Better Elton John Song?

What's the Better Elton John Song?

• Candle In The Wind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goodbye YellowBrick Road

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
Take Me To The Pilot.

I never thought another song of his could beat out "Take me to the pilot," but "Philadelphia Freedom" came close. "Bennie and the Jets" was the first favorite of his before that time, but there's a little story behind that.

Take Me To The Pilot.

I never thought another song of his could beat out "Take me to the pilot," but "Philadelphia Freedom" came close. "Bennie and the Jets" was the first favorite of his before that time, but there's a little story behind that.

That's funny because Philadelphia Freedom was about the first Elton John song I didn't like. I didn't care for Island Girl too much, it was literally the worst song on Rock of the Westies. The other songs on that LP were absolutely brilliant... Bernie Taupin at his peak. Elton exploring his blues roots... but Island Girl sucked.

Freedom was just too commercial. He actually wrote that for his friend, Billie Jean King who was a member of the Philadelphia Freedom tennis team.

Bennie and the Jets is one of my all-time favorite songs ever. I love to hear the original, I love to hear covers of it. Just a really fun song.

Take me to the Pilot is a killer song for sure. It always reminded me of Burn Down the Mission.

Take Me To The Pilot.

That's funny because Philadelphia Freedom was about the first Elton John song I didn't like. I didn't care for Island Girl too much, it was literally the worst song on Rock of the Westies. The other songs on that LP were absolutely brilliant... Bernie Taupin at his peak. Elton exploring his blues roots... but Island Girl sucked.

Freedom was just too commercial. He actually wrote that for his friend, Billie Jean King who was a member of the Philadelphia Freedom tennis team.

Bennie and the Jets is one of my all-time favorite songs ever. I love to hear the original, I love to hear covers of it. Just a really fun song.

Take me to the Pilot is a killer song for sure. It always reminded me of Burn Down the Mission.

Elton knew what he was doing.

Elton wasn't too good with lyrics but he was great with putting tunes to Bernie's lyrics. I saw a documentary years ago and he said Bernie would send him the lyrics, then he and the band met at a house in France. Elton got up a half hour before everyone else and by the time the rest of them came down for breakfast, he had the music written for the first song. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration but probably not far from the truth.

Mine

Heck may be ...my fav song ever. on this somber earth...sometimes I think.....

Bennie and the Jets -

Bennie and the Jets...which I love so much

this time live at at Madison Square Garden....night everybody.

Elton wasn't too good with lyrics but he was great with putting tunes to Bernie's lyrics. I saw a documentary years ago and he said Bernie would send him the lyrics, then he and the band met at a house in France. Elton got up a half hour before everyone else and by the time the rest of them came down for breakfast, he had the music written for the first song. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration but probably not far from the truth.

I have a super RARE copy of "He Who Rides The Tiger" ...an album BY Bernie Taupin! He actually tried to go solo. The songs are lyrically pretty good but the melodies are very simplistic and lack the depth of what Elton could do. His vocals aren't too bad but nothing near the range of Elton. It's just a neat album to have as a fan. I don't think it was ever released in the states.

Bernie sounded a lot like Elton but I think he needed Elton for the composition part of the formula.

I am not a fan of his, but I will admit that I do like to hear his song named "The One". I like the music.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back