Biden Campaign's Latest Approach: A Vote for Biden is a Vote to Save Democracy. How will it play?

I agree with you, and in addition, it seems to me President Biden was projecting just a wee little bit, considering he knocked out not only the nearly closed border, and numerous other good things that were done in previous presidencies. That kind of operation doesn't set well with a lot of people, and you'd think he'd learn to accept the good things that other presidents did, but seems it was a scorch the earth on other Presidents deal. The moral of this story is if you show disrespect to predecessors' good outcomes for the American people, the ill will could boomerang and smack ya in tha nose.
Good point. I don't remember any other president being so quick to reverse a successful policy of their predecessor, no matter how out of line it was with the new president's party's dogma.

Biden's handlers know nothing about politics, only what to do with power once obtained.

Biden and Trump are both old. Neither one of them are going to be "dictators". Trump is more interested in leaving a legacy. Biden, on the other hand, really could care less and will sell out the country in full force if he's elected. Biden is currently a shield for the Democrats, if he takes too much damage, he'll be discarded and the next in line nominee will appear out of the wreckage.

Not too good, I wouldn't think. For two reasons, one very obvious, and one maybe more subtle.

The first and obvious reason is that no matter how they spin Jan 6th as a Trump led attack on Democracy, it is clearly the Democrats who are attempting to thwart democracy by literally indicting and arresting the opposition party's strongest candidate, and now attempting to remove him from the ballot to make it a one candidate race. That is Soviet-style "democracy," and it doesn't take a very smart person to see it.

The second more subtle reason is that Biden is specifically touting American democracy. He is a living example of why that does not alway slead to good results. So was the 2020 choice American democracy gave us between Trump and Biden, the 2016 choice between Hillary and Trump, the 2012 choice between Biden and (was it Romney?), etc.

I get that they cannot run on Bidenomics, or Bidenborder, Bidencrimefight, nor Bidenenergy. The theme for the Biden campaign, assuming they want to win by getting the most votes, should be "we know we've made mistakes, and we are going to make changes," leaving the media to speculate on the wonderful and effective changes that he might be talking about.

It will play well for those who were going to vote for Biden anyway. Other than that I don't think it will amount to much. Trump is already ahead in the polls, including significant leads in most of the swing states and this is the theme they have already been using.

Forum List

Back