Big Bird, Typical Liberal

I know this is not going to change anyone's mind but,,,,,

30 TV Shows That Are Actually Educational

30 TV Shows That Are Actually Educational | Edudemic

In 2011, the Federal Budget was $3.4 trillion, PBS received $430 million. That's like .0001% of the Federal Budget.

Yet according to Tom Coburn, the wealthy receive $30 billion dollars in taxpayer giveaways each year.
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=544ae3e7-195b-40ad-aa84-334fdd6a5e1f

So let's kill Big Bird/PBS, but let's continue to worship the wealthy and let them continue on getting billions of dollars annually that contribute almost 100 times more dollars to the deficit than the cost of helping finance good education for our kids.

An inappropriate subsidy doesn't become appropriate based on how much it is. When are you spoiled leftist freeloaders going to figure out that the well has run dry, we're borrowing a fortune from China, and our country simply cannot afford to keep catering to your whims and funding your pie-in-the-sky wish lists?

You idiots are like a spoiled sorority girl who can't understand that her daddy has lost his job and can't afford to buy her a sports car every year.

Contrary to your lame-ass Messiah's laughably pitiful hollabacks to Mitt Romney's kicking of his ass, Big Bird/PBS are not 'the only example he can find' of cuts that should be made; they were just an example. And contrary to your drama-queening, discontinuing their subsidy is not 'killing Big Bird'. That feathery fucker and his welfare-queen henchmen make a bloody fortune every year on merchandising. Have you wandered through a toy store lately? I have, and their kissers are plastered on everything in there.

Mitt's right. It's time for the freeloaders on PBS to get off the government tit and sink or swim in the free market. It's time for this country to look at every item in the budget - you know, after we vote in an administration that actually has budgets - and ask ourselves, 'Is this really something we should borrow from China and mortgage our childrens' futures for?'

Are our children really going to thank us for Sesame Street at the cost of a whopping tax debt for them to pay?

If you're so concerned about lowering debt, you'd be up in arms about the linked Coburn Report on the annual $30 billion welfare for the wealthy. But noooooooo! You can only focus $430 million PBS gets. You do know that 30 billion is more than 60 times larger than 430 million?
Yeah, you're real serious about the debt alright,,,NOT!

I only read the first and last pages of most threads. I actually run a business and dont have time to read every post.

It seems corporate welfare is okay as long as liberals are the ones doing it.

Corporate welfare? What are you even talking about?
I am guessing you didn't compare the salaries of PBS executives to other network executives.
No doubt. I've seen cons defend the $multi-million salaries of the health care CEOs.

The real question is 'why is your dumb ass more concerned about the salaries of CEOs, which is none of your damned business, than you are about money coming out of the taxpayers' pockets?'

You get rid of PBS, we get to tax all churches.

deal?

Sorry, but if the PBS cut EVER makes it, shit will hit the fan with Romney.

I'm sorry, but did you just compare tax-exemptions to taxpayer subsidies? And whatever gave you the idea that we need to knuckle under to your insane blackmail demands in order to rein in the federal budget?

Contrary to your delusions, crazed leftist spending is not the center of everyone's universe, it's not essential to our survival, and everyone will get along just fine if Big Bird's feathery ass goes out and gets a job.

Can you clairify,"bazillions"? I know they make some ching. About $15-17 million annually which is hardly a bazillion! Sesame Street media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And they are non-profit. The licensing fees help pay for CTW's existence.
Sesame Workshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They make enough to support their program free and clear of taxpayer dollars.

Big Bird is a giant yellow moocher.

Big Oil makes billions in profits, they don't need $3 billion of taxpayer dollars. Are you with me Oddball?????? Or how about the $30 billion annually the wealthy get in tax payer dollars?

Big Money and Big Oil are the biggest moochers in the US.

Is that a fact, Sparkles? Why don't you start by defining - specifically - why and how 'Big Oil' and 'the wealthy' are being given taxpayer dollars, comparable to Big Bird and his buddies having an entire network funded for their use? Are you with me??????

You get rid of PBS, we get to tax all churches.

deal?

Sorry, but if the PBS cut EVER makes it, shit will hit the fan with Romney.
Bullshit.

You have no right to my money to pay for your teevee programs.

they can have some of mine. My kids smile when elmo's world comes on is well worth the price.

Then by all means, call in and donate on their next pledge drive. Or go buy some of their toys. But haul your money-grubbing ass away from the public trough.

I like seeing my kid smile, too, but I don't think I'm entitled to other people's money in order to purchase it.

Sesame Street received $4 million dollars in public funds last year. Romney is an idiot.

The fact that you think the amount of unnecessary and totally inapppropriate taxpayer funds makes a difference in WHETHER they are unnecessary and totally inappropriate tells us that YOU are the idiot, not Mitt Romney.

Of course, a cursory reading of any post you've ever put up on this message board would tell us the exact same thing.
And I have seen what you post, I would rather be an idiot than you.

Congratulations, then, because you got your wish.

He's not killing it. He's saying find your own way. It's not up to tax payers to subsidize them.

Actually, MitWit used the word "kill".

He said he wants to kill PBS so he can save all us taxpayers

ONE FRIGGIN DOLLAR A YEAR.​

Yeah, that's REEEEEL brilliant all right.

Sheesh.

Not that it's a newsflash, but you're a lying sack of maggot-infested feces.

This is his exact quote.

“I’m sorry Jim, I’m gonna stop the subsidy to PBS, I like PBS, I love Big Bird, I actually like you too, but I am not going to keep spending money on things to borrow money from China to pay for.”

See the word 'kill' in there anywhere? Neither do I. :finger3:

Romney's gonna KILL Obamcare too.. Ya all know. Kill the Bill!

Houston: "The Bird is off the dole"

Keeping Big Bird supported, despite the massive income Big Bird actually makes, is a miniscule part of the PBS budget which fills up the airways with worthless programming. The PBS network, as a whole, is not so important that it deserves public support. Big Bird makes enough money so that it could support itself. Sesame Street is far more vital to Hasbro Toys. Let Hasbro pay for it.

Big Oil makes billions in profits, they don't need $3 billion of taxpayer dollars. Are you with me Oddball?????? Or how about the $30 billion annually the wealthy get in tax payer dollars?

ORLY?

List all the tax dollars that eeeeeviilll Big Oil gets from the federal treasury.

Not gonna happen. Romney already spanked Obama on that lie. And how much Taxpayer cash has Obama given to his cronies, by way of Solyndra and others? Obama merely repeated a lie in the Debate. It's the Saul Alinsky 'Rules for Radicals' way. Just keep repeating the lie...

Well, time to bail on this one. No one has offered a valid reason why NPR & PBS should be funded with Taxpayer Money. So i'm out. See ya.

ORLY?

List all the tax dollars that eeeeeviilll Big Oil gets from the federal treasury.
Oh, and while we're at it...How many billions in royalties do the oil companies forward to the treasury, versus what Sesame Workshop sends in to earn their keep?

While Obama focuses on Big Bird, Romney focuses on unemployment, debt, Middle East.

]

By how, making those problems worse?

Frankly, everything he's proposed would worsen all those problems...

And Romney's the one who brought Big Bird into the conversation.

Yes.. because you battle unemployment, debt, and radical islamic terrorists with higher taxes (of course only on some), higher spending, and appeasement and cutting the military

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and PBS is such an absolute necessity when the government is in debt to its proverbial eyeballs...

Idiot

While Obama focuses on Big Bird, Romney focuses on unemployment, debt, Middle East.

]

By how, making those problems worse?

Frankly, everything he's proposed would worsen all those problems...

And Romney's the one who brought Big Bird into the conversation.

Yes.. because you battle unemployment, debt, and radical islamic terrorists with higher taxes (of course only on some), higher spending, and appeasement and cutting the military

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and PBS is such an absolute necessity when the government is in debt to its proverbial eyeballs...

Idiot

You know, this statement is so retarded, I don't know where to start.

Let's start with the obvious. How is cutting thousands of government jobs (which is what Romney says he wants to do) going to help unemployment that much? Quite the contrary, it would probably make it worse.

And frankly, we've been trying to beat the Muslims into submission for 10 years, bankrupting ourselves trying to make them love Coca-Cola. Doesn't look like it's working to me...

If you want to get rid of the debt, make the rich pay their fair share, bring back the manufacturing, and stop wasting money on shit like the F-22, which cost more than the PBS subsidy for a single plane, and the Airforce has yet to deploy one to a combat zone.

Forum List

Back