Biden staying at home of billionaire supporter

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011

Personally, I have no problem with this. I’d just like to point out the Left that their selective outrage when conservatives do this (See Clarence Thomas) and their silence when one of their own does this like Biden is doing, it further solidifies how full of shit the Left really is.

Personally, I have no problem with this. I’d just like to point out the Left that their selective outrage when conservatives do this (See Clarence Thomas) and their silence when one of their own does this like Biden is doing, it further solidifies how full of shit the Left really is.

Seems the difference is everyone knows Biden is doing it, while Thomas hid it for years.

Seems the difference is everyone knows Biden is doing it, while Thomas hid it for years.
The difference is that Thomas accepted lavish vacations around the world, had personal “loans” he wasn’t expected to pay back, had expenses of family members paid for.

Much different than visiting someone for Thanksgiving

You truly believe that transparency is the reason Democrats have no reaction to one of their own getting influenced by a one percenter billionaire? To listen to Liberals and Democrats, you would think that was solely a Republican thing.

You truly believe that transparency is the reason Democrats have no reaction to one of their own getting influenced by a one percenter billionaire? To listen to Liberals and Democrats, you would think that was solely a Republican thing.

From what I have read about Thomas the heart of the problem is that he hid what he was receiving instead of putting it out in the open.

Why do you suppose he choose to do that?

The previous President lived every day in the home of a billionaire. Didn't bother me a bit.

Biden staying at home of billionaire supporter​

Leave it to a Biden to spend a billion dollars and still the only supporter he found was THIS:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.big5sportinggoods.com%2Fcatalogimage%2Fimg%2Fproduct%2Frwd%2Flarge%2F4505_13471_0324_100_large_02.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f4d4e390dea351ccabacd5ee39dac2627a6cfe9affc2babe1780b9063cfac8f5&ipo=images

None of it is OK. Can you grasp that idea? All of it at the best gives an appearance of impropriety and politicians (and judges) should know better.

From what I have read about Thomas the heart of the problem is that he hid what he was receiving instead of putting it out in the open.

Why do you suppose he choose to do that?
You are shifting the debate solely about Thomas and/or disclosure when the debate is about whether the Left has issue with billionaires and their significant influence power on Presidents, Legislators, and Justices or is it only a problem when Conservatives engage in it?

Clearly, you are OK with this provided the politicians and justices simply disclose at a level of flaunt? Further, with the wealth inequality the Left is always crying about and the level of undue level of power it brings, there doesn’t seem to be an issue with that here; disclosure or not ??

You are shifting the debate solely about Thomas and/or disclosure when the debate is about whether the Left has issue with billionaires and their significant influence power on Presidents, Legislators, and Justices or is it only a problem when Conservatives engage in it?

Clearly, you are OK with this provided the politicians and justices simply disclose at a level of flaunt? Further, with the wealth inequality the Left is always crying about and the level of undue level of power it brings, there doesn’t seem to be an issue with that here; disclosure or not ??

I am sorry that I will not go along with your twist on the Thomas story. The problem is less than he has a billionaire friend but that he felt the need to hide what he was getting. When you hide things it gives the appearance of impropriety.

It is not an issue of being ok with it or not, it is what it is, it has always been that way and always will be. As the golden rule states, he who has the gold makes the rules.

None of it is OK. Can you grasp that idea? All of it at the best gives an appearance of impropriety and politicians (and judges) should know better.

It is the way of the world and has been this way as long as there is recorded history.

Then you DO have a problem with it !!!

Don't fear those hatefule hypocritical morons. And add the fact that Biden himself

While still serving as vice president, his net worth was $2.5 million, but in the years between holding political office his net worth shot up to $8 million, according to Forbes. Biden’s estimated net worth is estimated at $9 million.

That is what is disgusting, It is big money hanging together. Clarence was never big money.

Then you DO have a problem with it !!!

Don't fear those hatefule hypocritical morons. And add the fact that Biden himself

While still serving as vice president, his net worth was $2.5 million, but in the years between holding political office his net worth shot up to $8 million, according to Forbes. Biden’s estimated net worth is estimated at $9 million.

That is what is disgusting, It is big money hanging together. Clarence was never big money.
Book deals, speaking engagements
All reported

I am sorry that I will not go along with your twist on the Thomas story. The problem is less than he has a billionaire friend but that he felt the need to hide what he was getting. When you hide things it gives the appearance of impropriety.

It is not an issue of being ok with it or not, it is what it is, it has always been that way and always will be. As the golden rule states, he who has the gold makes the rules.
I am not twisting Thomas at all where it is you that wants the debate about whether Thomas “hid” or not. The reality is that the bigger issue is the Left as a whole that takes umbrage with your closing statement “he who has the gold makes the rules”

LOL You brought up Thomas. Because, yes, he is a flagrant example of abusing his position and accepting gifts from his rich friends.

But, nope. This example of Biden’s annual visit to his friend’s home for a Thanksgiving dinner is not an example as others have already shown.

Try harder. :itsok:

I am not twisting Thomas at all where it is you that wants the debate about whether Thomas “hid” or not.

That is the problem people had with Thomas, why do you suppose he felt the need to hide it?

The reality is that the bigger issue is the Left as a whole that takes umbrage with your closing statement “he who has the gold makes the rules”

I do not give a fuck what the left does.

Forum List

Back