag.

A BRITISH Sunday newspaper is claiming Osama bin Laden has been found and is surrounded by US special forces in an area of land bordering north-west Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The Sunday Express, known for its sometimes colourful scoops, claims the al-Qaeda leader has been "sighted" for the first time since 2001 and is being monitored by satellite.

The paper claims he is in a mountainous area to the north of the Pakistani city of Quetta. The region is said to be peopled with bin Laden supporters and the terrorist leader is estimated to also have 50 of his fanatical bodyguards with him.

The claim is attributed to "a well-placed intelligence source" in Washington, who is quoted as saying: "He (bin Laden) is boxed in."

The paper says the hostile terrain makes an all-out conventional military assault impossible. The plan to capture him would depend on a "grab-him-and-go" style operation.

"US helicopters already sited on the Afghanistan border will swoop in to extricate him," the newspaper says. It claims bin Laden and his men "sleep in caves or out in the open. The area is swept by fierce snow storms howling down from the 10,000ft-high mountain peaks. Donkeys are the only transport."

The special forces are "absolutely confident" there is no escape for bin Laden, and are awaiting the order to go in and get him.

http://www.sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,9353,8752173-28778,00.html

has our intelligence gotten better since the WMD issue though?

I believe they'll go in if he's suspected to be somewhere regardless. I'm just not getting my hopes up. You did read this line:

The Sunday Express, known for its sometimes colourful scoops

Could just be another bogus article but I thought I would pass it by here anyway. Let's cross our fingers.

I'm doubting the validity of these claims. I've heard this same thing recently somewhere else, and I just don't believe it's something that would make the news before we acted. I would think they'd take steps to avoid release of information of this nature, as, if true, it would serve to assist UBL in any sort or preparations he might take or escape he might make. Further, I think if true we would act immeadiately, not sit around and release info to the press about it.

At any rate, unlike Saddam, I doubt we'll get UBL alive. But eventually we will.

Oh man if this is true and we get this son of a bitch. Oh man, I would go running down the streets and dance.
Kepping my fingers crossed

Dead,alive...in pieces...as long as OBL no longer walks amoung free men....I do hope this is true.....May be G.W. ought to wait till closer to the election day:D

Originally posted by jon_forward
Dead,alive...in pieces...as long as OBL no longer walks amoung free men....I do hope this is true.....May be G.W. ought to wait till closer to the election day:D
thats my opinion Jon. i think they know where he is, they are jsut waiting for the correct time.

IF, and only if, the capture of OBL is being held back for political advantage for GW and if that secret ever gets out it would mean ruin for alot of republicans. There are way too many independent voters getting real fed up with the BS in politics.

otherwise, I think the capture of OBL would be a great thing. It should be the one execution that should be made pulicly available on TV.

No it really does not matter when he is caught it will still almost assure Bush's re-election !! :)

granted that I have no degree in human phsycology, but I do maintain a membership with the 'Independent Texans', a fiscally conservative group of independent voters here and as such I know their mindset, and although an OBL capture would indeed ensure a bush re-election AS LONG AS it wasn't a delayed capture for political advantage. Do not underestimate the independent mindset of american interests. If its ever revealed that OBL's capture was delayed for political advantage it would end the career of half of the republican politicians in the federal government.

Originally posted by evilarnold
*Quoted from DK Suddeth Post*
"IF, and only if, the capture of OBL is being held back for political advantage for GW and if that secret ever gets out it would mean ruin for alot of republicans. There are way too many independent voters getting real fed up with the BS in politics."

So, typically it's another consiracy! First were only invading Iraq for there oil, Then it was Gw seeking revenge for his father, then there was no real reason to invade as we have found no WMD there, but if we dont get Bin Laden I am sure they will suddenly pop up (WMD'S) for GW's political advantage right! I guess there was no reason at all to invade Iraq anyway, after all Saddam was just a harmless guy! Truthfully I think you are right! there are too many independent voters getting real fed up with the BS just like your post!

perhaps you should read the whole thread instead of focusing on a small part of it to show your idiocy, especially the three posts before mine that you quoted.

Just in case you can't get past being obtuse, I'll explain it to you.

I was speaking hypothetically, look it up if you don't understand that word, in response to the claims about strategy and GW waiting til closer to the election.

Now that I've shown you the truth of my statement you can make your retraction.

:slap:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
perhaps you should read the whole thread instead of focusing on a small part of it to show your idiocy

Just in case you can't get past being obtuse, I'll explain it to you.

Why is it necessary to resort to the personal attacks every time someone writes something you disagree with? Do you think these comments help in your debate? In my opinion, the rest of your comments are useless when I read this crap.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Why is it necessary to resort to the personal attacks every time someone writes something you disagree with? Do you think these comments help in your debate? In my opinion, the rest of your comments are useless when I read this crap.

Jim, the only thing I disagree with his post is the fact that he wrote it without comprehension. If I had actually been intimating that I thought there was a conspiracy then he'd have a reason to write what he did. He didn't take the time to comprehend it, just jumped on it.

Many is the time that you, yourself, have responded with worse because someone didn't take the time to comprehend the meaning of the post. I don't understand why you would hold me to a higher standard.

Sorry DK, No retraction here! Hypothetically or not it's the typical midset of your kind! It was my opinion on your kind not you as an individual, so before you turn around and pat yourself on the back dont count on the retraction! And if you wish to make it personal that's fine with me you condescending prick!

there are too many independent voters getting real fed up with the BS just like your post!

How do I not take that as your opinion on me?

were did you go DK? Typical of your kind to hit n run! Come back I have something "obtuse" to stick in your ass! :)

I'm back, had to run my wife to the store. If you still want to get personal I can.

Forum List

Back