Betty white dies

I gotta say that I liked Betty White... She'll be missed by all. I just remember her always smiling and laughing it seemed.
What has been stated by mostly Conservatives is how steady she was.
She remained herself.Did not change along with the pervailing winds of
some political landscape.She was always herself.Somewhat like a Doris Day,
another Pet Lover.Betty White was brought up to display manners and
be cordial.Plus she had a canny knack for doing as most those of her age
group did .... Meaning her Entrance and Exits on stage.Something real
Hollywood Pros are taught and it stays with them all their life.
How to make an entrance and how to exit.Game shows were great examples
of this discipline.Like --- To Tell the Truth - and many other Game shows of the
50's and 60's.A Lost art today.

I just bought - Maude - last week at Barns & Noble -. Because it's TV history from
my era.Personally I can't stand Bea Arthur.As bossy a loud mouth as they come.
But since she's the personification of a Liberal jew,then she gets put on some
pedistal.I did learn somerthing from watching { more like putting up with as
many episodes as I did| .Since Normal Lear { still alive } invented - All in the Family -
his motivation for lead character Archie Bunker was his own Father.
Lear based Archie Bunker on his own Father.Meaning a vulgarian.Someone
who is a Reactionary Bigot.A Proud Bigot.Like may from his era,where fathers and sons
did not get along and grew to loathe each other.I also researched Johnny Carson
who loathed his own Mother.So despised her that upon her death he refused to
attend her Funeral.Said ... The Wicked Witch is dead.
I never saw a copy of - Maude - at Wal*mart so I jumoped at the chance to get
one at Barnes and Noble. I barely got a Copy of - Father Knows Best - over the summer.
I collect Movies and TV Series.I also have a shortened version { Best of Season One }
of My Favorite TV series when in Hight School.It was the basis for me having
Bill Cosby as a Hero along with Marlon Brando.
- The Bill Cosby Show - { 1969-1971 }
you lost me after 2 sentences. But WHAT EVA... JUST SAYIN....

I hated my mother too. Just because you give birth does not necessarily mean you will be A Mother. Some are just not cut out for it but "do their duty" even though it ruins the kid(s) she may pop out.

Betty had a nasty way about her. Ladylike while being trailer trash at the same time. So yeah..she was good at acting because that is what she did. Act. Like I said..I don't know why I disliked her. I just know I did. Same vibes I get from people I meet. Instant like or dislike. With Betty..it was instant dislike....except for her love of animals, which brought her up a notch. Not by much, but enough to tolerate her in small doses but her schtick of "everyone loves me" bullshit got old and its still old now that she is dead.

I never really watched All In The Family. I didn't care for Archie or his whiney screetchy wife. I just didn't find that show funny. Actually, I never really like comedy shows...except the Carol Burnett show, I Love Lucy. and more currently...Frasier and Big Bang Theory and even that last one is iffy most of the time.

Oh, and Bea Arthur...I didn't care for her either. She had a tendency to always ALWAYS look at the camera. She was another SEE ME person.

1641205534176.png

Forum List

Back