Bill Paxton RIP

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Wow. Only 61.

Bill Paxton Dead at 61 Due to Complications from Surgery

Emmy-winning actor Bill Paxton died due to complications from surgery, PEOPLE confirms.

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” a family representative said in a statement. “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

Goodness.... that's sad. He's been in so many movies I figured to enjoy at least a dozen more.
I am a lover of wickedly shitty movies. I've watched Twister a half dozen times... my hubby says it makes his eyes bleed.RIP

game-over-man-game-over.jpg

Damn. He always played such memorable characters.
He was hilarious in a True Lies.

only heard the name, no ideer who he is . I generally can't stand these movie , tv , star , hollyweird type people anyway .

This is sad and surprising.

My wife and I met him briefly at an antique shop in Ojai about 10 years ago. It was in the summer, shortly after "Big Love" was renewed for a second season. We were the only other people in the store, so the Redhead went up to him and broke the ice by telling him how much we were enjoying the new show. He was really nice! He took a few moments to talk with us and told is that the show was renewed. How much he loved working on it and the rest of the cast etc... We talked for maybe 5 minutes, he was very relaxed and not rushed at all. He told us he owned a home up there and was purchasing an antique bell for his kitchen.

Like I said, it was just a brief encounter, but because he was so NORMAL, it was very memorable.

Rest in Peace!

Wow. Only 61.

Emmy-winning actor Bill Paxton died due to complications from surgery, PEOPLE confirms.

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” a family representative said in a statement. “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

I had no idea he was that old. I guess when you only know them from movies, they stay young. I guess that's as close to immortality as one can hope for.

He was one of those underrated but great actors. I also read he was a very genuine friendly guy in person.
Sad. RIP I wonder what type of surgery it was.

New Topics

Forum List

Back