Buck Up, Soldiers. We weren't invited but we're here.

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
That's the rallying cry nowadays in Iraq. Despite the "Mission Accomplished" banner on the infamous aircraft carrier photo op for the prez, our soldiers continue to die and be maimed in a war that they didn't "invite" either. There comes a time when even the peons need to make their voices heard, don't you dig it?

Now, I'm not one to shirk duty or encourage anyone else to do so but I don't stand for ridiculous job assignment or counter-productive waste of energy. The hawks, most of them chicken-hawks, continue to expose our children, sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers and our cousins to great danger and even death. I wonder what they would do in similar threats to their own situations? History reveals the answer to that question.

We, Americans, presently occupy several foriegn lands. We reside in and defend our national interests in Germany, Japan, South Korea, Spain, Italy and numerous others. We now intend to promote our powers against any other outstanding that do not particularly agree that our system of crony capitalism is indeed entreprenurial. Even thogh our military might would suggest the greatness of our system, many there and even here still doubt the soundness of such a system.

I fear a retribution. A policy so assuming and so arrogant as to invade a population so undeserving of such destruction and so uninviting of our overwhelming capacity to make war is ultimately folly and historically evidenced as doomed to failure. Is it about freedom or is it about greed? A simple question that can't/won't be answered easily is now before us. I probably wouldn't be so concerned if I had not also been a peon, an instrument of war, a hawk without a clue. My apologies for all that will never be enough.

I am genuinely afraid for us, us Americans. We taut our freedoms althewhile suppressing them. We brag about our productiveness allthewhile reducing or even eliminating the rewards for our workforce. We claim morale compass while we admonish and control the very entities that tend to ascertain it. Tsk, tsk.

hey guesse what 9-11 happened while we were not at war with any islamic country, while we pandered to them and tried to get them to just agree that "we have a right to exist just like you" and were did it get us, 3,000 dead a two pillars of capitalism turned to dust.

Psycho,

First, I don't know any soldier who ever invited any war. But all who served in the military (including you and I) decided that we would be willing to put our lives on the line to defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. And guess who made the determination that Iraq was a threat? Congress and the Commander in Chief - where the military takes its orders from.

Secondly, I think Rumsfield (a guy I'm sure you love) wants to decrease our troop presence in Germany and Korea. And I think many people would like us to keep only a minimal presence overseas anyway, which the Bush administartion is doing, Iraq notwithstanding.

Forum List

Back