Conservative Co School Board Member: Ap History Is Wrong, Us Ended Slavery 'voluntarily'

R

rdean

“I’ve spoken with some history professors with very impressive credentials who told me this new framework doesn’t surprise them and is aligned with the content of college level history courses that downplay our noble history and accentuate the negative view,” she continued.

“As an example, I note our slavery history,” Mazanec wrote. “Yes, we practiced slavery. But we also ended it voluntarily, at great sacrifice, while the practice continues in many countries still today! Shouldn’t our students be provided that viewpoint? This is part of the argument that America is exceptional. Does our APUSH Framework support or denigrate that position?”

Students and teachers have engaged in waves of civil disobedience to protest the white-washing of the AP curriculum. Teachers have walked out of classrooms and teachers have held mass sick-outs as gestures of defiance toward what many view as an outside attempt to inflict a conservative agenda on the state’s education system.

Conservative CO school board member AP history is wrong US ended slavery 8216 voluntarily 8217

http://coloradoindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/pam-m-facebook-1.jpg
(screen capture of her comments)

school board ending slavery voluntarily - Google Search
------------------------------------------------------

This is why I always add so many links, because at the USMB, you get swarmed with right wingers who insist you are a liar and can't prove anything.

Someone wrote that for Right Wingers, "AP" stands for "American Propaganda".

Why don't you specify what is inaccurate in that statement instead of screeching about its politically incorrect subject matter?

Why don't you specify what is inaccurate in that statement instead of screeching about its politically incorrect subject matter?

Us Ended Slavery 'voluntarily'

Gee, I'm sorry. I didn't think I needed to. Especially since we had a "Civil War".
But you are correct. People who will make such a statement, will wonder what's wrong with saying something others might see as, well, as, I don't know? Insane?.

On the other hand, perhaps their school didn't teach history when they were growing up.

But it seems with movies like "Gone with the Wind" and TV series like, "North and South", you almost can't escape knowing there was a Civil War" and the circumstances surrounding it.

Us Ended Slavery 'voluntarily'

Gee, I'm sorry. I didn't think I needed to. Especially since we had a "Civil War".
But you are correct. People who will make such a statement, will wonder what's wrong with saying something others might see as, well, as, I don't know? Insane?.

On the other hand, perhaps their school didn't teach history when they were growing up.

But it seems with movies like "Gone with the Wind" and TV series like, "North and South", you almost can't escape knowing there was a Civil War" and the circumstances surrounding it.

Problem with reading comprehension?

well if not true how the fxxk did it end?

the left can't help trying to rewrite OUR HISTORY and spread so much untruths while doing it

sick freaks tearing this country apart

the left can't help trying to rewrite OUR HISTORY and spread so much untruths while doing it

How did the Civil War end?

Um,

The North won and forced the south give up their slaves.

vol·un·tary
vä-lən-ˌter-ē\
: done or given because you want to and not because you are forced to : done or given by choice

I figure the Civil War was a conflict between the Agrarian and the Industrial cultures. Industry won. Slavery was a side bar issue.

How many of our 57 states were involved in the Civil War?

Juneteenth!
4dd453c0a48b06205dd7f1752bdcbff62ac269db2d1a5fd5794e7fbf39ed880c.jpg

How many of our 57 states were involved in the Civil War?
Hilarious that you quote someone who was exhausted and in the middle of a campaign as opposed to a Republican who actually sits on a school board and wants a balanced view taught. A "balance" between ignorance and facts.

No foreign country forced the US to end slavery; however the British ended slavery in Africa, for the most part, by using their navy to end the transatlantic slave trade and their army to over throw African slave kingdoms.

How did the Civil War end?

Um,

The North won and forced the south give up their slaves.

vol·un·tary
vä-lən-ˌter-ē\
: done or given because you want to and not because you are forced to : done or given by choice

Um,

The last time I checked, the North and the South were part of the same country. Obviously, the majority favored ending slavery. Does your definition of "voluntary" require unanimous approval? If so, no country has ever taken any voluntary action.

Schools are political institutions, as political as a City Council and run by state school boards as political as state legislatures, and, we the public, are expecting education to have a priority in those political hot boxes. How naive of us. Schools are political animals with politics the governing issue, and education as distant second issues.

Forum List

Back