Bill O'reilly's Book On Patton Ignores Patton's Antisemitism

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Patton referred to the Jews as less than animals.

What Bill O Reilly ignored about George Patton - The Washington Post

It’s a fortunate thing that Bill O’Reilly’s latest book, “Killing Patton,” was written by him and not someone else. If not, O’Reilly would have taken the poor person apart, criticizing the book for its chaotic structure, its considerable padding and its repellent admiration of a war-loving martinet who fought the Nazis and really never understood why. George S. Patton stood almost shoulder to shoulder with them in his anti-Semitism — not that O’Reilly seems to have noticed or, for that matter, mentioned it in his book.

It is, of course, permissible to admire Patton for his generalship and astonishing bravery. It is even possible to give him a pass for some of the foolish things he said that were repeatedly getting him into trouble and finally caused Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower to effectively sack him. Even Patton’s likening some Nazis to Republican or Democratic apparatchiks, while tasteless and heroically impolitic, had an explicable context: Plenty of people became Nazis for career, rather than ideological, reasons.

Patton’s anti-Semitism is a different matter. As far as I know, he never made his views public, but he was repulsively candid in letters home to his wife, Beatrice, and in diary entries. What’s more, he acted on those views. It was Patton’s job after the defeat of Germany to run the displaced-persons (DP) camps in southern Germany, where he was commanding officer. In the view of some, including an outraged President Harry S. Truman, he treated these Holocaust survivors little better than the Nazis did.
<more>

Patton was a hero. Save your energy for the enemy.

Patton would have probably punched O'Reilly in the mouth if given the chance.

That article was written by a jewish journalist, at least everything I could find on him suggests he is Jewish as he never claims it, so he is trying to make another case for the anti Semitism, I don't know what to believe of course how could we, it amounts to who do you believe really .

The article also says:

The “military guard” that Truman mentioned was Patton’s idea. He had his reasons, Patton wrote in his diary: “If they [the Jewish DPs] were not kept under guard they would not stay in the camps, would spread over the country like locusts, and would eventually have to be rounded up after quite a few of them had been shot and quite a few Germans murdered and pillaged.” At least twice in his diary, Patton referred to the Jewish DPs as “animals.”

Now is that anti Semitism or a man giving his opinion , I'd say a man giving his opinion, not every ill word spoken about Jews is anti Semitism,

this anti Semitism name calling is something Zionist and some Jews use to intimidate everyone.

Patton referred to the Jews as less than animals.

What Bill O Reilly ignored about George Patton - The Washington Post

It’s a fortunate thing that Bill O’Reilly’s latest book, “Killing Patton,” was written by him and not someone else. If not, O’Reilly would have taken the poor person apart, criticizing the book for its chaotic structure, its considerable padding and its repellent admiration of a war-loving martinet who fought the Nazis and really never understood why. George S. Patton stood almost shoulder to shoulder with them in his anti-Semitism — not that O’Reilly seems to have noticed or, for that matter, mentioned it in his book.

It is, of course, permissible to admire Patton for his generalship and astonishing bravery. It is even possible to give him a pass for some of the foolish things he said that were repeatedly getting him into trouble and finally caused Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower to effectively sack him. Even Patton’s likening some Nazis to Republican or Democratic apparatchiks, while tasteless and heroically impolitic, had an explicable context: Plenty of people became Nazis for career, rather than ideological, reasons.

Patton’s anti-Semitism is a different matter. As far as I know, he never made his views public, but he was repulsively candid in letters home to his wife, Beatrice, and in diary entries. What’s more, he acted on those views. It was Patton’s job after the defeat of Germany to run the displaced-persons (DP) camps in southern Germany, where he was commanding officer. In the view of some, including an outraged President Harry S. Truman, he treated these Holocaust survivors little better than the Nazis did.
<more>
Patton was a useful evil. Anyone who leads men in battle has a side of him that has be inhumane. He also wasn't a political animal like Eisenhower or Truman.

War is cruel and inhumane and you need a common-sense approach without regard to your enemy's sensitivities.

Putting that aside, I don't give a damn about what his personal feelings were about this issue or that. He was a hero, and you're just trying to tear him down like your kind always does, at the very time you admire absolute monsters like Stalin or Mao.

That article was written by a jewish journalist, at least everything I could find on him suggests he is Jewish as he never claims it, so he is trying to make another case for the anti Semitism, I don't know what to believe of course how could we, it amounts to who do you believe really .

The article also says:

The “military guard” that Truman mentioned was Patton’s idea. He had his reasons, Patton wrote in his diary: “If they [the Jewish DPs] were not kept under guard they would not stay in the camps, would spread over the country like locusts, and would eventually have to be rounded up after quite a few of them had been shot and quite a few Germans murdered and pillaged.” At least twice in his diary, Patton referred to the Jewish DPs as “animals.”

Now is that anti Semitism or a man giving his opinion , I'd say a man giving his opinion, not every ill word spoken about Jews is anti Semitism,

this anti Semitism name calling is something Zionist and some Jews use to intimidate everyone.

White American men that were Patton's age in 1940's were often heavy smokers, drank like fish, misogynists, racists, and.......

Someone wants to also point out one was anti-Semitic.

Hey, news flash!

I don't recall Generals having ever been placed in commands based on their PCness and social sensitivity until recent times. Is there a point to the OP?

The article also says:

White American men that were Patton's age in 1940's were often heavy smokers, drank like fish, misogynists, racists, and.......

Hey, news flash!

Yes another Jew.

The article also says:

Hey, news flash!

Yes another Jew.

And your point is?

Should a black guy be pointing this out? Maybe an Asian? Native American? Catholic?

The article also says:

Hey, news flash!

Yes another Jew.

And your point is?

Should a black guy be pointing this out? Maybe an Asian? Native American? Catholic?

What does this have to do with this journalist pointing out how Patton was so anti Semitic? I believe Patton was allowed to his opinion without being called a name and titled as such.

The article also says:

Hey, news flash!

Yes another Jew.

And your point is?

What does this have to do with this journalist pointing out how Patton was so anti Semitic? I believe Patton was allowed to his opinion without being called a name and titled as such.

Not sure: Someone appears to believe the fact that "someone" was Jewish is relevant.

Patton was not "allowed" to do much. He did his own thing, until Ike threw a net over him.

O'Reilly addressed this on his show. The book is not an exploration of Patton's life. It addresses the mystery and controversy of his death. It's not a biography.

Have read pleanty of Jewish commentaries likening to the Jews murdered in death camps as animals and sheep for submitting to going in the first place. I wouldn't begrudge someone like Patton (who's a loon just for the reincarnation thing) for making a similar observation.

Could be worse. Coulda been a pedohpile like Gen. Monty.

"The "revelations" that Montgomery preferred the company of young staff officers to that of women have been around for a long time, and Hamilton himself referred to Monty's "romantic friendships with young boys" in the original book, specifically the 12-year-old Swiss lad Lucien Trueb "who engaged Monty's affectionate attention". The question Hamilton is really posing now is not whether Field Marshal Lord Montgomery of Alamein was gay, but whether he was a repressed paedophile."
The third sex that sustained the Empire - Telegraph

The point of this post, of course, is to imply that Bill O'Reilly/traditionalists/conservatives/Republicans are anti-Semitic racists.

The point of this post, of course, is to imply that Bill O'Reilly/traditionalists/conservatives/Republicans are anti-Semitic racists.

When you think about it, Republicans hate so many minorities, it's difficult to keep track of who they don't hate. It's a mistake anyone could make.

Patton was right that WWII was a strategic loss for the USA and Brits. Had he know that FDR and Truman were working for Stalin...well, maybe that why they assassinated him

Forum List

Back