Bin Laden is dead.........General Motors is alive

Anyone else remember ObamaMotors? As the Republicans mockingly called it?

Conservatives stood death watch over GM, waiting for it to fail so they could mock Obamas foolish bailout.

Now GM is back to being the number one automaker in the world

yeah, screw the taxpayers and the bondholders..Obama is the man for saving his Union buddies.

whoohoo

Saving GM and the million auto industry jobs highlights a key difference between Obama and Bush

Bush threw money at GM with no strings attached. GM just swallowed the money and was back asking Obama for more five months later

Obama insisted that the taxpayer be given stock as collateral, Obama insisted that GM restructure and shed unprofitable branches, Obama insisted that the Unions accept wage and benefit cuts

GM is back to being the largest auto manufacturer in the world

Bin Laden is dead................General Motors is alive

And NEITHER was right in doing what they did.. Bush NOR Obamalama

yeah, screw the taxpayers and the bondholders..Obama is the man for saving his Union buddies.

whoohoo

Saving GM and the million auto industry jobs highlights a key difference between Obama and Bush

Bush threw money at GM with no strings attached. GM just swallowed the money and was back asking Obama for more five months later

Obama insisted that the taxpayer be given stock as collateral, Obama insisted that GM restructure and shed unprofitable branches, Obama insisted that the Unions accept wage and benefit cuts

TARP was bad medicine, and Gubmint had zero business doing it. That's what Bankruptcy Courts/Proceedings are for.

Leftists simply aren't serious about national security.
Given that they follow the same stupid fucking policies as the "rightists", I'd have to agree.

Dave seems to have lost his ability to engage in anything but a flame.

But you aren't quite right either. Security is important. Pretend wars of choice, not so much. Combat troops are out of Iraq. Hopefully the same will be done with regard to Afghanistan. And don't hear deems shrieking "bomb bomb bomb Iran". Military action, if any, would be a last resort.

So, saying everyone but for isolationists is the same isn't correct or honest. The alternative to "bomb bomb bomb Iran" can't be naive isolationism

I don't buy it (and I'm not isolationist, but that old saw is all empire builders can see as an alternative). Bush and crew would have done roughly the same as Obama. We were there for nearly ten years for chrissake. Bush would have hemmed and hawed on Guantanamo - and kept it open, passed NDAA, added to the Patriot Act (rather than repeal it), and banged the war drums against Iran. He just wouldn't have been as eloquent about it as Obama. Apart from pretty speech making, there not much difference, sorry.

Conservatives stood death watch over GM, waiting for it to fail so they could mock Obamas foolish bailout.

Are you kidding me? That was the first move I didn't like. If I recall correctly, it was tag teamed and he and Bush both sort of had a hand in it during their transition.

Puke, either way. All politicians in the foreseeable future blow. What has happened to this country?

Don't ya understnd, RW? We need to get rid of those pesky unions and other commie things those miserable leftists acheived which helped build the middle class in this country because in order to compete we have to get to where working people in this country live like our counterparts in the 3rd world. Now, STFU and move your ass into the compound where you can get paid in company money.

The unions have destroyed the shipping industry in the US. Prior to the 1960s the US had one of the largest merchant marine fleets in the world. Now we trail behind Greece of all countries! They are ranked 4th to our 10th.

The US now has a SINGLE steamship company (Matson Lines), in the '60's there were over 25. Ask ANY merchant sailor what happened and they will tell you the unions killed the companies. My dad was a truckdriver for 40 years and his company was killed by yet another Teamster strike. And this when it was pointed out to the Teamsters that 25% of the work force wasn't working.

Fuck the unions.

Your local "job creator" thanks you. Now get the fuck back to work. Oh, and we're gonna cut your pay and benefits again. STFU about it or we'll move to Mexico/China.

Open your eyes some day clown, American manufacturing is bailing out of the US. We used to be the manufacturing capital of the world. Now we're second on our way down to third. There's no end in sight just a bunch of whiny pricks who think they are owed something for nothing.

Amazing how Toyota is a non union shop and their workers are happy, their customers are happy. And they build better vehicles then any union shop out there. Nice job, you prove my point every time you open your mouth.

The unions have destroyed the shipping industry in the US. Prior to the 1960s the US had one of the largest merchant marine fleets in the world. Now we trail behind Greece of all countries! They are ranked 4th to our 10th.

The US now has a SINGLE steamship company (Matson Lines), in the '60's there were over 25. Ask ANY merchant sailor what happened and they will tell you the unions killed the companies. My dad was a truckdriver for 40 years and his company was killed by yet another Teamster strike. And this when it was pointed out to the Teamsters that 25% of the work force wasn't working.

Fuck the unions.

Your local "job creator" thanks you. Now get the fuck back to work. Oh, and we're gonna cut your pay and benefits again. STFU about it or we'll move to Mexico/China.

Open your eyes some day clown, American manufacturing is bailing out of the US. We used to be the manufacturing capital of the world. Now we're second on our way down to third. There's no end in sight just a bunch of whiny pricks who think they are owed something for nothing.

Amazing how Toyota is a non union shop and their workers are happy, their customers are happy. And they build better vehicles then any union shop out there. Nice job, you prove my point every time you open your mouth.

Orders to U.S. factories increased in December for a second month, a sign manufacturing will strengthen even more.

Bookings (TMNOCHNG) rose 1.1 percent after a revised 2.2 percent gain in November that was larger than previously estimated, figures from the Commerce Department showed today in Washington. The order backlog jumped 1.4 percent, the most since March 2008.

Factories boosted payrolls in January by the most in a year and the number of hours worked per week climbed to the highest in 14 years, according to Labor Department figures today...

Orders to U.S. Factories Rise - Bloomberg

Are you kidding me? That was the first move I didn't like. If I recall correctly, it was tag teamed and he and Bush both sort of had a hand in it during their transition.

Puke, either way. All politicians in the foreseeable future blow. What has happened to this country?

It has recovered and destroyed Al Qaeda.

Thanks to Obama.

What is your problem with that?

It has recovered and destroyed Al Qaeda.

Thanks to Obama.

What is your problem with that?

Al Qaeda destroyed. Check

Thanks to Obama. Check

A problem with that. Check

Check it out. Check it off.

Assassination isn't justice.

Government bailouts for insolvent companies is the equivalent of socializing losses and privatizing profits.

So, about that debt and deficit.....

This is the only criticism of the OP in this thread that works. The rest is just a bunch of partisan bullshit.

Fuck the unions.

Listen, nimrod, it isn't just about unions. It's also about regulations and laws put in place that the labor movement helped put in place that everyone's benefitted from, including those happy non-union workers for Toyota.

What my eyes are telling me is that the guys you're cheering on to run things want to roll things back a century to when the average worker had no recourse if their conditions were shitty.

Fuck that.

Orders to U.S. factories increased in December for a second month, a sign manufacturing will strengthen even more.

Bookings (TMNOCHNG) rose 1.1 percent after a revised 2.2 percent gain in November that was larger than previously estimated, figures from the Commerce Department showed today in Washington. The order backlog jumped 1.4 percent, the most since March 2008.

Factories boosted payrolls in January by the most in a year and the number of hours worked per week climbed to the highest in 14 years, according to Labor Department figures today...

Yes, we have so much manufacturing that we have all of our supertankers and most of our ships built in Korea and Japan. Try again.

Yes, we have so much manufacturing that we have all of our supertankers and most of our ships built in Korea and Japan. Try again.

It's going to be so much fun seeing you flop around like a fish out of water until November.

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

Listen, nimrod, it isn't just about unions. It's also about regulations and laws put in place that the labor movement helped put in place that everyone's benefitted from, including those happy non-union workers for Toyota.

What my eyes are telling me is that the guys you're cheering on to run things want to roll things back a century to when the average worker had no recourse if their conditions were shitty.

Fuck that.

And you'd be wrong. I am against multinational corporations that your leaders suck up to. I am in favour of the small independent shops that keep this country afloat. All those regulations you crow about are driving them out of business leaving you with the big multinationals who fire 15,000 whenever the quarterlies don't meet expectations.

There are plenty of laws out there to protect the worker, more importantly bad companies will go out of business because they won't be able to get good workers. Unions had a place back in the 20's and 30's all the way up to probably the 60's. But then they becvame corrupt and thought they were the tail that wags the dog. Guess what. When you don't work or do crappy work the companies should be able to fire you. the unions made that impossible. The company my dad worked for had 25% of the workforce pulling down a paycheck and they didn't do a damned thing and the comapny couldnt get rid of them. The company failed because of it. So you had the 25% leacvhes kill a company that 75% were doing well in...so fuck that, and fuck any cocksucker who thinks that's OK.

What else do you need to know?

VOLT, GM is owned by the Globalist now, who push UN AGENDA 21.

The Volt didn't work and was a lie, just like UN AGENDA 21.

If you love big corporate overlords who steal our money for their Utopia ideas fine, but not by me.

GE ( war mongers) or GM (Green War companies) , and many of the other "GREEN" car companies have cars that run on "COAL"

So its electric, the power comes from some where....should we have nuke cars? Would that make you feel better?

Big money and big power is the game...but you don't seem to understand that...do you.

What are you saving? All you are doing is producing old regulations which make no sense, and hurt we the people. But you work in the sewer, via your avatar. You don't know what is going on in the streets, just in your smelly hole. ;)

Shit runs down hill, but more so sewer water. At least stand at street level before you say you care. Its dark in the sewers...and smelly too. ;)

Last edited:

It's going to be so much fun seeing you flop around like a fish out of water until November.

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

And why will I do that? I'm retired chrissy. I could care less what happens in the elections. We are safe and secure and when the poop hits the fan we will be helping our neighbors. I hope you are prepared as well.

Fuck that.

tissue?:rolleyes:

anbd, thats bullshit, he flatly abrogated contracts without the authority to do so, he tanked the hedge funds bond holders and pension funds that held GM options, or paper of any sort to save the UAW from becoming like those Toyota non union workers, plain and simple.

Last I checked those jap factories make good cars and trucks they aren't unionized and- take heed- they make a profit minus taxpayer funds.

Theres are many forms of bankruptcy, they could have filed chapter 11.......BUT- that would have forced GM to reorg. their labor force big time.

Chrysler was held by Cerberus, a Capital mgt. PRIVATE equity firm.....it was all to save votes, period.

whoohoo

Drastic times call for drastic actions

Forum List

Back