Bill suspends aid to central america, mexico until flood of illegal immigration stops

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
BILL SUSPENDS AID TO CENTRAL AMERICA, MEXICO UNTIL FLOOD OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION STOPS
A Texas Republican says he has a solution to mitigate the flood of unaccompanied illegal immigrant minors across the southern border.
Rep. Randy Weber introduced a bill Monday to hold Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador “accountable” for their citizens’ illegal migration by suspending foreign aid to those countries.
“The recent influx of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) has become a humanitarian crisis and has proven that certain laws are working against the United States of America,” Weber said Monday. “Texas, a border state, has repeatedly asked for help from the White House to mobilize our National Guard, and there has been no answer from the President or his administration.”
Since October more than 52,000 unaccompanied immigrant minors have been apprehended crossing illegally into the United States through the southwest border. The vast majority of the minors are from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras.
“Frankly, the border states have been left hanging to fend for themselves, increasing the health and security risks to our citizens,” Weber added, explaining that state resources are being used to deal with the influx, but “it is still not enough to solve this crisis.”
Weber’s bill, the “Illegal Entry Accountability Act of 2014,” would halt U.S. foreign aid to those countries until Congress determines they have taken sufficient action to stop the illegal flood of unaccompanied minors into America.
“If the President and his administration won’t act, then I will,” he said.
Weber is not the first lawmaker to say the U.S. should end aid to these Central American countries.
Last week, at a Homeland Security Committee hearing on the flood of illegal immigration, Michigan Republican Rep. Candice Miller called for an end to foreign aid to Central America until they deal with the crisis.​

Stop the funding and stop all money transactions between the US and central america as well. Stop all of the money.

That's one of the more retarded foreign policy proposals I've heard from any republican and the election season is still young, even more comedy gold awaits.

Most Bills introduced don't even make it out of Committee. Until the Capitol Police or the Joint Chiefs arrest this man it'll continue.

But see, most people are too afraid of being called Rayciss to do or say anything.

You see how brilliant move it was putting Obama in now?

BILL SUSPENDS AID TO CENTRAL AMERICA, MEXICO UNTIL FLOOD OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION STOPS
A Texas Republican says he has a solution to mitigate the flood of unaccompanied illegal immigrant minors across the southern border.
Rep. Randy Weber introduced a bill Monday to hold Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador “accountable” for their citizens’ illegal migration by suspending foreign aid to those countries.
“The recent influx of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) has become a humanitarian crisis and has proven that certain laws are working against the United States of America,” Weber said Monday. “Texas, a border state, has repeatedly asked for help from the White House to mobilize our National Guard, and there has been no answer from the President or his administration.”
Since October more than 52,000 unaccompanied immigrant minors have been apprehended crossing illegally into the United States through the southwest border. The vast majority of the minors are from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras.
“Frankly, the border states have been left hanging to fend for themselves, increasing the health and security risks to our citizens,” Weber added, explaining that state resources are being used to deal with the influx, but “it is still not enough to solve this crisis.”
Weber’s bill, the “Illegal Entry Accountability Act of 2014,” would halt U.S. foreign aid to those countries until Congress determines they have taken sufficient action to stop the illegal flood of unaccompanied minors into America.
Weber is not the first lawmaker to say the U.S. should end aid to these Central American countries.
Last week, at a Homeland Security Committee hearing on the flood of illegal immigration, Michigan Republican Rep. Candice Miller called for an end to foreign aid to Central America until they deal with the crisis.​
And I have a solution for him. Vote This Heartless, Non-Compassionate Fool Out Of Office! This really gives new meaning to their little slogan "No Where Else But TEXAS!" How true!

Bill suspends aid to central america, mexico until flood of illegal immigration stops
Sounds like a good idea to me. The whole point of sending aid to those countries is so we don't wind up with a situation that we have now. What are the governments of those countries doing with the aid money?

That's one of the more retarded foreign policy proposals I've heard from any republican and the election season is still young, even more comedy gold awaits.
What's retarded about it? Be specific.

Then offer your own solution to the influx.

Taking away aid will make things worse for the poor there so more will want to come here and cost us a lot more than the pittance we send there. I did not feel such a no brainer needed explanation. Also it's important to note that aid packages are usually part of a trade treaty that allows American companies to come in and rape the environment and exploit workers and cannot just be changed at the whim of congress without breaking the entire treaty and costing rich guys a lot of money and we cannot have that can we?

I don't really have a solution to the extreme violence and poverty there, no one does, it's why people are risking their young lives to come here. The time for quick, easy, inexpensive solutions (the only kind republicans go for) is long past, the drug war caused this shit and you just cannot sell conservatives on ending something that worked so damned well:doubt:.

And I have a solution for him. Vote This Heartless, Non-Compassionate Fool Out Of Office! This really gives new meaning to their little slogan "No Where Else But TEXAS!" How true!
So, you think other nations are ENTITLED to US tax dollars when they're causing a humanitarian crisis in the US.

Ain't you just a big ol' bag of dumbshit.

Sounds like a good idea to me. The whole point of sending aid to those countries is so we don't wind up with a situation that we have now. What are the governments of those countries doing with the aid money?
Putting kids on buses, apparently.

Forum List

Back