Bill would ban cellphone use for those under 21

Good luck with that. I thought it was "libtards" that were too controlling! :rolleyes:

when you have a nation of gawd dam morons who think BRAIN CANCER is a gawd dam conspiracy and it takes actions like this of course a liberal g.d pos loser sees it as controlling or authoritarian.

it saves those kids from fkn brain tumors at 5

and no i'm not fixing my typos

Oh and you know dam well they won't take these things IT IS A GREAT SPY DEVICE THE POS GOV. IS WANTING THOSE GONE ...

Good luck with that. I thought it was "libtards" that were too controlling! :rolleyes:

when you have a nation of gawd dam morons who think BRAIN CANCER is a gawd dam conspiracy and it takes actions like this of course a liberal g.d pos loser sees it as controlling or authoritarian.

it saves those kids from fkn brain tumors at 5

and no i'm not fixing my typos

Oh and you know dam well they won't take these things IT IS A GREAT SPY DEVICE THE POS GOV. IS WANTING THOSE GONE ...

I am sorry to hear about your brain cancer. Don't worry! From what I know about your intellect, it will soon die of starvation.

Hell no. Another thing that should be left to the parents.

Make penalties stiffer for driving while texting, make a person more liable for the damage they cause when driving while texting. Same goes for using phones to bully.

No one forces you to answer your phone. What happened to personal responsibility?

It's usually group messages, you may not see it but others do, and it leads to physical altercations.

The cat is out of the bag with cellphones. Kids want cellphones. Parents want kids to have cellphones because when they go to school they want their kids to be able to contact them at all times.
Cellphones are like computers. You can’t live with them and you can’t live live without them.
Though personally I really can’t stand them.

Kids want drugs too. You gonna give them drugs?
There are phones at school.
I get along fine without a mobile phone. Believe it or not, I can actually go out for a few hours somewhere without having phone calls I desperately need to make or receive that simply cannot wait, I'm not so important that I MUST be reachable by the world 24/7, and kids actually learn better and grow up smarter if they don't have their face in and their mind on games, social media and internet websites day and night and are forced to learn, remember, figure out and solve things much less plan for life events as mankind did for 200,000 years without expecting to have the answer to every little thing handed to them at the tap of a button instead.

In the past, kids have used their phones when faced with trouble to get adult help.

So let's see, a solder comes back from combat in the middle-east. He's seen things that most people have never seen, and is going to experience it for the rest of his life. But because he's in Vermont, he can't use a cell phone because his mind isn't mature enough to use one according to this state Senator. And he has to ask somebody over 21 years old to buy him a pack of cigarettes and a 12 pack of Miller beer.

The cat is out of the bag with cellphones. Kids want cellphones. Parents want kids to have cellphones because when they go to school they want their kids to be able to contact them at all times.
Cellphones are like computers. You can’t live with them and you can’t live live without them.

I get along fine without a mobile phone. Believe it or not, I can actually go out for a few hours somewhere without having phone calls I desperately need to make or receive that simply cannot wait, I'm not so important that I MUST be reachable by the world 24/7, and kids actually learn better and grow up smarter if they don't have their face in and their mind on games, social media and internet websites day and night and are forced to learn, remember, figure out and solve things much less plan for life events as mankind did for 200,000 years without expecting to have the answer to every little thing handed to them at the tap of a button instead.

In the past, kids have used their phones when faced with trouble to get adult help.

So let's see, a solder comes back from combat in the middle-east. He's seen things that most people have never seen, and is going to experience it for the rest of his life. But because he's in Vermont, he can't use a cell phone because his mind isn't mature enough to use one according to this state Senator. And he has to ask somebody over 21 years old to buy him a pack of cigarettes and a 12 pack of Miller beer.

I favor 18 as the across-the-board age of adulthood.

A phone itself is fine. My interest would be in removing children's ability to access social media and to freely navigate the internet. It's seriously fucking up their heads.

A phone itself is fine. My interest would be in removing children's ability to access social media and to freely navigate the internet. It's seriously fucking up their heads.

They do that at home, at the library, maybe in school. I don't think it's governments place to tell our children how to behave and what legal activity they are allowed to be involved in. If parents do it, that's their business.

However the bill restricts not only usage of any cell phone feature, but the possession of one as well. That means if your child is in serious need of help, under this proposal, they would have no access to help. It could be somebody stalking them, kidnapping them and being placed in the trunk of a car, an injury that prevents them from movement. It could be a number of things.

And if you defy the law, and your child is caught with a cell phone, do you want to see them go to jail for a year because they had one?

They do that at home, at the library, maybe in school. I don't think it's governments place to tell our children how to behave and what legal activity they are allowed to be involved in. If parents do it, that's their business.

However the bill restricts not only usage of any cell phone feature, but the possession of one as well. That means if your child is in serious need of help, under this proposal, they would have no access to help. It could be somebody stalking them, kidnapping them and being placed in the trunk of a car, an injury that prevents them from movement. It could be a number of things.

And if you defy the law, and your child is caught with a cell phone, do you want to see them go to jail for a year because they had one?

I totally get what your saying Ray, but at the same time, I somehow grew up living a pretty wild and crazy life while amazingly managing to avoid all of that and / or learning how to deal with life by eliminating, preventing, minimizing or anticipating bad situations and planning for them. Basically, it sounds like people today simply live in great fear of life (this is true!) and maybe we really need to start implanting all people with a locator chip at birth under the skin that not only tracks us, but in case of emergency, we can push on it and send out an panic signal so that the authorities can send out a SWAT team to save us.

Seriously, I belong to a "neighborhood blog" where people share tips, help, etc., and you'd be amazed the things people post. One person posted that a car stopped on her street one night and was just sitting there. How she even noticed this I cannot say, but she got on there reporting it asking if anyone else had seen the car or cars like it very concerned that the neighborhood was being cased.

Meantime, it was probably someone lost getting directions or maybe had a gumball roll under his seat. o_O

I'm not speaking of this specific bill, or of saying kids can't have phones, but of keeping children away from harmful facets of the internet. To my mind, social media has really fucked up their heads.

Give them a phone, not a smartphone.

I totally get what your saying Ray, but at the same time, I somehow grew up living a pretty wild and crazy life while amazingly managing to avoid all of that and / or learning how to deal with life by eliminating, preventing, minimizing or anticipating bad situations and planning for them. Basically, it sounds like people today simply live in great fear of life (this is true!) and maybe we really need to start implanting all people with a locator chip at birth under the skin that not only tracks us, but in case of emergency, we can push on it and send out an panic signal so that the authorities can send out a SWAT team to save us.

Seriously, I belong to a "neighborhood blog" where people share tips, help, etc., and you'd be amazed the things people post. One person posted that a car stopped on her street one night and was just sitting there. How she even noticed this I cannot say, but she got on there reporting it asking if anyone else had seen the car or cars like it very concerned that the neighborhood was being cased.

Meantime, it was probably someone lost getting directions or maybe had a gumball roll under his seat. o_O

I grew up without a cell phone as well. But at the time, there was a payphone at any business, and some just sitting by itself on the sidewalk. The only reason I didn't have a cell phone is because there were none at the time.

Living in a world of human trafficking, perverts that get sexually excited by kids, and drug addicts desperate to get money for their next fix, leaves me to believe that just about nobody can do without a cell phone these days. If this law were to pass in Vermont, it would be a magnet for these whack jobs who wish to do children harm. It would be almost like an advertisement for every loser in the country to go there.

I was never a believer in It Takes A Village. I think it takes personal responsibility on behalf of the parents as well as the children. For the life of me, I can't see punishing every person under the age of 21 for having or using a cell phone in public because of the actions of a few. I also think that most kids and young adults don't use their phone for nefarious activity or to do others harm.

I'm not speaking of this specific bill, or of saying kids can't have phones, but of keeping children away from harmful facets of the internet. To my mind, social media has really fucked up their heads.

Kids are going to go on the internet with or without a smart phone. It's just part of our existence now. Social media replaced the playground and bowling alley. The internet helps kids a hundred times more than it does harm to some. And since it's vital to have internet knowledge and experience for a job in many cases, kids can't start learning early enough.

Make penalties stiffer for driving while texting, make a person more liable for the damage they cause when driving while texting. Same goes for using phones to bully.
Or just raise the age for driving. Seems far more reasonable.

In our state we already have laws for cell phones and minors. They are not permitted to use those anytime behind the wheel of a car with the exception of emergencies.

Such a silly proposal. You can vote for the most powerful office in the world, go into debt up to your tits with students loans, and die for your country, but you can’t own a cell phone or buy a pack of smokes until your 21. So stupid.
But in MN you are free to blow all your money on the state lottery or tribal casinos at 18.
Yet sin city Las Vegas you must be 21.

A person can be charged and tried as an adult and go to an adult jail for ironically drinking underage.

Time to decide what age an adult really is.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Or just raise the age for driving. Seems far more reasonable.

In our state we already have laws for cell phones and minors. They are not permitted to use those anytime behind the wheel of a car with the exception of emergencies.
The use of cell phones don’t kill people. The use of cars do...

Kids are going to go on the internet with or without a smart phone. It's just part of our existence now. Social media replaced the playground and bowling alley. The internet helps kids a hundred times more than it does harm to some. And since it's vital to have internet knowledge and experience for a job in many cases, kids can't start learning early enough.

I referred to specific uses.

What you are saying is that parents are in this time powerless to raise their children?

I referred to specific uses.

What you are saying is that parents are in this time powerless to raise their children?

I never said that. What I am saying is that it's not governments business if a kid wants to use a phone for whatever reason as long as they are not breaking the law with it.

Forum List

Back