Biden Promises To Crack Down On Racist "Junk Fees" Including Airline Preferred Seats, Bounced Check Fees, And Late Charges

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
And there we have it. Everything is racist even when it has nothing to do with race. Extra leg room charges!

He claimed that these initiatives will help fight inflationary pressures, when we all know that they simply increase the price of everything, the exact opposite of what he intends (as usual).

More pandering, but people of color probably not only see right through this, they are probably even insulted by it.

When I pay double for a first class seat, am I being discriminated against because I am a rich White guy? Hmmm.

How about instead of not allowing airlines to charge more for better seats, he does something substantive to substantially reduce the price of jet fuel, or scale back on the TSA.

What a truly incompetent administration we have, arguably the worst ever. If you voted for this, you should be ashamed.

Biden's air rage: President says airlines forcing customers to pay for extra legroom is RACIST because it hits 'marginalized Americans and people of color the most' - as he cracks down on 'excessive fees'​

• 'Airlines if you want six more inches between you and the seat in front you pay more money, but you don't know it until you purchase your ticket,' Biden griped
  • 'Look folks, these are junk fees are unfair and the hidden marginalized Americans the hardest, especially low income folks, and people of color'
  • Biden also announced what should be a crowd-pleaser: the federal government going after bank overdraft fees, excessive credit card late fees
  • Also taking on hidden hotel booking fees and termination fees cable and internet companies charge to prevent customers from changing services
'Some airlines if you want six more inches between you and the seat in front you pay more money, but you don't know it until you purchase your ticket,' Biden griped in remarks Wednesday.

'Look folks, these are junk fees are unfair and the hidden marginalized Americans the hardest, especially low income folks, and people of color.'

'There's a lot of money,' he insisted. 'These are billions of dollars. It doesn't add up to billions for the individual, but it adds up to $200, $300, $400 for average families.'

'It's wrong, it's ridiculous, it's unfair,' he said at one point, using the example of parents selling a used child's bike for $30, only to be hit with a $15 bank fee when the buyer's check bounces.

In another instance, Biden went after bank overdraft fees.

'You all know this, because you know this from your everyday lives,' he said, before laying out a scenario where a consumer writes a check to pay for a bill, but gets hit with an overdraft fee because the individual's account balance hadn't been updated.

cc: My_Chinchilla_Is_A_Racist

Last edited:
And there we have it. Everything is racist even when it has nothing to do with race. Extra leg room charges!

He claimed that these initiatives will help fight inflationary pressures, when we all know that they simply increase the price of everything, the exact opposite of what he intends (as usual).

More pandering, but people of color probably not only see right through this, but they are probably even insulted by it.

When I pay double for a first class seat, am I being discriminated against because I am a rich White guy? Hmmm.

How about instead of not allowing airlines to charge more for better seats, he does something substantive to substantially reduce the price of jet fuel, or scale back on the TSA.

What a truly incompetent administration we have, arguably the worst ever. If you voted for this, you should be ashamed.

Biden's air rage: President says airlines forcing customers to pay for extra legroom is RACIST because it hits 'marginalized Americans and people of color the most' - as he cracks down on 'excessive fees'​

• 'Airlines if you want six more inches between you and the seat in front you pay more money, but you don't know it until you purchase your ticket,' Biden griped
  • 'Look folks, these are junk fees are unfair and the hidden marginalized Americans the hardest, especially low income folks, and people of color'
  • Biden also announced what should be a crowd-pleaser: the federal government going after bank overdraft fees, excessive credit card late fees
  • Also taking on hidden hotel booking fees and termination fees cable and internet companies charge to prevent customers from changing services
'Some airlines if you want six more inches between you and the seat in front you pay more money, but you don't know it until you purchase your ticket,' Biden griped in remarks Wednesday.

'Look folks, these are junk fees are unfair and the hidden marginalized Americans the hardest, especially low income folks, and people of color.'

'There's a lot of money,' he insisted. 'These are billions of dollars. It doesn't add up to billions for the individual, but it adds up to $200, $300, $400 for average families.'

'It's wrong, it's ridiculous, it's unfair,' he said at one point, using the example of parents selling a used child's bike for $30, only to be hit with a $15 bank fee when the buyer's check bounces.

In another instance, Biden went after bank overdraft fees.

'You all know this, because you know this from your everyday lives,' he said, before laying out a scenario where a consumer writes a check to pay for a bill, but gets hit with an overdraft fee because the individual's account balance hadn't been updated.

cc: My_Chinchilla_Is_A_Racist
In all due respect Uncle Joe, I don't pay for preferred seats on airlines.
I don't bounce checks.
I pay off my credit card every 30 days when the bill comes out.

Your pandering does not help me or the very HUGE majority of Americans one whit but does encourage some to be irresponsible without consequence.

Meanwhile I am paying huge premiums for bread, milk, eggs, produce, meat, gas for my car, utilities, and all essential products and services and not buying many things we used to buy--that hurts other people if you didn't know--all thanks to you. How about some relief there where it would actually help people?

Last edited:
The ignorant masses that applaud this govt overreach never pause to consider if it is the govt's job to regulate private businesses in this manner.
If you don't the fees, use another service but don't tell me we need to expand Fed power further by enabling these encroachments into the private sector.

I don't like excessive fees either but I have choices as a free person in a semi-free market.
DC just uses honeypots like this to justify jumping out of their lane where they have no authority & don't belong

In all due respect Uncle Joe, I don't pay for preferred seats on airlines.
I don't bounce checks.
I pay off my credit card every 30 days when the bill comes out.

Your pandering does not help me or the very HUGE majority of Americans one whit but does encourage some to be irresponsible without consequence.

Meanwhile I am paying huge premiums for bread, milk, eggs, produce, meat, gas for my car, utilities, and all essential products and services and not buying many things we used to buy--that hurts other people if you didn't know--all thanks to you. How about some relief there where it would actually help people?
How about quit asking Biden the pandering politician for any relief. Taking anything from the Biden administration is like selling one's soul to the devil. Wait a few more week's, and hopefully the knucklehead will be made a lame duck. Then hopefully he will be impeached along with the rest of his crew to resign afterwards ..

How about quit asking Biden the pandering politician for any relief. Taking anything from the Biden administration is like selling one's soul to the devil. Wait a few more week's, and hopefully the knucklehead will be made a lame duck. Then hopefully he will be impeached along with the rest of his crew to resign afterwards ..
Oh my goodness. Please don't impeach him. He is the gift to Republicans that just keeps on giving. Impeach him we get Kamala for President, just as incompetent and self serving, but more dangerous because she doesn't have dementia and might actually act on her own outside of the deep state that manipulate the marionette strings for both. And God only knows who would be appointed her VP.

Oh my goodness. Please don't impeach him. He is the gift to Republicans that just keeps on giving. Impeach him we get Kamala for President, just as incompetent and self serving, but more dangerous because she doesn't have dementia and might actually act on her own outside of the deep state that manipulate the marionette strings for both. And God only knows who would be appointed her VP.
Yes, that's the delema for sure isn't it, but at this point maybe Kamala not having the house or Senate on her side will be limited in the damages she might attempt to inflict.

You almost gotta laugh that racism is so inbred in the democrat party that they assume that bounced checks are only a black culture problem. How long is it going to take for middle class blacks to flee the democrat plantation like Hershel Walker?
Good points again.. Thanks

I hope that we Republicans can come up with an effective strategy to counter this stroke of genius (no offense to Fetterman).

This brilliant initiative might turn around the Dems' ever-decreasing poll numbers. :)

Last edited:
Keep on dreaming... It's never going to materialize. Gotta look to the future now, and then the clean up hopefully will begin.

~~~~~~
I was just pointing out the facts. In less than two years Joey Xi Bai Dung has ruined America. Joey's no better than the lowest traitor America has ever had beginning with Benidict Arnold.
All you have to do is look around when you're in town or go down the street to shop.

The relief would not be in the form of cash or regulation. The relief would come in closing the border to all migrants and keeping them out of the country until their request for refugee status could be decided by a court. It would be Congress cancelling ALL, and I do mean ALL spending other than what is essential. It would be rescinding all green new deal rules and regulations and restoring incentives and profit motives for oil companies to expand production both in raw products and refined products. It would mean requiring our friends and allies to pay their proportionate share of shared operations and initiatives and stop being the world's sugar daddy again. It would mean returning to the Trump era policies and allowing our economy to recover and inflation to subside.

Check out the FAA's strategic plan document, "Flight Plan 21" here....

It mentions "diversity" 16 times. "Racially and ethnically diverse" twice.

Stuff like this....

"Key priorities in the plan include sustainability (climate change) and diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility."

"Enhance efforts to recruit, develop, hire, and retain a racially and ethnically diverse workforce among new hires and the Senior Executive Service, with a particular emphasis on women, people of color, and individuals with disabilities."

"Increase sourcing from nontraditional talent pools and ensure the hiring process is more accessible to underrepresented groups to increase the diversity of hiring pools."

Planes are going to crash. Whom will be to blame?

1666830226751.png

Forum List

Back