Big Wind gets a kick in the shorts

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
The Osage Nation won a massive ruling in Tulsa federal court on Wednesday that requires Enel to dismantle a 150-megawatt wind project it built in Osage County despite the tribe’s repeated objections. The tribe’s fight against Rome-based Enel began in 2011 and is the longest-running legal battle over wind energy in American history. Federal Judge Sides with Osage Nation, Orders Removal Of 84 Wind Turbines • Watts Up With That?
How this got built in the first place over their objections is not really explained other than they simply ignored the Tribe and whatever other laws applied which would make me believe they had help from Uncle Sam doing so cause we gotta save the planet.

The Osage Nation won a massive ruling in Tulsa federal court on Wednesday that requires Enel to dismantle a 150-megawatt wind project it built in Osage County despite the tribe’s repeated objections. The tribe’s fight against Rome-based Enel began in 2011 and is the longest-running legal battle over wind energy in American history. Federal Judge Sides with Osage Nation, Orders Removal Of 84 Wind Turbines • Watts Up With That?
How this got built in the first place over their objections is not really explained other than they simply ignored the Tribe and whatever other laws applied which would make me believe they had help from Uncle Sam doing so cause we gotta save the planet.
Per your article, the issue was not the turbines themselves but the rock Enel mined and crushed to install them.

Letting your selective dishonesty shine again.

Daniels and other Osage tribal members opposed the project because of its potential intrusion on sacred burial sites, as well as the 420-foot-high turbines’ deadly impact on eagles. In 2021, I interviewed Joe Conner, a tribal member and publisher of The Fairfax Chief. Conner, who passed away on September 12, 2023, told me, “Many tribal members have objections because of the fear of damaging the environment, sacred birds, particularly eagles, that would be caught up in the turbine blades.”

In the steppes of Northern Kazakhstan. In Soviet times, trees were planted along the roads just to protect the road surface from wind and snow.

Because they're the ones that'll be picking between the super max and the Goldwind GWH252-16MW
climate change.jpg

A win for the Middle East's oil-funded dictatorships

Forum List

Back