Big game hunter crushed dead by elephant that he helped kill for fun

I have a few basic rules in life, one that I embrace wholeheartedly is that Mother Nature doesn't mess with me, and in turn I don't mess with Mother Nature. If someone is hunting an animal they must be prepared for the reality that the animal might decide that it wants to live and do the unexpected, or, you will find them in a situation like this and they will charge you.

One of the aspect of Native Indian culture that I admire is their respect for Mother Nature. They don't kill for fun or game, they kill to survive and they will use every last part of the animal they kill. Whether it's their skin for a blanket or the meat to eat, they honour what the animal gave to them. Killing for sustenance is entirely different than killing for sport, and as much as I don't judge those who do, I do find it runs contrary to my own philosophy.

I recall my dog when I was a kid. She had her puppies and my mother and I tended to them. Our neighbour came over and went towards one of her pups, I never saw my dog more fierce looking than at that moment, aggressively showing her teeth and insanity in her eyes, she was a moment away from pouncing. He slowly backed away and realized he wasn't welcome to go near her pups. He backed away wisely I might add and I felt my own fear being near her pups after seeing that though she never did that to me, and in fact, was protective of me whenever new people were at our home.

If anyone has ever read stories of some of the most experienced hunters, fisherman or general outdoorsman, they would all acknowledge that it might be the worst situation to accidentally stumble into an area which a bear cub is present. I've seen some of those "When Animals Attack" shows and in one an experienced hunter and his friend were attacked, the moment he saw the cub his heart raced because he knew they was in danger even though he didn't see the mother yet. These animals were breeding, so I imagine they were in the same frame of mind.

As was stated "sh__ happens", I won't celebrate his death but he knew the risks more than the average person.
Even worse and more sickening is the killing of Cecil The Lion by the sh!t head dentist from Minnesota.

U.S. dentist wanted for killing Cecil the lion - CNN.com

Kittens recognize their mothers, yes.

Anyway why did the momma cat die?

Any idea?
No. I got the impression she was sick. She'd come into the "back room" of the house to sleep when it was cold or rainny, and to get some food (I left a bowl for her). She became semi tame, but not like her kitten. She looked well fed and healthy, but one day I just found her laying there. "Bob" died at age three of leukemia, they told me.

I have rescued 30 feral kittens and found them all homes with people.

And I caught their 2 feral momma cats and got them spayed.

I kept the most beautiful one. He is now fully grown:
DROUGHT.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Mr Botha, described as a “passionate and professional hunting pioneer”, was crushed to death by the weight of the wounded animal on Friday.

News24 reported that the big game hunter had accidentally led clients into the middle of a breeding herd of elephants near Hwange National Park on Friday.

The professional hunter ran his own safari company – Game and Hounds Safari.

His website claims he “perfected leopard and lion hunting safaris with hounds in Africa”.

Big game hunter is crushed to death by elephant

I guess he never perfected elephant hunting safaris :dunno:

The elephants name was Karma.

Mr Botha, described as a “passionate and professional hunting pioneer”, was crushed to death by the weight of the wounded animal on Friday.

News24 reported that the big game hunter had accidentally led clients into the middle of a breeding herd of elephants near Hwange National Park on Friday.

His website claims he “perfected leopard and lion hunting safaris with hounds in Africa”.

A very misleading title. The man that died was attacked and grabbed by an elephant. They were not hunting elephants. It was another hunter that shot the elephant in order to save the man.

But hey, it's a headline grabber and people can cheer the death of a hunter.

A very misleading title. The man that died was attacked and grabbed by an elephant. They were not hunting elephants. It was another hunter that shot the elephant in order to save the man.

^ :crybaby:

What's the matter? You got caught lying again. The man that died was in no way trying to kill the elephant for fun. The group of people were being attacked, he tried to help, got grabbed by a charging elephant. Another hunter shot the elephant.

I don't agree with big game hunting at all, but there is no need to lie about what happened and cheer for some dude's death.

The man that died was in no way trying to kill the elephant for fun. The group of people were being attacked, he tried to help, got grabbed by a charging elephant. Another hunter shot the elephant.
Oh was he on a trip hunting some other endangered species?! Wow so much better!

:321:

They aren't allowed to hunt any "endangered species". They usually are given license to hunt only particular animals that are over-populated or old. Those African nations allow the safaris to go on, if you have an issue with it, take it up with them.

The man that died was in no way trying to kill the elephant for fun. The group of people were being attacked, he tried to help, got grabbed by a charging elephant. Another hunter shot the elephant.
Oh was he on a trip hunting some other endangered species?! Wow so much better!

:321:

They aren't allowed to hunt any "endangered species". They usually are given license to hunt only particular animals that are over-populated or old. Those African nations allow the safaris to go on, if you have an issue with it, take it up with them.

Forum List

Back