Bill Maher is a racist

i'm having a hard time understanding what statement shows Maher to be a racist - because the quote in the op does no such thing.

Since every time a conservative criticizes Obama, they get called a racist, the same works the other way around.
:cuckoo: Sad.

I agree. It was sad that the left chose to make Obama's skin color a weapon against their opponents. And, I dislike the tactic from either side... but I will not criticize the right for doing what the left have done since Obama announced he was running. It's sickening to call someone a racist for political point scoring but we didn't make the rules. We're playing by yours. (By 'we' I mean the right, by 'yours' I mean the lefts - not you as an individual)

OK using that logic Bill Maher is.

but you haven't shown anything to back up that claim.

and i don't know what 'logic' you're talking about. if i claim there are racist members of the tea party it's easy enough to find pictures of signs and comments and emails to back that up.

you claim that maher is a racist. back that up.

Nor have the liberals shown anything racist that the TEA party is supposd to have commited. Just a few off the wall comments. I'm not slinging the racist brush over all liberals. unlike what libeals do. I painting Bill Maher for the racist he is.
you can argue that those comments and signs are not indicative of the tea party movement as a whole - that they are anomalies and isolated incidents. but the fact remains that's an argument that can be made on the facts.

you claim Maher is a racist - yet your only offered proof is a quote in which maher correctly identifies cain as the former head of godfather's pizza.

what part of that statement is the racist part, and is that really your only evidence? if it is, you're presenting a very poor case.

Since every time a conservative criticizes Obama, they get called a racist, the same works the other way around.

I agree. It was sad that the left chose to make Obama's skin color a weapon against their opponents. And, I dislike the tactic from either side... but I will not criticize the right for doing what the left have done since Obama announced he was running. It's sickening to call someone a racist for political point scoring but we didn't make the rules. We're playing by yours. (By 'we' I mean the right, by 'yours' I mean the lefts - not you as an individual)

On my behalf I am not brushing the whole liberal base a racist, unlike what they have done. I'm just calling the one who made he comment a racist

but you haven't shown anything to back up that claim.

and i don't know what 'logic' you're talking about. if i claim there are racist members of the tea party it's easy enough to find pictures of signs and comments and emails to back that up.

you claim that maher is a racist. back that up.

Nor have the liberals shown anything racist that the TEA party is supposd to have commited. Just a few off the wall comments. I'm not slinging the racist brush over all liberals. unlike what libeals do. I painting Bill Maher for the racist he is.
you can argue that those comments and signs are not indicative of the tea party movement as a whole - that they are anomalies and isolated incidents. but the fact remains that's an argument that can be made on the facts.

you claim Maher is a racist - yet your only offered proof is a quote in which maher correctly identifies cain as the former head of godfather's pizza.

what part of that statement is the racist part, and is that really your only evidence? if it is, you're presenting a very poor case.

What part of the TEA party is racist? Bill Maher could have said Herman Cain did anything including being a millionaire but he didn't he went after the service industry.

What part of the TEA party is racist? Bill Maher could have said Herman Cain did anything including being a millionaire but he didn't he went after the service industry.
there have been many examples of racist emails, signs, and comments that have been made by prominent people in the tea party. whether or not you believe those to be indicative of the tea party as a whole is a matter for debate but the evidence can be shown and debated - however that is not what the this thread is about.

this thread is about your claim that maher is a racist. to support that you now say he 'went after' the service industry. in what way did he attack the service industry? or are you saying that accurately naming cain as the former head of godfather's pizza is inherently racist?

"And I think it already has sent a wave of approbation and admiration in many countries around the world, just knowing that this black boy who grew up with just a loving mother and grandparents -- and that was about all he had to start with -- does now have a chance to become the nominee of the Democratic Party for president." Jimmy carter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo666foKnHs]YouTube - Jimmy Carter calls Obama "BOY"[/ame]

i'm having a hard time understanding what statement shows Maher to be a racist - because the quote in the op does no such thing.

I know it's sad because you enjoy calling people racists, but turnabout is fair play. As the board's leading Closet Racist, I would think you would understand this.

you at least have some sort of evidence - but if we're going to paint every comedian that makes an off color joke using racial stereotypes as a racist we're going to be calling out an awful lot of people.
Ahhh. The ol' "But it was a JOKE!!" defense.

Can you explain to me the "joke" in Maher's rant against Muslims? Because I can't find the punchline.

It's racist to think a black person can only do service work for a living.

“Herman Cain, I never heard of this guy, but apparently he ran Godfather’s Pizza, and Republicans say they love him so they’re not racist — right.” Bill Maher

A Black Mark For The Democrats | Personal Liberty Digest[P11636678]&rrid=238509305

He's a liberal. All liberals are racist.

He is not. He has always claimed - and his statements back him up IMO - to being a libertarian...

you at least have some sort of evidence - but if we're going to paint every comedian that makes an off color joke using racial stereotypes as a racist we're going to be calling out an awful lot of people.

Can you explain to me the "joke" in Maher's rant against Muslims? Because I can't find the punchline.
i'm unfamiliar with the rant you're speaking of.

and yes, your first quoted comment was a joke. may not have been one you found funny or enjoyed, but it was very clearly intended as a humorous statement.

i'm unfamiliar with the rant you're speaking of.
The second link I posted.
and yes, your first quoted comment was a joke. may not have been one you found funny or enjoyed, but it was very clearly intended as a humorous statement.
Yeah. Can you imagine the liberal outrage if Larry the Cable Guy had said the exact same thing?

It's racist to think a black person can only do service work for a living.

“Herman Cain, I never heard of this guy, but apparently he ran Godfather’s Pizza, and Republicans say they love him so they’re not racist — right.” Bill Maher

A Black Mark For The Democrats | Personal Liberty Digest[P11636678]&rrid=238509305

He's a liberal. All liberals are racist.

He is not. He has always claimed - and his statements back him up IMO - to being a libertarian...

You cannot be a libertarian and support obama. That just isn't possible.

Nope just Bill Maher. I try not to base the whole group because of the words and deeds of one person.

Forum List

Back