Bicycle Helmets Are Racist

Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Just when you thought the Left couldn’t get any stupider, the Leftards of Seattle step in and let us know they’ve got more IQ points to give away.

"In light of this data, and in alignment with the Board of Health's declaration of Racism as a Public Health crisis, on February 17, 2022, the Board of Health repealed the King County bike helmet law while affirming the importance of helmets in preventing serious injury and death."

Just when you thought the Left couldn’t get any stupider, the Leftards of Seattle step in and let us know they’ve got more IQ points to give away.

"In light of this data, and in alignment with the Board of Health's declaration of Racism as a Public Health crisis, on February 17, 2022, the Board of Health repealed the King County bike helmet law while affirming the importance of helmets in preventing serious injury and death."

So it's not the bike helmets that are racist it's the cops that don't enforce the law equally.

That said

Helmet laws suck

The study showed that four times as many BIPOC's were cited for not wearing a helmet.

Hmmm. So what?

Did the study bother to gather evidence of COMPLIANCE with the law? In other words, do "white" and BIPOC riders adhere to the law in equal proportions?

If, say 80% of "white" riders wear helmets and 20% of BIPOC's wear helmets, then it is entirely appropriate for BIPOC's to be cited four times as often.

Parenthetically, I ride often, and almost exclusively on public roads, and I wear a helmet about 1/4 of the time (no helmet law where I live). My observations in European cities were bikes are a significant transportation mode is that few Europeans wear them. But what do they know?

I personally think that helmets should be encouraged. Period. No law.

The study showed that four times as many BIPOC's were cited for not wearing a helmet.

Hmmm. So what?

Did the study bother to gather evidence of COMPLIANCE with the law? In other words, do "white" and BIPOC riders adhere to the law in equal proportions?

If, say 80% of "white" riders wear helmets and 20% of BIPOC's wear helmets, then it is entirely appropriate for BIPOC's to be cited four times as often.

Parenthetically, I ride often, and almost exclusively on public roads, and I wear a helmet about 1/4 of the time (no helmet law where I live). My observations in European cities were bikes are a significant transportation mode is that few Europeans wear them. But what do they know?

I'm willing to bet that compliance isn;t an issue

Hmmm. So what?

So you get what you want here but are still going to complain?

Oh? Tell that to the thousands of service members and healthcare workers FIRED.

An employer has the right to require vaccines a terms of employment this was true before COVID

But tell me do you think an employer has the right to fire anyone for any reason?

Forum List

Back