Bill Maher Absolutely Crushes Charlie Rose For Comparing Islam To Christianity

One of the ways you can tell that the RWs here have never watched Maher is that they don't know he has no affection for the religion of Islam. None at all. They also don't know what he really says about god.

He was his usual funny, ascerbic self last night, live on his show followed by live stand up in DC.

Dealt with the idiot tee potty heckler quite well.

And the bit with the boy scout helping the little old lady across the street was a hoot.

synthy is a liberal. get your facts straight.
Why don't you just say what you are trying to say instead of making us guess what you mean?

I think people here already know I'm a Liberal.

obviously luddly didn't know, he called you a RW
No, she was talking TO me about RWers.

One of the ways you can tell that the RWs here have never watched Maher is that they don't know he has no affection for the religion of Islam. None at all. They also don't know what he really says about god.

He was his usual funny, ascerbic self last night, live on his show followed by live stand up in DC.

And the bit with the boy scout helping the little old lady across the street was a hoot.

synthy is a liberal. get your facts straight.
Why don't you just say what you are trying to say instead of making us guess what you mean?

I think people here already know I'm a Liberal.

obviously luddly didn't know, he called you a RW
And I am a RW - a Real Winner!

This thread illustrates so well that liberals have very diverse opinions which is one thing that sets them apart from conservatives. Whether the issue is race, religion, healthcare, or the economy, liberals have diverse views. That diversity is both their strength and their weakness.

Unlike many liberals, Bill Maher has little tolerance for Muslims because he has little tolerance for any religion. He hates Islam just as much as much as he hates Christianity. He has no favorites when it comes to religion.

It's better to go to the link and watch the short video.

Bill is correct, as always.

BTW - that link, and that headline is from....FOXNATION.com!
4i6Ckte.gif
Actually Maher is wrong on this, Rose's poor performance notwithstanding; Maher's argument fails as a fallacy, a gross over-generalization of a complex religious, cultural, and social issue.

The vast majority of Muslims do not support the radical extremism practiced by the criminals and terrorists who are incidentally Muslim, nor does Islamic doctrine or dogma condone such practices – as indeed Islamic leaders around the world have condemned the violence.

Moreover, most of the practices that exist in the 'Islamic world,' such as the treatment of women and criminals, predate Islam, and reflect ancient cultural and social practices that are not necessarily Islamic.

The fact that there are millions of Muslims in North America, Europe, the Indian Subcontinent, and Southeast Asia who do not practice the violence and extremism of the radicals renders the notion that Islam is an 'evil religion' objectively incorrect.

This thread illustrates so well that liberals have very diverse opinions which is one thing that sets them apart from conservatives. Whether the issue is race, religion, healthcare, or the economy, liberals have diverse views. That diversity is both their strength and their weakness.

Unlike many liberals, Bill Maher has little tolerance for Muslims because he has little tolerance for any religion. He hates Islam just as much as much as he hates Christianity. He has no favorites when it comes to religion.
And Maher is just as wrong with regard to his hatred of Christianity as Islam.

It's better to go to the link and watch the short video.

Bill is correct, as always.

BTW - that link, and that headline is from....FOXNATION.com!
4i6Ckte.gif
Actually Maher is wrong on this, Rose's poor performance notwithstanding; Maher's argument fails as a fallacy, a gross over-generalization of a complex religious, cultural, and social issue.

The vast majority of Muslims do not support the radical extremism practiced by the criminals and terrorists who are incidentally Muslim, nor does Islamic doctrine or dogma condone such practices – as indeed Islamic leaders around the world have condemned the violence.

Moreover, most of the practices that exist in the 'Islamic world,' such as the treatment of women and criminals, predate Islam, and reflect ancient cultural and social practices that are not necessarily Islamic.

The fact that there are millions of Muslims in North America, Europe, the Indian Subcontinent, and Southeast Asia who do not practice the violence and extremism of the radicals renders the notion that Islam is an 'evil religion' objectively incorrect.
I don't believe he said they did.

He pointed out that the Koran advocated violence on practically every page.

And Maher is just as wrong with regard to his hatred of Christianity as Islam.
Considering he's an outspoken atheist, his disdain for all religions is certainly understandable.

I know all about Bill Maher.

Rose is an imbecile. Maher is a theological dunce. They're both illiberal statist bootlicks.

In the meantime, this nation was founded on the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought, the classical liberalism of the Anglo-American tradition.

You're confusing the pilgrims with the founders of the United States of America.

The pilgrims did found and establish a christian theocratic colony of England. With the king and the christian church controlling the colonies.

That was in the 1600s. The next century the liberal decedents of those pilgrims didn't want to live in a theocratic monarchy. They declared independence from England and fought a war for their freedom.

When they won, they created a secular nation with church and state separate. They named that nation The United States of America.

I'm surprised you didn't learn that in school.

You don't know what you're talking about. You don't know the history of ideas and events.

Pilgrims?! LOL!

Ever heard of John Locke, the Father of Classical Liberalism?

How about "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among them are the right to life, to liberty and to the pursuit of happiness"?

Jefferson is paraphrasing Locke's triadic construct life, liberty and property, wherein "pursuit of happiness" is a term of art, not originated by Jefferson, by the way, that refers to the principle of private property, which goes to the ownership of one's own self and the fruits of one's labor.

Locke extrapolated his theory of government and labor theory of property from . . . Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought. His Two Treatises of Civil Government is systematically predicated on scripture as the ontological justification for his sociopolitical and economic theory, and his annunciation of natural law harks back to the Augustinian tradition, that of the great theologian.
A most excellent comeback, M.D.

A significant source of ideas and attitudes of the American Revolutionary generation stemmed from the political and social theories of New England Puritanism and covenant theology. The elaborate system of thought shaping Calvinism and Protestantism in America and punctuated by a succession of writers and Enlightenment preachers inspired confidence in the colonists that events in America were cosmic, that America's destiny was designed by God.

That the government that the British Americans created for themselves was not a theocracy takes nothing away from the foundational underpinnings of that government - not classical antiquity, not Enlightenment Rationalism, not the English common law, and not Christianity. All the colonists - the great majority of whom emigrated for economic reasons rather than religious ones - established colonies with allegiances to the English monarchy. When someone singles out Puritans for doing that, we can be sure that he's just a liberal hack.

Islam and Sharia law have no history in the decades our revolution, because, as Bill Maher implies, who for once was right, Islam does not recognize the natural law.

The United States was and still is, by and large, a Christian nation.

Last edited:

Rose is an imbecile. Maher is a theological dunce. They're both illiberal statist bootlicks.

In the meantime, this nation was founded on the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought, the classical liberalism of the Anglo-American tradition.

You're confusing the pilgrims with the founders of the United States of America.

The pilgrims did found and establish a christian theocratic colony of England. With the king and the christian church controlling the colonies.

That was in the 1600s. The next century the liberal decedents of those pilgrims didn't want to live in a theocratic monarchy. They declared independence from England and fought a war for their freedom.

When they won, they created a secular nation with church and state separate. They named that nation The United States of America.

You don't know what you're talking about. You don't know the history of ideas and events.

Pilgrims?! LOL!

Ever heard of John Locke, the Father of Classical Liberalism?

How about "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among them are the right to life, to liberty and to the pursuit of happiness"?

Jefferson is paraphrasing Locke's triadic construct life, liberty and property, wherein "pursuit of happiness" is a term of art, not originated by Jefferson, by the way, that refers to the principle of private property, which goes to the ownership of one's own self and the fruits of one's labor.

Locke extrapolated his theory of government and labor theory of property from . . . Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought. His Two Treatises of Civil Government is systematically predicated on scripture as the ontological justification for his sociopolitical and economic theory, and his annunciation of natural law harks back to the Augustinian tradition, that of the great theologian.

I know who John Locke is.

I'm a life long liberal.

I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I misread your post. I thought you were saying that America was founded on christianity.

I was pointing out that the colony that the pilgrims founded was a theocratic monarchy. That the United States isn't.

If that were true why did the founders think it was important to have a congressional CHRISTIAN chaplain? That was one of the first votes of the new government.

What does a chaplain have to do with the constitution or the business of America? So they have a chaplain to say a prayer. That doesn't mean that our nation was founded on christianity or we're a theocratic nation.

If the founders of America wanted a theocratic nation they wouldn't have written the first Amendment.

Nor would congress have unanimously passed the Treaty of Tripoli. The very first sentence of that agreement states very clearly that America isn't founded on christianity.

The people who you posted about fought with England against the founders of America. Those who wanted America to remain a theocratic monarchy of England were the torries or conservatives.

We have never been a secular nation .This is liberal propaganda that started in the 60's and is not true. Our History proves that we have always been a Christian Nation with Freedom to worship as we please or not to and that our Government is to make no laws in regards to our religious freedom.
Never were we to take our worship of God out of our Government.
This country was founded overwhelmingly by men and women steeped in the Bible. Their moral values emanated from the Bible, and they regarded liberty as possible only if understood as given by God. That is why the Liberty Bell's inscription is from the Old Testament, and why Thomas Jefferson, the allegedly non-religious deist, wrote (as carved into the Jefferson Memorial): "God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?"
The evidence is overwhelming that the Founders were religious people who wanted a religious country that enshrined liberty for all its citizens, including those of different religions and those of no faith.

Last edited:

If that were true why did the founders think it was important to have a congressional CHRISTIAN chaplain? That was one of the first votes of the new government.

What does a chaplain have to do with the constitution or the business of America? So they have a chaplain to say a prayer. That doesn't mean that our nation was founded on christianity or we're a theocratic nation.

If the founders of America wanted a theocratic nation they wouldn't have written the first Amendment.

Nor would congress have unanimously passed the Treaty of Tripoli. The very first sentence of that agreement states very clearly that America isn't founded on christianity.

The people who you posted about fought with England against the founders of America. Those who wanted America to remain a theocratic monarchy of England were the torries or conservatives.
You don't know half of the shit that you pretend to know.
The founders voted on who would be the first congressional chaplain. It was one of the first things they voted on as a governing body. If they were has you say they were we would not have a congressional chaplain
As for the treaty of tripoli. The scribe who wrote the treaty into Arabic tweak the words
Again if the founders were as you say they were WE WOULD NOT HAVE A CHRISTIAN CONGRESSIONAL CHAPLAIN
Read that last part slowly and let that sponge soak the knowledge in.

You don't know half of the shit that you pretend to know.
The founders voted on who would be the first congressional chaplain. It was one of the first things they voted on as a governing body. If they were has you say they were we would not have a congressional chaplain
As for the treaty of tripoli. The scribe who wrote the treaty into Arabic tweak the words
Again if the founders were as you say they were WE WOULD NOT HAVE A CHRISTIAN CONGRESSIONAL CHAPLAIN
Read that last part slowly and let that sponge soak the knowledge in.
Liberals wet themselves because an Imam never led the Congressional invocations.

No it doesn't. It's in article 11.
TREATY OF TRIPOLI
ARTICLE 11.
As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

You do not have to be a Christian in order to become a public servant for our Government.
Everyone in this Nation has the freedom to worship how they please or not to at all.
We have always had Christian (morals and principle) values - that there is always a right and a wrong and that there is good and evil. This was a unity that we used to have among all of Americans and you did not have to believe in God, but still had these principals. Without these basic principals you can not have a free nation and Government then steps in and becomes the controller.
For this reason is why we were never a secular nation.

Christianity had its periods of murder and genocide to help it get to where it is now.

And yet, Christians mock Islam for doing the same.
it's the 21 century genius not the middle ages....You liberals are so pathetic:cuckoo:
Islam is only 1500 years old.

How were Christians behaving 1500 years after Christ?
Using your retard logic, Scientologists should be totally justified if they want to go start crucifying people in public. You are fucking stupid. :lol:

We have never been a secular nation .This is liberal propaganda that started in the 60's and is not true. Our History proves that we have always been a Christian Nation with Freedom to worship as we please or not to and that our Government is to make no laws in regards to our religious freedom.
Never were we to take our worship of God out of our Government.
This country was founded overwhelmingly by men and women steeped in the Bible. Their moral values emanated from the Bible, and they regarded liberty as possible only if understood as given by God. That is why the Liberty Bell's inscription is from the Old Testament, and why Thomas Jefferson, the allegedly non-religious deist, wrote (as carved into the Jefferson Memorial): "God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?"
The evidence is overwhelming that the Founders were religious people who wanted a religious country that enshrined liberty for all its citizens, including those of different religions and those of no faith.

The post right before yours mentions the Treaty of Tripoli. Are you familiar with it's opening line?

"As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The preliminary treaty began with a signing on 4 November, 1796 (the end of George Washington's last term as president).

Washington revealed almost nothing to indicate his spiritual frame of mind, hardly a mark of a devout Christian. In his thousands of letters, the name of Jesus Christ never appears. He rarely spoke about his religion, but his Freemasonry experience points to a belief in deism. Washington's initiation occurred at the Fredericksburg Lodge on 4 November 1752, later becoming a Master mason in 1799, and remained a freemason until he died.

To the United Baptist Churches in Virginia in May, 1789, Washington said that every man "ought to be protected in worshipping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience."

After Washington's death, Dr. Abercrombie, a friend of his, replied to a Dr. Wilson, who had interrogated him about Washington's religion replied, "Sir, Washington was a Deist."

Even most Christians do not consider Jefferson a Christian. In many of his letters, he denounced the superstitions of Christianity. He did not believe in spiritual souls, angels or godly miracles. Although Jefferson did admire the morality of Jesus, Jefferson did not think him divine, nor did he believe in the Trinity or the miracles of Jesus. In a letter to Peter Carr, 10 August 1787, he wrote, "Question with boldness even the existence of a god."

Forum List

Back