Bill Maher on the CO shootings

What the shootings across the board (i.e. gabby giffords, etc.) prove to me is that the NRA has wayy too much control over what was once our govt and are no different than any other mega-corporation.

It absolutely horrible that the NRA advocate legal and responsible gun owner ship as guranteed by our constitution. Ask Eric holder about responsible gun owner ship he engineer the sales of thousands of weapons to known crooks. That is what you get with Obama.

Check out Bill Maher's tweet page on the CO shootings. This guy is a real POS.

Pig Maher: Aurora shooting proves America sucks | Twitchy

I love how practially NONE of the CON$ understand what Maher is trying to say.

I guy walk into a theater with 2 pistols, a shotun, explosives, chemical gas, gas mask, and an ar-15 assult rife.

CON$ that next day, "Nothing to do with gun-control!!, no siree, gun-control reform would have no impact on this,nope!"

Was just watching on CNN when they interviewed the local hospital. Know what nearly all the patients had? Gun shot wounds.

They have gun control in the UK.... lots of gun control. And yet, they still get shootings. Go figure.

What the shootings across the board (i.e. gabby giffords, etc.) prove to me is that the NRA has wayy too much control over what was once our govt and are no different than any other mega-corporation.

The NRA has nothing to do with this in case anyone has missed it other than one speeding ticket this guy had a spotless criminal record no history of violence or any known mental problems with that he could have passed any background check out there needed to legally purchase a gun with flying colors. Background checks and waiting periods can prevent some gun violence mainly crimes of passion but it would not stop a guy like this who spent months planning this attack.

The NRA has nothing to do with this in case anyone has missed it other than one speeding ticket this guy had a spotless criminal record no history of violence or any known mental problems with that he could have passed any background check out there needed to legally purchase a gun with flying colors. Background checks and waiting periods can prevent some gun violence mainly crimes of passion but it would not stop a guy like this who spent months planning this attack.

He might have been prevented from buying an assault rifle and tear gas.

Check out Bill Maher's tweet page on the CO shootings. This guy is a real POS.

Pig Maher: Aurora shooting proves America sucks | Twitchy

I guy walk into a theater with 2 pistols, a shotun, explosives, chemical gas, gas mask, and an ar-15 assult rife.

CON$ that next day, "Nothing to do with gun-control!!, no siree, gun-control reform would have no impact on this,nope!"

Was just watching on CNN when they interviewed the local hospital. Know what nearly all the patients had? Gun shot wounds.

They have gun control in the UK.... lots of gun control. And yet, they still get shootings. Go figure.

I always hear about terrorist attacks in London, when was the last shooting massacre in a movie theater or school there?

He might have been prevented from buying an assault rifle and tear gas.
Maybe we will never know how ever you can buy a semi automatic and with a little online research turn it into a full auto I don't know if bought the tear gas or did that himself that is something else you can probably find out how to do online as well. This is a problem that has really not been discussed much in regards to attacks like this the amount of information one can find online about how to make things you need or get them.

You opened the door, pal. You seem comfortable blaming lawlessness on the NRA....

It's not "lawlessness" per se..it's access to some very dangerous weapons to some very dangerous indivduals.

I have no idea why the NRA favors assault rifles, giving felons, terrorists and lunatics guns, access to these gun, and letting the same folks have access to explosives.

But there it is.

Even going by there definition of the 2nd amendment (which I think is completely incorrect), all rights, have limits.

Even if you don't favor laws that allow just anyone to purchase an assault weapon or even any kind of gun, people have ways of acquiring them. Gangs buy them off the street or steal them, psychos go to gun shows and just put their money down..

The NRA makes a lot of money off of gun nuts, they are not likely to change their stance on this anytime soon.

At the very least, possesion of any kind of unregistered weapon should be backed with harsh penalties and fees. Assault weapons are a category all their own. We're talking public safety here, time for the NRA silliness to stop or be stopped.

Can I just interject the reality of it. There is no way to stop this kind of incident. The Brits tried banning guns. Guess what? They still get shootings. They still had a whackjob go around randomly killing people... You're being sold a lie. Believe it if you choose to but at least recognize that it's bullshit.

I always hear about terrorist attacks in London, when was the last shooting massacre in a movie theater or school there?

School.... Dunblaine.

Movie theater... none that I know of.

Whackjob gunman randomly shooting innocent people... Hungerford, Cumbria... they have them here too. And guns are banned there.

You 'always' here about terrorist attacks? Really? The last one was in 2005. 7 July to be precise. Nothing since. You're getting hysterical again, G.

Last edited:

Idiot.

The fact is: if some of the moviegoers had been packing a concealed gun, the "Joker" could have been shot right in his lunatic skull.

The fact that we have such massive gun control that nobody could even have the option of firing back may have caused more deaths.

I'm not even a huge gun rights supporter. But it really should start to dawn on some of the Mayor McNanny types types that "gun control" is a problem, not the solution.

It's not "lawlessness" per se..it's access to some very dangerous weapons to some very dangerous indivduals.

I have no idea why the NRA favors assault rifles, giving felons, terrorists and lunatics guns, access to these gun, and letting the same folks have access to explosives.

But there it is.

Even going by there definition of the 2nd amendment (which I think is completely incorrect), all rights, have limits.

Even if you don't favor laws that allow just anyone to purchase an assault weapon or even any kind of gun, people have ways of acquiring them. Gangs buy them off the street or steal them, psychos go to gun shows and just put their money down..

The NRA makes a lot of money off of gun nuts, they are not likely to change their stance on this anytime soon.

At the very least, possesion of any kind of unregistered weapon should be backed with harsh penalties and fees. Assault weapons are a category all their own. We're talking public safety here, time for the NRA silliness to stop or be stopped.

Can I just interject the reality of it. There is no way to stop this kind of incident. The Brits tried banning guns. Guess what? They still get shootings. They still had a whackjob go around randomly killing people... You're being sold a lie. Believe it if you choose to but at least recognize that it's bullshit.

I asked a specific question regarding gun nuts shooting up schools, military bases, movie theaters, one even went to Amish country and shot a classroom full of little babies. How many of those do you get in the UK?

There is some bullshit peddaling around here today for sure. There is very immediate and easy access to guns for all and it is supported by the NRA. Who then supports the NRA?

Republicans.

Idiot.

The fact is: if some of the moviegoers had been packing a concealed gun, the "Joker" could have been shot right in his lunatic skull.

The fact that we have such massive gun control that nobody could even have the option of firing back may have caused more deaths.

I'm not even a huge gun rights supporter. But it really should start to dawn on some of the Mayor McNanny types types that "gun control" is a problem, not the solution.

In all that smoke and chaos, many more would have died and been injured if yet another nut pulled a gun and started firing.. That was a crazy argument.

I asked a specific question regarding gun nuts shooting up schools, military bases, movie theaters, one even went to Amish country and shot a classroom full of little babies. How many of those do you get in the UK?

There is some bullshit peddaling around here today for sure. There is very immediate and easy access to guns for all and it is supported by the NRA. Who then supports the NRA?

Republicans.

Just a couple of weeks ago - very close to me - some guy walked into a law firm and shot a lawyer... Guns are banned here.

Last year, some guy wandered around a town and randomly shot people. Quite a few died... Guns are banned here.

Some guy went around Hungerford randomly shooting people.... quite a few died. Guns are banned here.

Dunblaine... some guy walked into a primary (kindergarten) school and shot kids and a teacher.

See a pattern emerging G? Banning guns will NOT solve this. Nothing will. Every country in Europe has the same kind of scenarios... Norway, Germany, France, Italy... all have had incidents of shootings - regardless of gun control.

Support gun control if you want - but don't pretend it's gonna fix this. It isn't.

For the record, to a large degree, I would like to see some kind of control on guns in the US. I'm not a gun nut... but I am a supporter of the Constitution. And, given that someone somewhere is gonna go nutz with a gun, I'd rather be able to defend myself rather than make like a sitting duck.

Last edited:

Idiot.

In all that smoke and chaos, many more would have died and been injured if yet another nut pulled a gun and started firing.. That was a crazy argument.

Just what do you think a police office would of done if they had been there? you going to call them NUTS too?
most people who have concealed gun permits are trained with the USE of guns..
just because you might not like guns, doesn't mean everyone who uses or carries them are NUTS
sheesh

Last edited:
Idiot.

Just what do you think a police office would of done if they had been there? you going to call them NUTS too?
sheesh

That shooter was protected from head to toe. Those movie patrons had no choice but to wait until that guy ran out of bullets or he left. One victim said he was there for 10 minutes shooting.

Once again, you have no idea of what they went through. You wanted there to be more shooters there? Amazing..

sheesh

That shooter was protected from head to toe. Those movie patrons had no choice but to wait until that guy ran out of bullets or he left. One victim said he was there for 10 minutes shooting.

Once again, you have no idea of what they went through. You wanted there to be more shooters there? Amazing..

you're too emotional to discuss this rationally
whatever, if someone there had had a gun on them they might of been able to stop the it sooner, YOU DON'T know

Last edited:

Forum List

Back