Biggest lie of the decade, and ...........

No, they don't. I was just thinking the other day that when someone dies in a car accident who was not wearing a seatbelt, the news report always says so. But they never say, if someone dies in a car accident who was wearing a seatbelt: "So and So died at the scene, and was wearing a seat belt..." People have had their livers destroyed all due to seatbelts slicing through their bodies.

I hate the damned things and put one on (with a binder clip holding it loosely) only because if I'm stopped, I would have to pay a $300 fine if I wasn't buckled up. I have a front airbag and a side airbag, so I don't think I'm going anywhere during a serious crash.

I was in a wreck back in 92. Broke my femur, my left arm in two places, broke my entire bottom half of my face, blah blah. I know for a fact seat belts saves lives.
It didn't save you from being a vegetable.

Wow....good one. Seriously, that is the brightest, most articulate post I have seen in a long time. Nice job. You rule. You are the best. Wow. King kong aint got nothing on you. Unbelievable. :doubt:

Last edited:
No, they don't. I was just thinking the other day that when someone dies in a car accident who was not wearing a seatbelt, the news report always says so. But they never say, if someone dies in a car accident who was wearing a seatbelt: "So and So died at the scene, and was wearing a seat belt..." People have had their livers destroyed all due to seatbelts slicing through their bodies.

I hate the damned things and put one on (with a binder clip holding it loosely) only because if I'm stopped, I would have to pay a $300 fine if I wasn't buckled up. I have a front airbag and a side airbag, so I don't think I'm going anywhere during a serious crash.

I was in a wreck back in 92. Broke my femur, my left arm in two places, broke my entire bottom half of my face, blah blah. I know for a fact seat belts saves lives.

I wear mine, just not so effing tight that it restricts my regular breathing. That said, I was in a bad accident in 1984, broke my right arm and right leg, but my 72 Impala was totalled, from the front. I never wore a seatbelt back then. When I eventually went out to the wrecking yard to see the damage, the steering wheel had been completely bent around to the left of the driver's seat, and the police were bewildered as to why I had no physical damage to my chest and face. After that, I had to believe there are Guardian Angels who decide whether or not man-made protections help.

I told you about my little fender bender. I was in the navy at the time and the first question the investigator asked was whether or not I had on my seat belt. You see, in the service, they did a lot of studies that proved seat belt saved lives and if you wrecked without one on, you are not covered by anything. All the destruction done to your body is on you.

Question 1.....seat belt
Question 2.....was he drinking

I was good on both so the Navy paid Scripps hosipial a little over 900k for me. Guess how much it cost me....not a dime. It cost me a signature, thats it. I love the Navy. I thought about that later and if the accident happened to me in the civilian world, and I had to pay even 10% of that bill, that would have sucked. Basically, thats a house in Arizona right now.

Seatblelts saves lives. I really, honestly do not care if you don't wear one because the only damage that can happen will be to you. Go ahead and think Karma, some divine intervention or a guardian angel will take care of you in a head on collision. Good luck. The only thing is, I hope you are not spewing this to any young impressionable person near you. That would be sad.

Last edited:
See how they fight science.
See how they create "science"?
They have to fight against higher education and call it all biased to defend their failed ideas.
They fill tenured professorships with liberal cronies.
They have to deny science to defend their failed ideas.
They have to corrupt science to support their lies.
They have to yell at anyone who recounts recent history to defend their failed ideas.
They ignore repeated recounts of past history.
They have to smear the majority of news outlets to defend their failed ideas.
They "own" the majority of news outlets and want to silence the one's they can't control.
They have to lie about war hereos to defend their failed ideas.
What few war heroes they have lie about what they did.
Why a person would do all this to defend ideas that have failed now twice in modern history?
Why a person would favor policies that have ruined other countries is beyond comprehension.
Why not just move on to better ideas?
Like getting rid of the Marxist Boy King.

See how they fight science.

They have to fight against higher education and call it all biased to defend their failed ideas.

They have to deny science to defend their failed ideas.

They have to yell at anyone who recounts recent history to defend their failed ideas.

They have to smear the majority of news outlets to defend their failed ideas.

They have to lie about war hereos to defend their failed ideas.

Why a person would do all this to defend ideas that have failed now twice in modern history?

Why not just move on to better ideas?

Hide the Decline is the one and only true science! Heretics must be punished!

All Hail the Great Climatic Googly Moogly!

GlobalWarmerCoolering is for real!
Haven't heard from Al lately. How about you?

It's NOT global warming.... they changed the terminology when they realized they couldn't back it up... it's 'climate change' now.

Yeah similar to why libs prefer to be called progressives.

being called a liberal is too embarrassing. :lol:

And whose fault is that? It's the same as you folks not liking to be called "neocons" anymore.
I don't mind what you call me. Calling me something doesn't mean that's what I am. It's what I claim to be that I am. I am a judgmental, compassionate, conservative hawk and would kill in a flash to protect the innocent and the freedoms we rightfully have.

They also lie about cigarettes causing cancer

Seatbelts dont save lives either.

I'll search for the video that convinced me to buckle up. A friend showed it to me once and it is graphic. Another friend went through the windshield and is totally useless now. It's when people get ejected that they usually sustain injuries they'd likely not have had they stayed with the seat.

Maggie it will take us - no matter what we do the better part of 4 decades to significantly wean ourselves even partially from oil and maybe longer. For instance there are two major sources of hydrogen water and oil which do you think we should use for those hydrogen powered cars that are just over the horizon?

When it comes to energy it's all about trade offs. Wind mills? How much damage are you willing to do to the environment mining the necessary iron and milling the necessary steel?

Solar farms? Right now the least efficient means of popwer generation in terms of space needed per killowat of power generated. And almost nothing you want will grow under a solar panel.
We could cover roofs with panels for decades before we had to cover any planting areas.

We could catch rainwater and store heat in it. We could make ice at night and use it to cool things in the day.

We could build nuclear plants.

We could drill for our own oil.

We could stop insisting the air be conditioned everywhere we go.

I wear mine, just not so effing tight that it restricts my regular breathing. That said, I was in a bad accident in 1984, broke my right arm and right leg, but my 72 Impala was totalled, from the front. I never wore a seatbelt back then. When I eventually went out to the wrecking yard to see the damage, the steering wheel had been completely bent around to the left of the driver's seat, and the police were bewildered as to why I had no physical damage to my chest and face. After that, I had to believe there are Guardian Angels who decide whether or not man-made protections help.
I've been in several wrecks like that. In each one, the seat belt would have made no difference. It's that one time that it would make a difference that makes me buckle up every time now.

I can legally drive without one though. Georgia has this stupid law that does not apply to pickup trucks....just because the Speaker of the House drove a pickup and didn't like wearing seat belts.

Last edited:
Back to seat belts, in response to a couple of comments, I've already said I do wear one, albeit reluctantly. Also to Asaratis's point about pickup trucks, it's also intriguing that seatbelt laws don't apply to school buses, so to whomever anticipated that I might be conveying my attitude to impressionable minds, like to those of young people, I think they already wonder why the law is only applicable to certain vehicles. Plus I'm not really around that many young people, so not to worry.

First we'd have to be able to be able to manufacture enough panels to cover all those roofs and I am all for small scale solar and wind. What I'm dissing is the idea that we ought to go out of our way to make massive wind and solar farms.

2nd in the case of either wind or solar you will produce almost as much CO2 in the manufacturing process as you will save over the life of the product. And in the former case you've got a problem with migrating birds into the bargain.

Oh and the biggest lie of the decade hope and change. Hope is mighty scarce these days if you aren't a leftist moonbat and change looks an awful lot like politics as usual on the south side of Chicago.

Back to seat belts, in response to a couple of comments, I've already said I do wear one, albeit reluctantly. Also to Asaratis's point about pickup trucks, it's also intriguing that seatbelt laws don't apply to school buses, so to whomever anticipated that I might be conveying my attitude to impressionable minds, like to those of young people, I think they already wonder why the law is only applicable to certain vehicles. Plus I'm not really around that many young people, so not to worry.

Thank you for wearing a seat belt. I really don't like the stupid things either. I live just blocks from work and it seems quite a bother most of the time. I think you should be able to choose, but it is the law at the moment. The school bus part bugs me too.

a 20 year smoker has a 15% chance of getting lung cancer.

Not exactly a lie but if smoking is so deadly why is it still legal?

Lifetime lung cancer risk among male smokers is 17.2 percent. Among women it's 11.6 percent.
Lifetime lung cancer risk among male non-smokers is 1.3 percent in men and 1.4 percent in women.

The number of cigarettes smoked per capita has a very strong correlation the rate of lung cancer per capita twenty years later.

Yeah, no link exists at all.

First we'd have to be able to be able to manufacture enough panels to cover all those roofs and I am all for small scale solar and wind. What I'm dissing is the idea that we ought to go out of our way to make massive wind and solar farms.

2nd in the case of either wind or solar you will produce almost as much CO2 in the manufacturing process as you will save over the life of the product. And in the former case you've got a problem with migrating birds into the bargain.

No new alternative energy project will take care of everything overnight, and that includes solar roof panels. Right now, individual companies are opting to install those, and I'm beginning to see more and more of them even in my small, cold state.

Second, since when do conservatives care about a bunch of dead birds?

Oh and the biggest lie of the decade hope and change. Hope is mighty scarce these days if you aren't a leftist moonbat and change looks an awful lot like politics as usual on the south side of Chicago.

That kind of argument is really ignorant. There has never been a presidential candidate alive, Republican, Democrat, Green, Independent, Libertarian, who didn't campaign on CHANGE from what he hoped to upend. Duh...

I'd like to see any one person here try to "change" the way Washington operates, especially in less than a year when the bureaucracy has grown like a cancer since the early part of the 20th century. It's tantamount to performing bypass heart surgery on a patient whose liver, pancreas and kidneys are all eaten away. He can try, but short of scientific miracles to save those vital organs, it's a lost cause.

Lifetime lung cancer risk among male smokers is 17.2 percent. Among women it's 11.6 percent.
Lifetime lung cancer risk among male non-smokers is 1.3 percent in men and 1.4 percent in women.

The number of cigarettes smoked per capita has a very strong correlation the rate of lung cancer per capita twenty years later.

Actually, emphysema is a bigger killer due to smoking.

Actually, emphysema is a bigger killer due to smoking.

True, but that doesn't reduce the impact of smoking on lung cancer. A tenfold increase is not by chance.

And what is the increase in the chance of death from Heart failure, emphysema, diverse other cancers related to smoking, stroke, etc? Count up all the diverse problems and yes, we can conclude smoking is terrible for your health.
It is still legal because tobacco has a strong lobby and prohibition was an abysmal failure.

The biggest lie I have ever heard, and I've heard it all my life, is that babies are the result of sexual intercourse. Babies do not come from sexual intercourse. They are delivered by the stork and it's the stork that decides who will get a baby and when.

There is a big market for the product. The government can derive income from it. People are not required to use it, but can by choice. The big question is, why do individuals make such poor choices.

There is a big market for the product. The government can derive income from it. People are not required to use it, but can by choice. The big question is, why do individuals make such poor choices.

Because despite their claims to the contrary the advertising of tobacco is very effective at targeting young people. Almost all smokers begin before they are 18, and those few who begin later are clearly retarded.

Because despite their claims to the contrary the advertising of tobacco is very effective at targeting young people. Almost all smokers begin before they are 18, and those few who begin later are clearly retarded.

There is a legal smoking age yes? What is that age? I think you have an enforcement issue here.

There is a legal smoking age yes? What is that age? I think you have an enforcement issue here.
The issue is advertising creating demand.
Eliminate the demand and the underage smoking will decline. Then we might see an end to adult smoking.
But sure, make providing tobacco, alcohol, or illegal drugs to minors a capital offense, I'll support that.

Forum List

Back