Better Instruction Than Harvard!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I found the following letter in my local newspaper, and it just made too much sense not to pass it on.....

1. "The humanities division at Harvard University is attracting fewer undergraduate students these days.

2. ...[students] have finally figured out that it’s tough to get a job after graduation if pretty much all you’ve been preparing for is listening for the sound of a tree falling in the forest.

3. ....if you’ve got to make a living some day and pay back all those loans, maybe computer science or accounting or engineering or math might be better choices.

4. The university, for its part, has responded by preparing a report suggesting the humanities division aggressively market itself to freshmen and sophomores, and convince them of how useful spending four years studying history and gender studies and philosophy can be — “Harriet, the toilet is overflowing. Quick, call an existentialist!”

5. ... they’re trying to snooker your kids!

6. Is it any wonder that the late William F. Buckley once said that he would rather be governed by the first 300 names in the Boston phone directory than by the faculty of Harvard University?

7. .... a little fatherly, or motherly, advice, and tell your children, “Do what you love, but don’t quit your day job.

8. .... a little fatherly, or motherly, advice, and tell your children, “Do what you love, but don’t quit your day job."
Sound Off to the Editor ? Brooklyn Daily

Teach them this lesson so they don't wind up at "Occupy Wall Street"!

Beats Columbia

All they do there is cut and paste

I have known people who graduated from Columbia who did nothing but cut and paste

True story

At least those of us from the sewers have standards

I have known people who graduated from Columbia who did nothing but cut and paste

True story

OMG!

Just look at your watch, old timer....

..... It is time, I believe, for you to don those horrid white orthopedic walking shoes, and matching belt, and waddle off, ‘else you may miss the ‘Early Bird Special’!

True story

OMG!

..... It is time, I believe, for you to don those horrid white orthopedic walking shoes, and matching belt, and waddle off, ‘else you may miss the ‘Early Bird Special’!

I don't do Early Birds.......I do Happy Hours

I found the following letter in my local newspaper, and it just made too much sense not to pass it on.....

1. "The humanities division at Harvard University is attracting fewer undergraduate students these days.

2. ...[students] have finally figured out that it’s tough to get a job after graduation if pretty much all you’ve been preparing for is listening for the sound of a tree falling in the forest.

3. ....if you’ve got to make a living some day and pay back all those loans, maybe computer science or accounting or engineering or math might be better choices.

4. The university, for its part, has responded by preparing a report suggesting the humanities division aggressively market itself to freshmen and sophomores, and convince them of how useful spending four years studying history and gender studies and philosophy can be — “Harriet, the toilet is overflowing. Quick, call an existentialist!”

5. ... they’re trying to snooker your kids!

6. Is it any wonder that the late William F. Buckley once said that he would rather be governed by the first 300 names in the Boston phone directory than by the faculty of Harvard University?

7. .... a little fatherly, or motherly, advice, and tell your children, “Do what you love, but don’t quit your day job.

8. .... a little fatherly, or motherly, advice, and tell your children, “Do what you love, but don’t quit your day job."
Sound Off to the Editor ? Brooklyn Daily

Teach them this lesson so they don't wind up at "Occupy Wall Street"!

If you are going to go to college ANYWHERE you should go into a profession. The rest is just window dressing.

True story

OMG!

I don't do Early Birds.......I do Happy Hours

No self respecting bird would do you.

Go to Harvard and learn to be a Democratic Party professional "Race Baiter". It's in very high demand and pays off fairly well it seems.

True story

OMG!

She is mistaking you for a Republican. And one from 20 years ago.

The last thing the Free Market wants is an American employee; Science or Humanities.

Forum List

Back