Biden had no authority at all to hold classified documents at his home or his other places

But, Biden had classified documents from when he was a senator.
The executive order goes in to that as well....the need to know for relevant legislators.... and protocol for such.

Biden was on the Senate Foreign Relations committee, and had a need to know, on certain related classified documents.

The executive order goes in to that as well....the need to know for relevant legislators.... and protocol for such.

Biden was on the Senate Foreign Relations committee, and had a need to know, on certain related classified documents.
He had to steal classified documents from a SCIF.

That EO was signed when Biden was VP not a Senator

Excellent article! Ty!
“Overclassification” – the unnecessary classification of information – is widespread within the federal government. The evidence on this point is overwhelming:

• Since the inception of the classification system, no fewer than eight blue-ribbon commissions or special congressional investigations, including the 9/11 Commission, have found overclassification to be a significant problem.
  • Current and former government officials have estimated that anywhere from 50 to 90 percent of classified documents could safely be released.
  • When a member of the public asks an agency to declassify a specified document through a process known as “Mandatory Declassification Review,” the agency decides in 90 percent of cases that some or all of the information can be released.
From cited article by Brennan Center. See post #176

“Overclassification” – the unnecessary classification of information – is widespread within the federal government. The evidence on this point is overwhelming:

• Since the inception of the classification system, no fewer than eight blue-ribbon commissions or special congressional investigations, including the 9/11 Commission, have found overclassification to be a significant problem.
  • Current and former government officials have estimated that anywhere from 50 to 90 percent of classified documents could safely be released.
  • When a member of the public asks an agency to declassify a specified document through a process known as “Mandatory Declassification Review,” the agency decides in 90 percent of cases that some or all of the information can be released.
From cited article by Brennan Center. See post #176

Probably true. But unless you're the original classification authority or the President you don't get to decide.

What board Dimwingers want us to believe is that for DECADES Biden stole hundreds, if not thousands, of classified documents from SCIFs without knowing it, and his staff planted all of them in his various offices, homes, and garages......WITHOUT HIM KNOWING IT.

Sounds legit.

Just so ya'll know, I'm fine with:

#1 Charging VP Pence (now a private citizen out of office) immediately regarding the classified documents.

#2 Charging President Biden regarding the classified documents, problem is this has to wait until: (A) the House impeaching him and the Senate Convicts, or (B) his term expires which would be 2025 or 2029 depending on if he wins reelection.

Let a jury decide.

WW
Here's #3
They refuse to charge Biden even though some of his crimes took place as a senator

Probably true. But unless you're the original classification authority or the President you don't get to decide.
I believe that there are thousands of Americans deciding to classify such documents.

No one does, not even our presidents.

But fyi, under Obama, through executive order, the vp (Biden) was given the same classifying and declassifying power as the president....

Yeah but I think that EO basically stated that Biden could only declassify things in which he himself originally classified. So, unless Biden took things only he himself classified, that EO doesn’t cover him.

The EO granted Biden the same authority as that of Obama. You know that.

Also you know that Hur said no charges.

This is over but the yelling.
Couch Potato No it really didn’t. Can the VP overrule the President? Can the Sec Def? What happens when they all dont agree? Who decides?

John Edgar Slow Horses Yes, it really did end it. No charges. End of story.

Here's #3
They refuse to charge Biden even though some of his crimes took place as a senator

As much as I loathe Xiden and all things dim, I just don't see how anybody can charge a Sitting President. The whole concept is silly. Beyond silly, it's mental masturbation.

Can't do it. All Xiden has to do is pardon himself. Game over. And if they don't stop, he can have them arrested. Try going after POTUS and let us know how you make out. In 20 or 30 years when they let you out of Leavenworth.

This is just silly. The whole thing. INCLUDING going after OMB.

Political Points? Sure. Get some. But charging a Sitting President? Stupid beyond belief.

Yep. Just like Ken Buck of Colorado. Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin. Tom McClintock of California. And, Blake Moore of Utah.
Gallagher just retired. Annoounced it today. I think the others have shown their true colors as well. At least one is going to work for ZNN. But all three are dimocraps in disguise. Or, they're just cowards; afraid of the media

It happens.

I believe that there are thousands of Americans deciding to classify such documents.
But they dont have original classification authority.

Pres
VP
Cabinet members
Heads of agencies in the IC
maybe heads of a handful of other agencies.

I don't know the exact number of people with Original Classification Authority but It's not thousands.

There are thousands of Americans classifying things every day for sure but they derive their ability to do that through the OCA and do not have the authority to declassify that information.

Forum List

Back